- Confidential is an experienced leader, process mentor, architect and developer for the Java Enterprise Platform, SOA, E - Commerce, web services, object technology, and knowledge-based systems.
- His deep knowledge of current and emerging technologies, model-driven architecture, as well as experience with multiple application servers makes him an invaluable resource to any project.
- He has many years of experience mentoring teams on requirements analysis, development methodologies, and implementation technologies, enabling him to improve team productivity as defined by client organization’s metrics.
- He is an expert on patterns and development methodologies, and has designed and implemented many software frameworks.
- He has published several articles and presented Confidential many conferences.
Methodologies/Processes/Notations: Agile/XP, RUP and UML, XML/XSD, Jacobson, OMT, design patterns
Platforms: Unix, Linux, Windows, MVS, OS400, Himalaya
Databases: Oracle 8 to 11g, DB2/UDB, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Coherence, CouchDB, Cassandra, Versant
Tools: /Products: CA LISA, Scala,salesforce.com, Oracle BPM Suite, Aqualogic BPM, Identity Management, Hudson, Mule ESB, Ruby, Activiti BPM, Ajax, GWT, jQuery, JBoss AS, jBPM, IBM WAS, WMB, Websphere MQ, Apache Tomcat, CXF, Maven, Struts, Rational Suite (RSA, RAD, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest), Git, Subversion, SoapUI, Selenium, Crystal Reports, Visual Age Confidential, Visual Works, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, C++
Service Virtualization Architect
- Member of Confidential ’s team dedicated to the service virtualization partnership with CA.
- Architected Service Virtualization solutions using CA’s LISA product suite for numerous end clients.
- Mentored clients’ development teams on virtualization techniques suitable for unit, functional and performance testing.
- Assisted in the efforts to establish a Service Virtualization Center of Excellence Confidential Hartford Insurance helping the CTO Architecture team adopt best practices for service virtualization.
- Virtualized salesforce.com-based partner relationship management web services for Verizon Enterprise.
- Participated in assembling a set of self-study exercises for new team members joining Confidential ’s service virtualization team.
Solution Architect and Lead Developer
- Member of the Cloud Development team
- Architected Cloud-based solutions for Confidential customers based on RESTful web services and Hibernate
- Leveraged agile methodology and tools (Spring, Rally, Hudson, Maven)
- Deployed the solutions to Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Introduced Domain Driven Design as a foundation for developing (through incremental refactorings) common (aka canonical) domain model and reusable business components.
- Established process models and reference architecture (as-is and to-be) for the problem domain
- Coached the team through adoption of new technologies with a particular focus on RESTful web services, JSON, and an upgrade of the Hibernate persistence framework (using annotations).
- Lead migration of WebMethods applications to Spring-based RESTful web services.
- Led a NoSQL POC using Cassandra File System as a document image storage and retrieval solution
- Member of the Architecture and Common Services Integration organization
- Designed common RESTful web services and maintained the reference architecture
- Provided architectural and development methodology guidance
- Facilitated requirements analysis and design sessions for various clients
- Evaluated various products and technologies for addition to the corporate portfolio
Architect and Senior Technical Lead
- Member of the architecture team on the $200M EASE Project to replace the existing Driver License and Vehicle Registration system, responsible for Design Phase development methodology, processes, best practices, and design documentation templates.
- Participated in road-mapping the project, recommending applicable technologies, and defining scope of successive deliverables /phases.
- Facilitated requirements analysis and design (JAD) sessions with DMV SMEs
- Defined system architecture (including infrastructure, platform, and security).
- Lead developer of a multi-tier Spring-based 2EE application framework based on the principles of SOA and REST, exposing selected business functions as restful web services.
VP, Chief Architect
- Assessed business needs and the existing architecture, defined the target architecture, standards, strategy, and the road map for transitioning to the “to be” architecture based on principles of BPM, SOA, and OO.
- Established development process improvement methodology for the product development organization
- Teamed with domain experts (business) to identify business processes, develop supporting use cases, and system specifications
- Defined enhancements for, as well as configuration and maintenance procedures, for the development and production environment (Red Hat Linux, JBoss App Server 4 cluster, Aqua Logic ESB and BPM, Oracle Coherence).
- Created a claims data warehouse.
- Improved performance of the claims processing BPM system (BEA AquaLogic).
