- About 7 years of experience as a Java/J2ee developer encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals. Also Over 6 Years of experience in analyzing, designing, tuning and developing Client/Server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications and various segments of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 DTS/SQL Server Integration, Reporting & Analysis Services.
- Worked in process oriented architecture Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Build, Packaging, Deployment, Maintenance, Support of various software products, Application Software packages, Backend development of web based projects.
- Experience with software/systems development/Integration with Java, SQL, and XML/XSD technology. Good knowledge on Linux shell scripts.
- Involved in Generating proxies in IBM web Sphere integration developer (WID) to integrate with Database.
- Experienced in creating Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Cursors, Triggers, User Profiles, User Defined Functions, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity in observing Business Rules.
- Worked in programming, deploying, configuring, and fine - tuning middle-tier popular J2EE Application Servers like IBM Web sphere Integration Developer (WID v6.1), Jboss, Oracle Application Server, IBM Web sphere and open source Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in delivering Architecture, High Level and Detailed Design.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing scripts using SQL for querying against databases.
- Working knowledge on XML, Json and custom file format conversions.
- Good knowledge on Multiple Databases Oracle, Sybase and MySQL. Experience with configuring connection pools using JDBC and JNDI.
- Experience in building Workflow solutions, Data integration and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Solutions for Data warehousing using DTS/SSIS packages from multiple sources like Tera-Data, DB2, Oracle, MS Access, Flat files, SQL Server etc., and loading them into target databases.
- Hands on experience in Scheduling Jobs and Alerts in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Good Understanding in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MS Excel spreadsheets and Power Pivot.
- Good experience in converting the Business Requirements into Technical Specifications, Design/Development and in solving complex business problems.
- Familiar with Agile development and waterfall methodologies.
- Conceptually strong with an innovative and analytical approach to the work with an eye for detail. Enriched with the ability to learn new concepts & technology within a short span of time.
Operating Systems: Windows 2007/2003/XP/Vista and UNIX.
Programming Languages: Java, C++, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, VB.NET.
Middle Ware & Server Side: JSP, JSF, iText to generate PDF, XML, Java Bean, Web-Services, WSDL, SOAP, MDB & JMS, IBM MQ series, SQL server
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Development Tools: IBM Web sphere Integration Developer (WID v6.1), IBM Web sphere Application Developer (WSAD) v5.1, Eclipse 3.2, IntelliJ, Rational Application Developer (RAD 6.0).
SQL Editors: Oracle SQL Developer and TOAD.
Application Servers: IBM Web Sphere Process Server (WPS v6.1), IBM Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) v5.0, BEA WebLogic Server v8.1/v9.2, Apache Tom-cat Server v4.1, JBoss 4.0.
Databases: MS SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Oracle8i/9i/10g.
Design Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft VISIO.
GUI Technologies: AWT, Swing.
Software Methodologies: Agile, OO Analysis and Design (OOAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Java/J2EE Design Patterns, Extreme-Programming and Test Driven Development.
- Involved in several modules of Account Product service during Development, Testing and Maintenance in Agile methodology.
- Build complex PL/SQL processes to dynamically generate run-time load processes based on ETL configuration tables.
- Responsible for development of configuration, mapping and Java beans for Object and relational Mapping using Java API.
- Designed and developed Web Services (SOAP, Rest) for transmission of System of Record through HTTP using Spring Framework.
- Used proper coding techniques and language constructs to write clean, maintainable, documented code.
- Actively involved in building and deploying application in Tomcat Server Environment with Anthill Pro Build Tool.
- Working with Third-Party Insurance Administrative Systems (FAST, Life Cad, TRAC, and Morning Star) to load data and maintain synchronization with the source systems.
- Understand the requirements from the down streams; create BRD for adding/developing ETL for new gaps requested by the clients.
- Analyzing the existing data model to accommodate the new fields (gaps) being added to the database.
