- Over 8+ years of progressive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes User Interaction, Business Analysis/Modeling, Design/Architecture, Development, Implementation, Integration, Documentation, Testing, and Deployment using java/J2EE technologies.
- Experience with MVC technologies.
- Exposure in Java 1.9 with existing experience in Java 1.8.
- Expert in Agile Software Development Methodology including Scrum technology. Also worked with Cloud Foundry technology.
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing B2B applications using J2EE technologies in E - commerce, Finance and Health domains.
- Extensive experience in various Java/J2EE technologies including Core Java, J2EE (EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC), Spring (IOC, MVC, AOP, DAO), Hibernate, Micro Services and Java Web Framework along with Web Services (SOAP, RESTful) and Database related technologies
- Expert in various Spring Modules (Spring MVC, DAO, AOP, Spring LDAP, Spring Batch, Spring Scheduler) along with Hibernate as the back-end ORM tool for implementation of persistence layer and mapping of POJOs.
- Exposure in cloud-based services like AWS.
- Extensive experience in building enterprise Applications and Distributed Systems using technologies such as Core Java, J2EE (Servlets, Angular JS, JSP, JSF, EJB, Hibernate, spring, Struts, JDBC, JMS) and XML.
- Extensive knowledge of MVC architecture and J2EE Design Patterns like Singleton, Session Facade and Service locator, DAO, DTO and Business Delegate in the development of web based and distributed Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using XML based SOAP web services.
- Experienced in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) using Top-down Approach and Bottom-up Approach. Developed ANT scripts and used Maven tool to build and deploy J2EE Applications.
- Proficient in using XML Suite of Technologies (XML, XSL, XSLT, XML Schema).
- Used Log4j for logging error/debug messages and managing them.
- Experience in programming, deploying, configuring and administering Application Servers like BEA Web Logic 9.0/10.0, JBoss and Web Servers like Apache Tomcat 7.0/6.0.
- Proficient in programming by using the IDE’s such as My Eclipse 8.x, Eclipse 3.5, IntelliJ, NetBeans 8.0.1.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Good understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Designed and developed reports using Jasper Reports and provided integration points for services written in Java.
- Experience of Database design in Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL query-based programming and PL/SQL procedure programming and proficient in Database programming using JDBC and SQL.
- Experience in writing database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, PL/SQL packages and Cursors for Oracle, SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Used Fortify as a threat scanning tool to find possible threats in the code.
- Used Apigee as a gateway for the different endpoints and have configured many different endpoints to be mapped to Apigee instance.
- Developed UNIT test cases using JUnit and configured them through Maven sure fire plugins to be part of continuous integration.
- Managed applications using Talend ESB and its open source version, Open Studio for ESB.
- Extensive experience with JMS Pub/Sub Environment.
- Trained development staff in PHP, MySQL
- Sound Knowledge of Bootstrap Framework for Responsive Web Applications.
- Exposure to Microservices.
- Designed and implemented the UI components using EXTJS for file storage and maps using Open layers. Implemented charting using High Charts and jQuery.
- Experienced and familiar with Java Testing Units like JUnit, Mockito, TestNG.
Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE, HTML, JSTL, CSS, SQL, PL/SQL, JSF
Java Technologies: Core Java, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, Servlets, EJB 2.0/3.0, JMS, Java Swing, JavaBeans, JUnit, Mockito, TestNG JAXP, JTA, JFS, JAXB, JAX-RS, AJAX, JSON, JPA., DHiS2
Application Frameworks: Struts 1.x/2.x, Hibernate 3.x, Spring 2.5/3.0, JSF
XML Technologies: XML, SAX, DOM, XSL, XSLT, XPath, WSDL, SOAP, Rest, UDDI
Web Services: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Axis
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2010, MySQL, SQLite
Tools: NetBeans 8.0.1, Eclipse, IntelliJ, RAD, CVS, JBuilder, JDeveloper, Ant, Maven, IBM Bluemix, BMC Remedy
Design Patterns: MVC3, Business Delegate, Business Object, Value Object, Front Controller, Database Access Object, Factory, Singleton, Session Fa ade
Version Control: SVN, TFS, MKS Integrity Client
Building Tools: Ant, Maven, Git/Bitbucket, Jira/VersionOne
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista/7,10, UNIX, LINUX, Solaris
Others: Log4j, JIRA
Confidential, Gwynn Oak, MD
Sr. Java Developer
- Provided technical support for the design, development, unit-testing and implementation and maintenance of mainframe, WEB, Rest API and COTS operating software along with modeling DB2 database configurations for supporting the operating environment of the Enterprise Print Architecture.