J2EE architect and Lead Developer
- Introduced SOA principles for integrating disparate business systems
- Facilitated JAD sessions driving process model and use case development, as well as the non-functional (QoS) requirements
- Lead developer of a WebSphere application processing POS (Point of Sale) transactions, interfacing to Oracle 10g database and a mainframe ERP system (SAP) using TIBCO.
- Member of the corporate architecture department in charge of Sales and Reservations systems, providing architectural guidance to various Web/E-Commerce projects
- Identified, evaluated, and recommended technical solutions addressing business needs, functional and non-functional (QoS) requirements to assure application availability, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Mentor to project managers on AA SDLC - a company-tailored version of the Rational Unified Process
- Guided requirements gathering sessions, development of use cases, functional and non-functional (quality of service) system specifications.
J2EE Architect and Process Mentor
- Participated in the corporate architecture committee focusing of architectural and process standards
- Mentored (hands-on) the team on Java, J2EE, OOAD, pair programming and test-driven development
- Architected the ERAC application based on J2EE and SOA architectural principles and patterns
- Adopted Spring as the application framework and Hibernate-based persistence.
- Developed a Java/Swing based tool for graphical mapping of Cobol copybooks to domain objects.
- Worked with senior business management to identify business requirements and functional specifications for the system processing debit/gift/phone card transactions, aggregating charges and interfacing with billing systems of card issuing organizations.
- Developed project metaphor and application frameworks for the presentation, (web) services, business process / EAI, and business rules layers.
- Coached the team on adopting Extreme Programming practices with particular emphasis on test driven design, continuous integration and refactoring.
- Paired with each team member to provide one on one mentoring on J2EE 1.3 specification and design patterns, OO design principles, UML, J2EE technologies.
- Defined a strategy for transition from Confidential to J2EE platform
- Defined strategy for interoperability and integration of J2EE and .NET applications
- Mentored business analysts in collecting requirements and formalizing them as use cases
- Mentored development team in using OO design patterns and techniques, UML, and J2EE
- Lead developer on a conversion of an existing Confidential application to J2EE platform using Tomcat, Jess (rule engine), and MQ Series interface to a mainframe IMS database.
- Developed web services for broker and loan registration, as well as loan-pipeline updates for Institutional Lending Portal running Websphere Application Server 4.0 on AIX and Oracle 9i database.
- Refactored an existing life insurance policy management system to support browser and Swing-based presentation layers and CORBA for client/server communication
- Defined a framework for customizing the system to support customer-specific business rules and workflows
- Mentored project team in using Visual Age for Java and Websphere Application Server (J2EE) interfacing to an Oracle 8 database’
Architect and Mentor
- Interfaced with Bank’s business units/divisions to identify business requirements for the integrated enterprise-wide retail lending infrastructure.
- Developed architectural framework for integrating various types of front and back end components based on a light-weight message broker, pluggable transports and protocol adapters providing uniform interface to various types of component interactions -- synchronous, asynchronous, and future/promise-based communication
- Architected and led implementation of a reference object model of the mortgage, home equity, and other lending business processes in support of sharing data and services across different divisions of the Bank and external business partners
- Mentored a team of 8 developers in OO best practices
Architect and Team Lead
- Member of the architecture team on the $250M Service Delivery Project to replace disjoint, division-level legacy applications with an enterprise-wide J2EE system.
- Participated in defining and refining common project-management and development methodologies for the organization
- Interfaced with several business units to collect and analyze system requirements.
- Led concurrently 3 functional teams of 8 developers each, mentoring developers
- Ensured adherence to project methodologies, standards, OO principles, and J2EE specification
Architect and Principal Developer
- Conducted requirements gathering using Rational Unified process
- Developed use cases and defined object model in Rational Rose
- Designed algorithms for tracking transfers of ownership and assignments of income from contracts (leases) on Indian lands
- Mentored the team in OO principles, iterative development methodologies, and Java
- Supervised 15 developers in applying OO principles to produce modular, maintainable code
- Introduced to the department, and trained the project team on Unified Modeling Language and Rational Rose in support of the OOAD activities
- Defined a workflow framework separating business-process architecture layer from the business-artifact (traditional "domain") layer, enabling end users to specify business processes as declarative configurations of basic tasks
- Designed and led development of the GUI portion of the application in Visual Age for Java using Swing
- Acted as a liaison between the application development team and customer service organizations
- Lead design and development of a web-based Internet Service Order Entry application
- Lead design and development of Product Management Application to support sales of CPE products and related services
- Participated in the corporate architecture team, setting corporate re-use strategy
- Defined interfaces to component business processes