- Results - driven technology manager and lead solution architect with 17 years of experience working on complex systems within on-premise and AWS Cloud infrastructure. Core skills are as follows
- Technical leadership on large scale system design, development, integration, and testing
- Strategy, planning, and migration for the large data center to on-premise/AWS Cloud
- Change/ Incidents Management, Disaster Recovery and Resiliency Management
- Program / Project management with SDLC/Agile, Customer Relationship Management
- Resource hiring, development, and training
- AWS Certified Cloud Solution Architect with DevOps and CICD
Senior Technical Manager/Solution Architect
- Lead a project that defined the target state cloud architecture for 128 systems spread across three business portfolios: Capital Market, Multifamily and Securitization
- Defined the Cloud migration road map
- Developed cloud migration strategy and application rationalization model based on the business priority, technology, and business profile and categorized applications/components/shared service for re-host, re-purchase, re-platform and re-architecture
- Recommended target state cloud architecture for each application and obtained approvals from management
- Designed VPC, Subnet, the Security and storage for Hybrid cloud.
- Developed an AWS cloud reference model and mapped to each on-prem technologies
- Evaluated cloud technology stack by running migration pilots (Technology stack listed at the bottom)
- Designed the DevOps pipeline to deliver changes automatically
- Developed migration roadmap for each application and cloud foundational capabilities (Shared Services, Databases, Network, Storage, DNS, Security, etc.)
- Managed the cloud delivery of 128 applications
- Assisted individual teams with issues and various challenges
- Analyzed the on-prem environment and developed consolidated list of all tools and technologies (OS, storage, network, application servers, web servers, Databases, Datamart, Data Analytic tools, ETL, batch processing tools, Shared services, Monitoring tools, Encryption tools, Storage and CPU capacity, Authentication, Data exchange Interfaces and messaging mechanism, archival details, Resiliency plan, firewall, port etc..) and identified the technology patterns, risk and challenges within on-prem platforms, which helped to standardize and optimize the target state cloud infrastructures. Developed technology architecture diagrams by portfolio and identified all internal and external dependencies
- Designed the next generation Loan Acquisition system for the multifamily portfolio. This application was developed using TIBCO/ Java/ Apache Tomcat Server/Oracle.
- Designed the integration layer which integrated the system with SaaS solution (DUS Docway, OpenText Private cloud) that provides digital document certification and approval work-flow on a real-time basis
- Assisted the team with SSL Certificate generation and configuration
- Designed the TIBCO integration layer with Commitment and Delivery systems (C &D) which sends messages to the TIBCO layer in a common format. All the subscriber systems receive this data on a real-time basis. This design eliminated the synchronous communication that was in effect with several other systems
- Designed essential nonfunctional requirements - Security, monitoring, resiliency, change rollback capabilities
Technical Project Manager
- Managed the Production Onboarding, Technical audit of Securities Accounting Management (SAM) - Strategic Initiative for the book accounting system. The system was built using Informatica, TIBCO, and ESB. Oracle was used as the Datastore. Execution of the batch jobs was orchestrated thorough Autosys.
- Managed a team of 8 resources to support UAT execution and production support
- Managed resource hiring and training
- Managed transition of outsourcing of future support to a new service provider
Technical Project Manager
- Managed the Production Close Command Center and Situation Room to manage the monthly accounting close and changes impacting the accounting systems.
- Tracked and managed execution of 40+ applications and 200 interfaces/processes spread across Capital market systems, Single-family, Multifamily, MBS, Structured Deals (REMICS, SMBS), Debts & derivatives and Peoplesoft GL systems. Tracked the process, provided leadership to resolve issues in a timely manner and also provided status to higher management
- Reviewed the design of 40 systems and rectified several architectural issues which have helped to reduce the close accounting close timeline to 13 days from 21 days.
- Led a team to develop a tool to perform the health check and monitoring of production systems on a daily basis to detect issues.
- Managed Fannie Mae’s Situation Room, a function to review emergency changes and impacts during the 13 days execution close period and provided approval in coordination with higher management
- Led the Reston to Urbana datacenter migration and ID Swap application testing for 12+ Finance applications
- Coordinated software upgrades and patch implementations
- Met with various business and technology leaders on a weekly basis to brief on issues, root cause analysis and remediation
- Lead the development team, designed and developed 3 tax accounting systems for Fannie Mae using ETL technology (Ab Initio), Oracle, Autosys, Java, Crystal Reports and Business Intelligence. These systems processed 20 Million of loans and 500K MBS securities to determine the taxable income which will be the basis for Fannie Mae’s IRS tax filing.
AWS Compute: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, ECS
Networking & Content Delivery: VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, API Gateway, Direct ConnectGlobal Accelerator, Elastic Load Balancing
AWS Storage: S3, EFS, S3 Glacier, Snowball (storage Migration), Storage Gateway
AWS Database: RDS Oracle, RDS Postgres, Aurora, RedShift (data mart), Dynamo DB (No SQL), Elastic Cache
ETL/Analytics: AWS Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Kinesis
Messaging: SNS, SQS, SES
DevOps: AWS Code Commit, GitHub, AWS CodeBuild, Jenkin, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS CodeDeploy
Container: ECS, Fargate
Cloud Management & Governance: AWS Organizations, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Config, OpsWorks, Trusted Advisor, AWS License Manager, Personal Health Dashboard
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza, MS Access
ETL: Informatica/Ab Initio
Integration Service: TIBCO BW/ESB/SFTP/Synchrony
Analytics: Tableau, MicroStrategy, Web Intelligence
Language/Scripting: C, JAVA, PL-SQL, UNIX, .NET, VB
Middleware: WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss
Monitoring / Alert: Catchpoint, Topaz, Netcool, Dynatrace, Splunk
Others: MS office Tools, MyService- Change Management