- Creating/Modifying the views, staging tables, configuration tables, and stored procedures/transformations to build ETL to load data from source system (SQL Server 2012) to destination system (Oracle 126.96.36.199/ 12 C) using DPU tool.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Writing Technical Requirements and Technical Design and generating Pseudo Code, Process flow diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Extend the data model of the central data repository by modeling and building new structures and oracle database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, SQL Developer by following the data model standards.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Developed XSLTs for changing the Schema of XML metadata in transforming files. Used JAXB API for handling different xml schemas.
- Optimization utilizing indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Assist with preparing production scripts and backup processes to move code to production for weekly migrations. Worked on a subject matter expert’s task force group to handle critical and time sensitive production issues impacting clients.
- Implemented and practiced agile methodology for project development.
- Work with project planning, defect tracking, version control and task management tools such as TFS and JIRA.
- Ensure source code version control processes are followed across the team.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, TOAD for Oracle, Windows 2007, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, DPU, MS Visual Studio, TFS, JIRA, Java 1.7, J2EE, XML/XSLT/XSD, Tomcat Server, AntHillPro, CASCM Subversion, Restful, SDLC, Shell Scripting, XML Schema.
- Involved in Pre-inception, inception, elaboration, construction and transition phases Using RUP Methodology.
- Involved in design activities i.e. HLD (High Level Design) and LLD (Low Level Design.
- Designed and developed front end using JSP, JSTL, EL, and other custom tag libraries.
- Involved in the development team to develop the application using Eclipse/Tortoise-SVN/Subversion tools.
- Expertise in Web Page development using XML, XSLT, DTD, Parsers, JSP and CSS.
- Create XML file, DTD file, and XML Schema files using enterprise tool.
- Involved in Optimizing search engine for Johnson and Johnson by using SEO Technique.
- Prepare and review the technical design for the system that adheres to the MVC architecture using Front Controller, Business Delegate design patterns.
- Involved in the architectural discussions and review meetings
- Designed and implemented the logging mechanism using Log4j API.
- Configure spring web components (View Strategies and Controller Strategies).
- Involved in injecting dependencies into code using concepts like IOC of Spring Framework.
- Developed the application using Struts Frame work.
- Involved in writing validation files using struts framework.
- Automated the build/deploy processes using ANT.
- Responsible for development of configuration, mapping and Java beans for Persistent layer (Object and Relational Mapping) using Hibernate.
- Used Sub Version (SVN) as version control system to check in and checkout the data.
- Involved in writing groovy code in grails to get the data into the web application and developed the PREA web application.
- Grails is truly a spring based web application which is completely depends on the domain, controller and views mainly. My role is to develop all those domain, view and controllers for PREA application.
- Involved in designing and developing of software development life cycle of the project.
- Continues monitoring to the logs to check whether the application is working properly or not.
- Designed UI plug-in that are required for the application.
- Developed test cases to deploy groovy files in test phase.
- Involved in the Requirements collection & Analysis from the business team.
- Created the design documents with use case diagram, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Apache Struts1.2 Framework.
- Implemented Action Classes and server side validations for account activity, payment history and Transactions.
- Implemented views using Struts tags, JSTL2.0 and Expression Language.
- Implemented Tiles Framework for the views layout.
- Implemented session beans to handle business logic for fund transfer, loan, credit card & fixed deposit modules.
- Worked with various java patterns such as Service Locater and Factory Pattern at the business layer for effective object behaviors.
- Worked on the JAVA Collections API for handling the data objects between the business layers and the front end.
- Worked with JAXB, SAXP and XML Schema for exporting data into XML format and importing data from XML format to data base and JAXB in the web service's request response data marshalling as well as un-marshalling process.
- Implemented the web services client to consume the third-party service API for validating credit cards. Used XML Web Services using SOAP to transfer the amount to transfer application that is remote and global to different financial institutions.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment status report.
- Developed Unit test cases using JUnit.
- Developed ant scripts and developed builds using Apache ANT.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Used Clear Case for source code maintenance.