- 3+ years of experience with Android development
- Experience with solving challenging problems by developing custom mobile applications and working in a collaborative and distributive team environment
- Android Play Store published applications (apps from other platforms a plus)
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and client - server interaction
- Experience building Android apps from scratch, familiar with Android architecture like MVC, MVP, MVVM.
- Hands-on experience with Google Play Services for Android (GPS, FCM, Map, In-App Billing, Admob).
- Advanced Android development skills with open-source libraries (Okhttp, Retrofit, Dagger2, RxJava, Picasso).
- Used MVC pattern to encapsulate client/server interactions helps to illustrate software pattern roles as well as developer roles by separating object, components, and services into multi-tiers with well-defined boundaries.
- Implemented mobile app for Android by using Java and Kotlin.
- Integrated Push Notifications using Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) to notify user updates for Account information.
- TDD (Test Driven Development), Paired Programming
- Integrated Application to Firebase (Firebase Analytics, Crashlytics, Firebase Performance Monitoring) to know more information from user.
- Involved in design and developing re-usable web services using SOAP, XML and Restful Web Services with JSON.
- Used Shared ps for login activity and for password and email validation.
- Used Services, Async tasks and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Worked on implementing internal broadcast receivers to notify when data is received.
- Expert in Object-Orientated Programming (including languages such as Java)
- Experience with relational database management systems (SLQ Server)
- Experience with unit testing and debugging applications on strict timelines
- Worked in teams as well as individually on all stages of the Android development life cycle.
- Controlled JIRA workflows using Confluence and managed tasks within the Agile framework.
- Hands-on concepts of Android like Material design, Activities, Fragments, Services, SQLite database handling, Asynctask, UI Layouts, and Widgets etc.
- Familiar with databases as well as database languages such as SQL, Oracle, Firebase, etc.
- Familiar with Third-Party API’s and Frameworks as well as implementation
- Facebook/Twitter SDK, Mo-Pub for real time data streaming
- Parse SDK, Fire Base SDK, Parse Server Tools
- Node JS and Angular JS Web Plugins, Google Ad mob
- Apache Ant, Maven Groovy Tools, Android Studio Gradle
- Worked with Adobe XD, InDesign
- Fabric Mobile Platform for Digits, Twitter, Answers and Crashlytics
- Retrofit, Glide, ButterKnife, Maps, Firebase Analytics
- Experience in Java and Android Testing
Confidential, Bolingbrook, IL
- Used Kotlin and Model View-View Model structure to develop new features for the application.
- Made the application adhere to WCAG 2.0 Compliance (ADA) via using content descriptions, view triggers and Talkback.
- Developed Unit-Testing to ensure program accuracy.
- Implemented new Web Services that allows the user to add items to bag, favorite specific items and register for email notifications regarding a particular product.
- Implemented the ability to check recent orders.
- Working with back-end team to resolve issues within the app as well as meet business needs.
- Implemented data tracking to allow the business to identify what products are being favorited, bought or what specific calls are being made.
- Maintained the application and fixed pre-existing bugs.
- Worked the app functionalities in the agile environment by breaking down the project goals into story points and attended daily Scrum meetings to discuss the issues and dependencies.
- JIRA bug tracking tool was used for task assigning and bug reporting was done with SourceTree for version control.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked on Seatgeek's Android app that has more than a million downloads on the Play Store.
- I implemented highly-visible features such as two-factor authentication for login, trending event lists on home screen, Zendesk chat integration for live in-app customer support, user referrals feature for new customer acquisition.
- I refactored critical app functionality such as checkout to MVP for improved testability.
- I implemented parts of SeatGeek Android SDK that is integrated by multiple Android apps from SeatGeek’s integration partners.
- I worked on creating a more delightful user experience by implementing core funnel animations, as well as dynamic interactive price graphs (à la Airbnb) for tickets.
- Coaches the team in adopting relevant technologies and processes to build an ethos of craftsmanship within the team
- Skilled in troubleshooting and debugging including debug tools and lab equipment
- Helped to analyze, improve and automate existing processes. Continually evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall Integration, Build, and Release processes
- Built Android apps with back-end API integration to improve the customer experience and cut down on development time
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Worked on continuous integration with Jenkins, helping set up an emulator using the SDK manager, emulator and AVD manager tools.
- Work closely with our Design team to create performant custom UI views and animations
- Architected our navigation architecture that includes two seperate stacks of constantly running sections
- Wrote our photo library from the ground up
- Since joining, our crash-free rate has risen to 99.9%
- Rewrote the application foundation to use MVP
- Created our Android photo Sync service
- Implemented our Notification Center and Deep Linking
- Helped implement many memory and multi-threaded optimizations
- Work with the best people in the industry to do great things
- Worked collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects, to enhance the overall quality of the product
- Took the initiative to troubleshoot defects and provided key information to developers.
- Worked collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects, to enhance the overall quality of the product.
- Designed the UI using Material Design to suit the target audience.
- Implemented Google Firebase Realtime Database and Authentication to allow for remote data storage and login/signup for the users.
- AdMob and Google Pay implementation to pay for Firebase services and create profit to improve application.
- Google Maps API integration to allow users to find and join study groups nearby using a search range.
- Used source control to manage changes to the project using SourceTree to allow the project to be backed up and managed remotely
- Designed the UI in Material Design to allow the user to sense a native experience.
- Implemented Google Firebase Cloud Firestore and Authentication to provide database and authentication services to the application.
- SQLite storage implementation for offline use of the application.
- Used source control to manage changes to the project using SourceTree to allow the project to be backed up and managed remotely using Git.