- IT Architect - Engineer (Enterprise, Solutions, Systems, SOA, Technical, Application, Integration, and other Architectural Domains) / Team Leader / Developer / Delivery expert with over 25 years of experience in a wide range of Enterprise, Financial, Healthcare, Insurance, Retail, Aerospace and Defense, Educational, and other industries.
- Extensive experience with large high performance, highly available, distributed concurrent, enterprise systems.
- Specialist in Core Java, J2EE, Full Stack, performance engineering, object oriented approaches and programming, UML, agile methodologies, legacy modernization, integration, database programming, tuning, design, infrastructure, and web enabled applications.
- Strong applied experience in software engineering, enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, development, object-oriented design and applications, application and systems architecture, process management, integration, and assessment of applications.
- As a Partner I created proposals and delivered proposals and had sales quotas to maintain. Seeking to join a stable organization to use my creativity, experience, and insight to deliver the highest quality solutions and collaborate with intelligent, insightful team members.
Very strong technical, analytic, and software enablement skills; Strong development, troubleshooting, performance, analysis, design, and consensus gathering skills; Creative, disciplined, and extremely productive; A natural mentor, highly adaptable, and possesses many soft skills; Strong team player; Excellent ability to capture and implement requirements and re-mediate issues. Strong applied knowledge of Enterprise, Application, and Web Development including full application life cycle experience. Strong evaluation and integration skills, a strong business and applications background, and entrepreneurial spirit. Possesses very strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations), as well as mentoring, leadership, and team building skills as well as broad based applied knowledge in a wide range of technologies, processes, and approaches.
- Work towards consolidating multiple legacy applications and expand capabilities utilizing the TGOF methodology.
- This effort was focused on modernizing the technology stack and bring legacy applications into current processing models.
- Implement and deliver Customer Care BPE project.
- Design and implement a major integration and modernization project for a primary Apple customer care application.
- Program in Cocoa and ObjectiveC.
- The objective was to consolidate 15 separate legacy applications by integrating with them through an API that I designed and represent them all in a single GUI with the Apple look and feel.
- Performance was very important as these applications were developed and acquired from multiple sources, many of which were Java / Linux /Mainframe based and they did not intercommunicate.
- Effort was put into profiling the applications and analyzing AWR, DB, Unix, error rates and other reports as well as network, appliance, and security performance as well as the performance of the GUI on the client.
- The API was developed using best practice and consistently monitoring system throughput, TPS, and Java behaviors.
Technical and Performance Architect
- Provide Technical, Application, System, Solution, and Performance expertise as a technical expert.
- Primary focus has been true Enterprise projects leveraging a wide range of technologies including J2EE, Oracle, .NET, mainframe, DB2, System Infrastructure and Integration, performance design, web and mobile, and implementations for Confidential 100 companies and government institutions.
- Performance assessment and remediation of a large complex distributed Teamcenter PLM system.
- Duties included analysis of application and system topology with global service providers and stakeholders.
- Move applications to appropriate hosting resources, tune the systems and application for improved performance, and make recommendations for future needs and capacity based on the company’s growth plan.
- Data Transformation and performance analysis to determine system capacity transaction processing to meet non- functional requirements for production system as well as make recommendations for the 2.0 release as defined by business requirements.
- Designed, developed, and delivered a complex, flexible Java based transformation tool to move data through several different input and output formats and apply complex rules for prescription drugs.
Integration / SOA Architect
- Architectural Lead for On-line Provider Directory system as well as integration with multiple internal and external systems.
- Provide support for 4-12 projects simultaneously.
- The primary focus of this position was to map consumers to provider services and eliminate bottlenecks, establish efficiencies, and meet non-functional performance and growth requirements.
- The effort was also designed to modernize and standardize legacy applications. Define and specify new atomic and composite services to support new functionality to follow best practices and minimize impact to existing services and infrastructure.
- Technologies included IBM WebSphere Portal Server, IBM WebSphere, DB2, IBM AIX, IBM Enterprise Service Buss in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Support 2-5 projects at a time with the Web and Mobile division.
- Responsibilities included new development as well as remediation of performance and application issues, as well as modernize aging applications to conform to current standards.
- During my tenure I identified Database issues with unsupported drivers and driver configuration, JVM issues with heap size within the WebSphere Application and Portal Servers, inefficiencies in code which caused high network traffic and inefficient Database utilization which was remediated by moving some services calls to stored procedures. for A general health overview was performed on the database and application tiers to insure appropriate versioning. Worked to conform existing applications and make them mobile compliant.
Architectural Expert, Technical and Solution Architect, Project Lead, Performance Engineer, Developer
- Duties have included successfully performing in leadership roles on significantly large and critical applications including: performing as lead architect on a 130 million dollar distributed pharmacy system, capacity planning and infrastructure design for major system modernization efforts, architectural overview and design for multiple true enterprise applications, and significant performance engineering design and remediation.
- Contributions have included high performance reusable application components as well as multi-threaded, concurrent, distributed and schedule based long running fail safe support components.
- Duties include leadership roles, customer relations, management of diverse teams including offshore resources.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Performance Architect / Engineer
- Evaluate, redesign, implement, and test and modernize legacy systems to a J2EE application and improve performance and scalability. Optimize CMP (container managed persistence) framework and redesign to spread processing load and minimize bottlenecks across the system as well as provide a high degree of concurrency.
- Databases were modernized and migrated to Oracle version 10.
- Designed and implemented a dynamic persistence framework which is extremely performant, scalable, and flexible (Rapid Fetch).
- Serve on Architectural review and design board and performance engineering team. Model and present extensive analysis regarding performance engineering status, best practices, and future development recommendations.
- Provide recommendations and guidelines, document best practices, and mentor developers in performance engineering and best practices.
- Evaluate and enhance process and establish solid testing frameworks. Platform included, BEA WebLogic 8 sp3, Oracle 9i/10g/RAC, PL/SQL, Struts, Ab Initio, etc.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hands on Technical Architect responsible for decisions regarding architectural and implementation design and practice.
- Led Architecture and Development teams to produce the highest quality enterprise software.
- Evaluated, designed and implemented frameworks based on business requirements.
- Coordinated principles and meetings with other divisions to maintain quality goals.
Software Systems Architect
- Responsible for designing software frameworks and leading implementation teams, requirements analysis and identification of artifacts, relationships and responsibilities, analyze existing structures and patterns to recommend and implement improvements, identify and improve common components, evaluate and improve performance, re-factor and publish best practice guidelines, evaluate and recommend technologies, enforce standards, and provide domain expertise and advice.
- Educate clients and colleagues.
- Designed and implemented client Threading Framework
- Designed and led implementation efforts with “Application Health” framework.
- Designed and led implementation efforts with client side reporting and security frameworks.