- Provided support for mainframe software development and maintenance, WEB services development and maintenance and MS Windows Server administration along with MS Windows Server based COTS software configuration, programming, testing, implementation, and operational support.
- Evaluated completeness of print information and produce detailed application requirements using requirements from users, programmers, application experts and systems requirements.
- Analyzed metrics and measurements captured by the OM product, to include operational metrics, such as defects and print issues.
- Analyzed custom applications that interface with PCOMM print that result in requirement and design changes.
- Performed discovery, analysis and documentation for custom built applications in production.
- Collaborated with application developers to determine potential design impacts to applications.
- Composed descriptions of software systems using program and database documentation and design specifications.
- Composed database design specifications, entity-relationship diagrams, Data Definition Language and narrative descriptions using best relational database design practices.
- Composed test plans supporting integration and performance/load testing.
- Performed code changes, reviews, unit testing, and configuration management when necessary.
- Identified issues for pre-production rollout analysis and perform software enhancements for the EPA beta production deployment.
- Supported software defects or troubleshooting tasks.
- Performed technical support activities for MS Window Server 2012 R2 environment utilizing server manager and associated tools to maintain, troubleshoot and administer a multi-server environment.
- Performed technical support activities for VMWare and Hyper-V Manager or PowerShell
- Analyzed EPA software utilities used during the EPA beta production deployment using standard Z/OS mainframe input methods such as Job Control language (JCL), Job Entry System (JES2 & 3), and Time-Sharing Option (TSO).
- Provided support for Java 7 to Java 8 migration on z/OS mainframe environment.
Confidential, Wake Forest, NC
Java Software Developer
- Analyzed the current endpoints and APIs to decide upon a chart of the APIs required for refactoring and re-use.
- Collaborate with the Product/UX team to design and develop web applications, wrote integration tests, and deploy at our ever-accelerating pace.
- Developed a dynamic React frontend with a layout with templates as per the project.
- Meeting with the BA to complete the above task.
- Worked with the Application Architect to design and refine the proposed system.
- Worked with the DBA to synchronize the Oracle 11g Database and MySQL for our project.
- Used SQL-Developer and SQL Workbench for communicating with the different databases present within the system.
- Developed self registration and account management related modules with Restful web services which can accept JSON/XML as request/response payload
- Coordinated with Sapient to create queries to fetch the data from the SOLR engine.
- Used Java 1.8 and Spring 1.5 to perform CRUD operations on the SOLR engine to create hassle free transactional models.
- Good understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best practices.
- Deployed applications in AWS.
- Worked with AWS cloud team to access the project operations.
- Created new POJOs as and when they were required.
- Created Services using Spring AOP and Spring Data with the Repository structures for the CRUD operations. Most of the operations were done using REST calls.
- Worked on developing the backend part of the application involving Spring, Hibernate and Rest Web Services
- Merged some of the existing APIs and refactored them to be re-used in the CRUD module.
- Created new resources and endpoints for the UI team to consume them.
- Introduced IO-TS modules for validation of the data and the POJO classes throughout the flow of the application.
- Used Junit to write the test cases for every services and resources for unit and integration testing purposes.
- Used Fortify to perform threat scans and refactored the threats that were detected during the scans.
- Used Swagger to create output scenarios for the endpoints created.
- Used Bitbucket and Git as a version control system.
- Used Maven and Gradle to build the different application modules.
- Worked with DevOps team to resolve many of the dependency issues faced by us.
