- Overall 8+ years of experience as Software Development Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Designing, Developing, Programming Testing and Implementing the Android Application for Smartphones, Tablet and Client Server Applications.
- Extensive experience in developing mobile & and web - based applications using Java, J2EE, JSP Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Struts, CSS, Java Beans, Web Services, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL), JBOSS, Tomcat and Oracle.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving front-end User Interface development, push notifications, Adapters, Content Providers and Services.
- In-depth experience in using Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Moshi, Otto, Butter knife etc.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA, Android Studio and RAD.
- Experience in developing applications in Android Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat Ice Cream Sandwich, Honey Comb and Gingerbread.
- Expertise in integrating libraries such as Retrofit 1.9 and 2.0, Butter knife, Picasso, Volley in application development.
- Hands on experience with common Android framework APIs Location, Camera, Notifications, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.
- Experience in various SDLC methodologies like Agile development and Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Knowledge on usage of external devices like Bluetooth devices, barcode scanners, vectors etc.,
- Expertise in developing Android Enterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices using Eclipse, Android SDK, Android Studio and ADT development tools.
- Experienced in working with several versions of Android SDK like Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream, Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop and Marshmallow.
- Experience in using various development environments like Eclipse and MyEclipse.
- Experience in developing various UI components like Text View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars and Spinners.
- Worked on various Relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and DB2.
- Experience in the process of a system objects with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented analysis (OOA), Object Oriented Modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language.
- Good expertise in developing applications and designing screens using MVC pattern for Android application using Android Studio, Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Intelli IDEA, SQLite, RAD, Java and ADT plugin.
- Experience in different methodologies like of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile development and waterfall development.
- Extensively worked in developing and implementation of ORM framework Hibernate, JPA, unit testing frameworks using JUnit and manual testing.
- Experience in designing Graphic, audio and video multimedia components and managed various kinds of media using Flash, Photoshop.
- Worked with various applications and deployed on Google play store, Samsung app and Amazon app store.
- Analyzed Swift language in IOS for different applications.
- Worked on Data Structure, Multithreading, Collection and Exception handling.
- Experience in modifying and using source code version with tools like SVN, GIT and CVS.
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation, Client Interfacing Skills.
- Hands on experience in Camera, Wi-Fi, Sensors, Bluetooth, Telephony, Google Map, Firebase API, OAuth. Integrating third party Social API's into Android apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Designed UI using views provided by Android and created custom views when required. Involved in updating the application UI and application data structure.
- Implemented mobile app for Android by using Java and Kotlin.
- Supported and developed Android native app using JAVA and Kotlin language.
- Used various devices, which include tablets and phone with a latest Android OS to the application.
- Worked with Dialog Fragments for Pop-up and Used List Adapters, Spinners, and Loaders.
- Used JIRA to keep track of outstanding bugs, participated in daily standups, sprint reviews, Kickoffs.
- Created social login using Gigya API's. Integrated user social accounts with the express account.
- Used third party SDKs and libraries like Google Analytics, EventBus, Couchbase, Retrofit, and Picasso for tracking crashes and usage data, loading images, API calls.
- Created e2e test suites for all components and run them on protractor.
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Implemented zip code functionality using Location Manager API.
- Used PHP / MYSQL in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL and PHP) environment for creating dynamic data driven and interactive web pages.
- Worked on large complex existing codebase in latest Android SDK, Android Studio and APIs using TDD, MVP.
- Included dagger for dependency injection for mocking JSON with Mockito into REST API web service.
- Implemented widget plugin project using Search API, Content Providers, and Data base API.
- Developed business logic along with connecting the application to the server with REST web services.
Environment: Event Bus, Git, Bean Stack, Android 5.0, Android SDK, Dagger2, Java, Eclipse, ProGuard, Google Maps API, Android Emulator, NDK, SQLite, Linux/UNIX, XML.
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Participated in complete SDLC process with team to analyze requirement, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Worked in an Agile based environment.
- Implemented Android Bluetooth and also Location connectivity components.
- Worked on UI implementation and control.
- Implemented Fragments, Activities.
- Developed different features for the application and worked on linear, frame and relative layouts.
- Implemented List View to show the different locations and maps as a form of list.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Involved in development of project scheduling and delivery plan to track and communicate testing project status.
- Used log cat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server) and trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks.
- Worked with UX Designers, Mobile Architects and other Developers to build enterprise mobile solutions and perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
- Designed the web services to communicate with the Android application by using RESTful web services with the Spring API, and JSON Parsing for the received responses.
- Designed and developed the request and response data to and from database.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Performing Continuous Integration (CI) with Jenkins.
- Used GIT as version control for Source code.
- Used JIRA to track issues.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, Android studio, MVP, RESTFUL Web services, Google Maps, Volley, JSON, Junit, JIRA, Log cat, Jenkins, Git (version control).
Confidential, Bellevue, Washington
Android Application Developer
- Took part in redesigning and re-architecting the application into material design.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Used Recycler View to have an optimized list view.
- Modified internal libraries and frameworks, both proprietary and third party open-source.
- Developed and implemented custom Layouts, Views, AsyncTasks, Adapters, Lists, Fragments Activities, Interfaces, Listeners, Services and more.
- Designing Different Background services for the application with the help of handlers and registry.
- Developed a production app for Google Play, Family Organizer that is a productivity application written in Kotlin that syncs family data like to-dos, schedules, and checklists across Android.
- Implemented custom animations for card flips, flying text, activity transitions.
- Extensively used Rest web services to display the data on the user interface.
- Have been part in improvising and testing on the application.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Involved in writing unit test cases .
- Executed build scripts to produce test and production builds. Implemented Google Maps Android API V2 by using the GPS coordinates to display nearest rental locations.
- Implemented all the payment options via payment gateway.
- Implemented push notification for the successful transaction receipts.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies like Iteration Planning Meeting, daily stand-ups, demo meetings and retrospective meetings.
Environment: Android Studio, XML, JAVA, Web Services (REST, JSON), Fragments, Test Driven Development, XML, Git/GitHub, Genymotion, Sourcetree.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Android Mobile Application Developer
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists from database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar Activities and implemented Status Bar.
- Responsible for SERVICES, ASYNC tasks and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Experience in using communication protocols in a network using TCP IP and UDP protocols.
- Experience in the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, DDMS console
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Built Java applications using concepts of Core Java.
- Developed using the MVC architecture along with the Spring 2.5 framework.
- Developed several reusable web components using JSP, Java Beans and Servlets.
- Used JDBC concepts to establish connection and use the Oracle database.
- Deployed the application in Apache Tomcat server in the production environment.
- Participated in design decision making and implementation.
- Prepared designed documents for future reference for developers.
- Extensively involved in testing and maintenance of the existing applications.
- Developed JUnit test cases for application and system testing.
- Implemented CVS as Version Control System.
Android Development Tools: Android NDK, Java JDK, J2EE, Android SDK versions from 2.3 (Gingerbread) - 6.0 (Marshmallow)
IDE's: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJIDEA, MyEclipse
Operation Systems: Windows 9x / NT/ 2000 / XP/ 2003, UNIX, Linux, Mainframes, DOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Macintosh.
Database/Testing tools: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, DDMS, Logcat, JUnit, TestNG
Web Services/App Servers: SOAP, Confidential WebSphere, HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, Front Page, UNIX Shell Script, Ajax, NodeJS, AngularJS.
Frameworks & App Servers: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JDK, Android SDK, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, and WebLogic.