- Around 6+ years of IT experience as a Software Developer in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementing and testing of applications using Java/J2EE and Scala
- Extensively worked with AngularJS features and proficiency in implementing Components, Validations, Routings, Directives, and Modules.
- Programming skills and development experience in Core Java, J2EE, Design Patterns, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, API’s, Spring, EJB, Microservices, MVC, Hibernate
- Experienced in developing Microservices using Spring and Akka Framework, following a TDD approach.
- Developed Restful API’s using Spring Annotations in Java.
- Expertise in Creating and implementing middleware solutions using Web Services - SOAP and RESTful.
- Experienced in using relational databases DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, writing complex SQL, PL/SQL queries/procedures.
- Proficient in installing, configuring Application Servers and deploying Java/J2EE enterprise applications in Tomcat Server, Web Logic, Web Sphere, and JBoss.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration using CircleCI and Github.
- Work Experience on AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Dynamo DB, Auto-scaling groups, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS/SQS, Kafka
- Used Terraform to spin up the AWS services.
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, NewYork, NY
- Worked on developing services to help link customers with their external bank accounts to the stash application utilizing third party Quovo/Plaid API’s.
- Played a major role in the development of various micro-services using Scala, taken ownership of a few and maintenance of monolith using Ruby-on-Rails.
- Wrote unit tests using Sbt/Scala and Rspecs/Ruby with targeted code coverage.
- Used Terraform to spin up various AWS services like ECS, S3, SNS/SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB/Postgres.
- Utilized SumoLogic, Looker, Sentry, and HoneyBadger for logging/metrics and making appropriate decisions.
- Worked with peers from different teams to utilize data analytics, user behavior and understanding impact between multiple products within the app
- Had been a part of product roadmap and architecture discussions, taken decisions that increased bank linking percentage and reducing the transfer time between accounts.
- Used SNS/SQS and Kafka for event publishing/subscription between micro-services and processing/storing.
- Wrote python scripts to work with DynamoDB and Quovo user backfills for transition.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on SaaS-based cross-platform, cross-browser and omnichannel applications for coupon networks targeting individual customers.
- Using Java on Spring Framework, Swagger to build, document and consume the API.
- Wrote unit test cases using a scenario-based gherkin approach on various end-to-end features.
- Used a microservice architecture, with Spring based services interacting through a combination of REST and MQ and leveraging AWS to build, test and deploy microservices.
- Used Spring IOC to maintain loose coupling between layers, published the business layer as services and injected the necessary dependent components.
- Developed centralized payment transaction functionality Cwallet using Java/J2EE and Restful API.
- Designed user responsive rich web interfaces using HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap on Angular JS framework with Java 8, Redis and MySQL.
- Developed Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on the application for monitoring user behavior.
- Worked on converting monolithic legacy web applications to newer microservices-based architecture.
- Annihilating landing page latency of a Catalina powered iframe from 17s to 6s.
- Implementing a more efficient way of offer targeting by user's favorite retailer and store.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on developing warehouse management application for optimizing product storage, search, and retrieval.
- Integrated product tracking in multiple warehouses with preorder functionality depending on the availability and the rate of purchase.
- Developed the application based on the main modules of Spring MVC framework such as Core Container, Data Access/Integration, and Web.
- Developed product review search functionality based on keywords using Solr.
- Used Log4J to print info, warning and error data on to the logs.
- Wrote Test Cases using JUnit and Mockito framework.
- Involved in creating an employee seating management platform using SVG’s as a part of a company Hackathon.
- Participated in code reviews and performed unit/functionality testing .
Java Software Developer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Coordinated with product owners and stakeholders for requirement analysis, creating acceptance criteria and translating them into features with required scenarios using Cucumber plugin on eclipse.
- Collaborated closely with other team members to plan, design and develop robust solutions for handling incoming trade transactions from various external entities, processing the data and sending responses to other entities in their acceptable formats.
- Developed source modules using Java/J2EE on a Spring framework, Maven and Jenkins for code build and integration process.
- Had ownership of behavior-driven methodology implementation on the project.
- Developed maintainable code for parsing XML trade messages and saved information to internal MySQL databases.
- Used Jira for task management, Fisheye/Crucible for code reviews.
- Used Restful API for communicating with external clients and SOAP for retrieving processed XML messages.
- Coordinated with the offshore team for creating end-to-end test cases and BDD implementation in their teams.
- Performed unit testing with Junit and Mockito, deployed the application on Apache Tomcat server.
Application & Web Designer
- Designed and built a website for WVU zipline, academic innovation departmental and staff pages using PHP, HTML5, Canvas, CSS and Jquery.
- Worked with K-12 team for developing course material for school students.
- Worked on a classroom site for Teaching and Learning Commons, WVU.
- Developed Exam monitor tool to retrieve the IP address of the student accessing Respondus lockdown browser and displaying the list of students who did not take the test within specified university labs using PHP.
- Analysis and research of the applications and components within Blackboard’s Learn, eCampus request system and prepare test cases/test summary reports.
- Migrating courses from WVU eCampus (Blackboard Vista) to newer Blackboard 9.0.
- Involved in the requirement analysis, high level and detailed design of the enterprise application.
- Have been a part of developing components, Tolls that run on every client system, Back office that is present for every retailer for saving all the transaction details every day and a central instance system that sends information to every back-office system.
- Gained hands-on experience in creating Java/J2EE modules on Eclipse IDE, using best practices for development and testing.
- Implemented persistence layer using ORM technologies using Hibernate.
- Wrote complex and optimized SQL queries, views, triggers and stored procedures using Oracle for providing analysis on product purchases based on season, location, current offers, and other related criteria.
- Involved in build, integration and deployment process in DEV and QA environments using Maven, Jenkins and Apache Tomcat servers.
- Developed web interfaces using JSP, Servlets, HTML, and CSS.