- Provided active support to the UI and the New Development teams.
- Provided endpoints to connect to Apigee for mapping of the endpoints.
- Resolved path and dependency issues for the Adobe Experience Manager to enable content authors to provide new authorable contents.
- Worked with the entire team to provide Production and Release supports before and post-launch scenarios.
- Used JSON as response type in REST services
- Worked in a JIRA rich environment as part of the SCRUM team running bi-weekly sprints as well as running hot fixes within a day or two.
Environment: J2EE, Spring MVC, Java, AGILE, Angular JS, React JS, Restful Web Services, Hibernate, Spring Data, Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Apigee, SOLR, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, AEM, Fortify, Git, Gradle, Tomcat, JUNIT, Mockito, log4J, UML, Rational Rose, Maven, SVN, SOA, Design patterns, Eclipse IDE, AWS, Windows.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
JAVA Angular JS Developer
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC. Developed the web using JSP, SPRING MVC to show account details and summary.
- Created dynamic views using AngularJS, Bootstrap with cutting edge HTML5 and CSS3,
- Contributed code to a Single Page Application utilizing an React/Redux architecture.
- Facilitate interface between UI and backend Microservice APIs.
- AJAX techniques.
- Developed Struts framework to implement MVC architecture.
- Implemented dual security application using Java/Groovy/Grails that eradicates the hazard of compromised credentials during authentication.
- Develop the GUI using JSP, spring web flow following spring web MVC pattern.
- Developed REST Web services API's supporting both XML and JSON implementing Spring MVC
- Building RESTful APIs in front of several types of NoSQL storage engines.
- Co-ordinate with Middleware team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with WebSphere Application Server and Apache/Tomcat server on Linux.
- Build and deploy done using Gradle and Git repository.
- Developed services which involved both producing and consuming Restful web services.
- Wrote controllers with Groovy to connect front-end interfaces with java services on Grails framework.
- Analysis and code development using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Used Spring Framework for integrating Hibernate and Struts and also for dependency injection.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web based applications using Rest, Apache and WebSphere.
- Defined form validation using AngularJS.2 through HTML5.
- Involved in writing application level code to interact with APIs, Web Services using AJAX, JSON and XML.
- Developed internal application using AngularJS 1.5/AngularJS2, and Node.JS connecting to Oracle on the backend.
- Development of Web application using Struts framework based on MVC architecture.
- Designed and developed Application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- For Authentication and authorization extensively, Spring Security is used.
- Redoing the existing application using AngularJS 2.0 HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap.
- Integrated and used Hibernate Framework for database persistence logic.
- Used JSP and JSTL Tag Libraries for developing User Interface components.
- Extensively used JSP tag libraries. Implemented various design patterns - Singleton, and Factory.
- Participated in designing Web service framework in support of the product.
- Involved in fixing System testing issues and UAT issues.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in the analysis, design and the development of the Central Authentication System using Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Migrating existing code from Java 1.7 to Java 1.8 and providing back-support to the legacy code.
- Worked with and coordinated with the different administrative roles in the firm for the development scenario over Cloud Foundry and AGILE SDLCs.
- Published and consumed Web Services using SOAP, WSDL and deployed it on WebLogic server Web Server.
- Using AWS analytical tool for collecting and collating the security data based on different surveys which formed a crucial backbone to the architecture of the new system developed. The results were generated using the BMC Remedy tools and was shown using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Used SOAP based web services to develop interfaces to integrate between front end systems and back end systems in the legacy version with Spring-Boot framework.
- Involved in all the phases of (SDLC) including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications from Business Analyst. Worked in the development of the TCA models and all its entities providing them a secure method of transaction between the client end and the business model.
- Developed WSDL’s and XSD’s for creating interfaces between different systems using SOAP based web services.
- Also developed web services components using Apache Camel, SOAP, WSDL, JAXB, and JAX- WS, JAX-RS with java.
- Used Spring Framework for Authentication and Authorization and ORM components to support the Hibernate tool.
