Results oriented, highly experienced, hands on engineering management professional with over 25 years of experience in software architecture, development, design and test, and in systems design, networking, deployment and operations with a proven track record of building successful teams and delivering successful programs across multiple geographies.
- Team building and leadership
- Global team management
- Agile software development
- Mgmt of priorities across multiple Scrum Teams
- Networking protocols, standards, and hardware (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, etc)
- Cloud, Client, and Embedded software development
- Technical leader
- Innovation driver
- AWS & Openstack cloud architectures
- Program / Project management
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS architecture and design
- DevOps / CICD
- Software Quality and test
- Coordination across Product Mgmt, Architecture, Engineering, Test, and Deployment teams
- Continuous integration / Continuous deployment
- Personnel management including recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, etc
- Communications with customers, executives, peers and engineers
- Budgeting, estimation
- RFP response and proposal prep
Agile / SW development tools: Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA), Rally, Aha
Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Burndown, Velocity, SoS, Sprint planning, Product Owner, Scrum master
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, SQL, SQLite. Trained and experienced DBA
Networking: IP, ATM, TCP, UDP, SNMP, IP multicast
Operating Systems: Ubuntu, Redhat, Solaris, HP - UX, AIX, VMS, MS-Windows, OSX
Video/Broadband: DVB, DAVIC, MPEG, ASI, Nagra, Playready, Widevine, HLS, HSS, DASH
Telecommunications: QAM, QPSK, MMDS, Satellite
Senior Manager, Software development / Program management
- Confidential hosts this multi - tenant system in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and markets it as a service to Confidential customers.
- Managed Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Customer support specialists. Assisted Product Management on roadmap decisions.
- Organized and drove quarterly division planning sessions, daily standups, SoS, Sprint planning, Product & Program reviews
Agile tools/Methodologies: JIRA, Aha, Kanban, Scrum, SoS, Burndown, Velocity
Senior Manager of Architecture
- Drove the team to architect a cloud-based solution utilizing first OpenStack and then AWS. Devised communications & documentation plans to drive the architecture into the engineering teams.
- Coordinated activities and architectural decisions with CTO office for broader application across other programs. Defined clear short and long term goals and drove contentious issues to conclusion.
- Transitioned the global engineering, product management and architecture teams to Agile development.
- Managed and mentored geographically dispersed architects in Israel, Atlanta and San Jose and coordinated with other architects in UK, France and India.
- Drove the architecture decisions, defined and implemented communications strategies throughout the global engineering team.
- Continuously updated executive management on strategy, decisions, plans, and architecture.
Technologies: AWS, Openstack, Containers, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, microservices, CI/CD, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
Agile tools/Methodologies: Rally, Aha, Kanban, Scrum, SoS, Wiki, etcSenior Software Development Manager
- Managed various Software development programs with teams from 10 to 30+ developers and managers.
- Coordinated test plans and reviewed results with Confidential test teams.
- Assisted Confidential Sales, responding to RFPs and presenting solutions, architectures, schedules and other details to customers while gathering requirements. Programs included:
- Joint development of Confidential ’s Youview software for next generation set top boxes. Held joint design and development sessions with Confidential, British Telecom and other Youview development partners. Linux based embedded software with Adobe Flash UX. C, C++, Webkit, Adobe Flash.
Verification and Test Manager
- Managed Verification and Test team for new Confidential set top division.
- Hired all team members, designed and oversaw installation of all test labs, designed customer focused demonstration facility, met with customers on requirements, developed and mentored the team.
- Stack was Linux based embedded set top software with specialized drivers and 3rd party applications.
- Drove integration sessions with both vendors and customers.
- Architected, built and supported BellSouth’s Digital Video Headends, MMDS and Fiber-to-the-curb networks, and BellSouth’s Digital Video Laboratory.
- Evaluated, tested, and recommended equipment vendors. Evaluated installation and construction vendor proposals, selected vendors, and project managed the installations. Performed engineering support, created and conducted classes for operations.
- Designed DTH satellite uplinks and evaluated and recommended uplink integrators. Projected costs and assisted on the DTH business case. Supervised the installation and testing of the satellite uplink facilities.
Technologies: IP networking, C, Oracle, SQLPlus, shell, satellite receivers, video encoding, encryption and multiplexing, QAM and QPSK modulation, DVB, MPEG-II.