- Designed and developed Application based on Spring framework using MVC design patterns
- Responsible for writing/reviewing server-side code using Spring JDBC and DAO module of spring for executing stored procedures and SQL queries with Dependency Injection using the Jersey Model.
- Worked with Core Java for business logic.
- Used Oops based design to develop the interactive web application.
- Developed Web services for the services to get the data from external systems to process the request from client sides
- Utilized SOAP UI to generate request XMLs from WSDL to test the responses.
- Designed and developed the business logic layer and data access layer using different kinds of EJBs and Data Access Objects (DAOs).
- Used HighGraph and GraphQL with JSON for validation, documentation of FRD and TSD data required by a given application.
- Used JMS and Kafka for inter logic and model communication.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed the application using Eclipse as the IDE and used the standard features for editing, debugging, running etc.
- Built scripts using MAVEN that compiles the code, pre-compiles the JSPs, built an EAR file and deployed the application on the WebLogic application server.
- Used SVN as a documentation repository and version-controlling tool.
- Developed JUnit test cases for unit test of all developed modules.
- Created the design documents with use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose. Wrote SQL queries for Oracle Database.
- Participated in and contributed to design reviews and code reviews.
- Active deployment over the Apache Tomcat server and Apache Tomcat EE Server.
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis from the existing system. Captured requirements using Use Cases and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked as the only developer in this project who designed, developed and documented the entire code for the project.
- Understand the working of the old system (Imhotep) and create the requirement document based and analysis done and provide them to client.
- As the old system was built based on the programming language, understand the code and convert them accordingly to build the configuration.
- Designed the application architecture Spring MVC and J2EE specifications.
- Worked on Multithreaded environment to send response to user interface.
- Implemented Multithreading to achieve concurrency and more performance in user interfaces developed in swings.
- Developing an Administration Portal using HTML5, node JS, jQuery, Java Script Frameworks.
- Developed application using Spring, JSP, JSTL and AJAX on the presentation layer, the business layer is built using spring and the persistent layer uses Hibernate.
- Developed SQL Queries using Toad for SQL Server
- Created ant build files to create the EAR and WAR files.
- A test framework which is called KARMA has been implemented which is very much efficient and flexible for the Angularjs framework.
- Developed a tool to retrieve and send data to third party service provider. This feature was implemented using REST
- Used PL/SQL developer for connecting to Database and Spring JNDI for data source connection.
- Used Log4j for logging and debugging.
- Maintained Version control of the code and configuration files using SVN.
- Worked on Oracle as the backend database.
- In the Front end of the Application designed and implemented a publishing framework and reusable UI component library based on AngularJS and jQuery.
- Created and maintained data using Oracle database.
- Used JDBC for database connectivity with Oracle.
- Support testing teams and also give production support to the users once the code is migrated to production.
- Used RESTFUL Services to interact with the Client by providing the RESTFUL URL mapping
- Tested the code and migrate it from one environment to another making it available for reconciliation.
- Migrate the code to production taking the help of production support team and provide the warranty support to the clients and address all the issues raised by them.
Environment: J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, XML, Subversion, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, SVN, Putty, Agile, Tomcat 6.0, React.JS, Node.JS, Windows.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis and Design using UML and OOAD.
- Involved in development of application using struts, RAD and Oracle data base.
- Developed user interface using HTML, CSS, JSPs and AJAX.
- Designed the Application using Model View Controller Architecture.
- Developed different modules using J2EE (Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI)
- Integrated the Application with Database using Hibernate.
- Communicated between different applications using JMS.
- Used JNDI for registering and locating Java objects.
- Used AWS for data mining of the various prices of a certain product.
- Interacted with backend Oracle and wrote stored procedures, functions and cursors for deleting and inserting using PL/SQL.
- Deployed the Application in WebLogic App Server.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using JUnit framework.
- Worked on production issues.
- Interacted with the Users and Documented the Application.
Environment: Java, WebLogic App Server, Struts, JDBC, JNDI, JSP, JMS, HTML, AWS, XML/XSL/XSLT, J2EE, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle 9i, JUnit, Windows