- 6+ years of experience in development and customization of various applications utilizing Remedy Action Request Systems (5.x, 6.x and 7.x) and ITSM suite.
- Proficient in installing and configuring Remedy Action Request System ARS (6.x/7.x), and IT Service Management Suite 7.x.
- Worked extensively in developing, reviewing and testing workflow designs (using Active links, Filters, Guides, Escalations and Menus) and implementations to ensure compliance with internal group specifications.
- Experience in building new applications and customizing ITSM applications according to business requirements.
- Designing & implementing industry standard best practices and supporting tools of IT Service Management (ITSM), ITIL, Helpdesk, Change Management, Asset Management and Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Experience in integrating AR System applications and ITSM applications using Web Services and View forms.
- Daily maintenance and support, user account creation, troubleshooting and administration of the Remedy Applications and 24/7 supporting the Remedy support mail box.
- An effective communicator & a team player with strong analytical, logical, problem solving abilities. Excellent in requirements gathering, documentation and presentation skills.
Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, XP, HP-UX 11, Solaris, Red Hat Linux 4
Tools & Utilities : BMC Remedy Action Request System (5.x, 6.x, 7.1/7.5/7.6), BMC Remedy Mid-Tier (6.x, 7.x), IT Service Management Suite 6.x/7.x (ITSM), Remedy Change Management 7.x, Remedy Asset Management 7.x, BMC service Request Management 2.2/7.x, Configuration Management Database (CMDB) 7.x, BMC Data Management Tool, Remedy Migrator (6.0, 7.0), Remedy Import (6.x, 7.x), AR Utilities (6.5, 7.0), TOAD 8.0, SQL Navigator 5.5, Microsoft Visio
Programming Languages : HTML, SQL, PLSQL
Web Servers : Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache Tomcat
Relational Databases : SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, Oracle 8i/9i/10g
Confidential Nov 2011 to Present
- Gathering requirements from various groups within the organization to define new functions of Remedy. Interact with client to study and analyze requirements specifications for the system.
- Customized workflow design to support new functionality for each module. Developed and created various forms, Views, Active Links, Filters, escalations and menus (Work Flow Objects) to enhance application functionality.
- Customized Service Desk (Incident & Problem), Change Management, Task Management module and Asset Management Modules according to Client Requirements.
- Developed few Custom Applications as per the client requirements and to support ITSM customizations.
- Successfully loaded foundation data into ITSM 7 with the help of BMC Data Management Tool.
- Successfully created View forms to integrate Incident and Change Management modules with the applications built in other technologies Such as .Net and Java.
- Successfully Modified Asset forms - Added new Attributes and updated attribute properties through CMDB Class Manager.
- Created new Web Services for Incident and Change Management modules to integrate with third party applications.
- Successfully implemented Customizations to ITSM Notification engine and developed few new Notifications to Change Management and Task Management Modules.
- Successfully migrated Code/Data with the Help of BMC Remedy Migrator between Remedy Servers.
- Involved in Administration of ARS Server (Start/Stop AR System Servers), Add/Delete/Modify user/group information and Production Support.
- Creation and maintenance of document's such as Functional design documents, detailed design documents, Data flow diagrams, Data entity relationships documents for all the internal projects. Responsible for System test plan execution & user acceptance tests.
- Responsible for Remedy Production Support team to assist users. Proficient in demonstrating Remedy Tools.
Environment: BMC Remedy AR System 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite (ITSM 7. x), BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.x, BMC Remedy Change Management 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Asset Management 7.x, BMC Remedy Mid-Tier 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Email Engine 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Migrator 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Data management Tool, BMC Remedy Import 6.x/7.x, Apache/Tomcat 5.5.x., Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005
Confidential, IN Aug 2010 to Oct 2011
- Development and implementation of Help Desk, Change Management according to business requirements.
- Assisted Team leads and Project managers in managing SDLC which includes Requirements gathering and Project Planning, Generate Design, Functional Specs, and Test scripts. Assisted in Testing and debugging (also created user friendly custom developed Test and Bug Tracking system).
- Involved in support processes including the ability to submit, monitor, and manage help desk cases, change requests, and asset inventory records.
- Extensively involved in creating Remedy Forms, Active Links, Active Link Guides, Filters, Filter Guides and Escalations for workflow. Used Master AR Suite software 6.0 for analyzing the Remedy workflow and documentation purposes. Worked extensively on Server log files to analyze problem root cause.
- Developed consuming and publishing web services using WSDL, SOAP, XML to establish communication between remedy and an external system for automating status update of Helpdesk tickets.
- Managed resources to minimize the impact of change on the business by customizing Change management module.
- Design, Development and Implementation of a custom change Approval process.
- Developed Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Coordinated with the Project managing teams to set the milestones and suggest the Workload/Resource requirements along with the documentation needs.
- Provided technical input and assistance with troubleshooting applications.
Environment: BMC Remedy AR System 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Action Request System 6.x/7.x, BMC IT Service Management Suite 6.x/7.x, BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.x, BMC Remedy Change Management 7.x, BMC Remedy Asset Management 7.x, Crystal Reports XI, Windows Server 2003, UNIX, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000, IIS server 6.0, MARS 6.0.
Confidential, MN Jan 2009 - July 2010
Worked on enhancing and modifying the existing helpdesk application by modifying the workflow. Worked as Remedy developer on various projects in various technologies to support client applications. Extensively worked on development workshop in designing forms, application modules and its functionality
- Worked with the end clients in gathering the Business requirements.
- Involved in Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the Application.
- Installed and Configured Remedy Action Request System6.x
- Supported and enhanced the existing Remedy Application.
- Developing various applications as per client requirements and deploying them using Remedy Mid-Tier.
- Successfully customized Help Desk module as per client requirements.
- Created and maintained documentations such as Functional design documents, detailed design documents, data flow diagrams, data entity relationships documents for all the internal projects.
- Involved in creating Remedy Forms, Active Links, AL Guides, Filters, Filter Guides, and Escalations for work flow.
- Involved in migration of definitions and data using Remedy Migrator 6.x, import, export tools, from development to acceptance and production system.
Environment: Remedy ARS 7.x, Remedy Helpdesk 6.x/7x, Remedy Change Management 6.x/7x, CMDB 7.x, Remedy Asset Management 6.x/7x Remedy Migrator 6.x/7.x, Remedy Import, Windows 2000/XP, MS SQL Server 2000, CSS, IIS 6.0, Crystal Reports 9.0.
Confidential, CA Jun 2007-Nov 2008
Description: Remedy development of a customized Helpdesk application. Responsible for all the upgrades with new development phases of existing helpdesk, Asset Management, and Change Management applications. Oracle served as backend database for supporting Remedy data.
- Assisted business units in the development of systems requirements and functional specifications.
- Assisted in the documentation and training needs of the Remedy user community.
- Configured Approval Engine on single or multiple approvals and E-Mail engine for outgoing and incoming mails.
- Created users/Groups and set up permissions for them.
- Extensive interaction with users. Implemented Remedy Management console and user tools on all user machines.
- Extensively involved in creating Remedy Forms, Active Links, Active Link Guides, Filters, Filter Guides and Escalations for work flow.
- Extensively used Master ARSuite 6.0 (MARS) for performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Implemented updates to the Remedy custom application in coordination with a Remedy developer; performed all Remedy development approved by management as it pertains to system and user needs.
- Installed Remedy Action Request System Server 5.x. 6.x on NT and SQL 2000.
- Involved in the development of web interface using Remedy Mid-Tier.
- Involved in upgrading Remedy Action Request System from 5.1.2 to 6.1.0 to 6.3.0
- Migration of definitions and data using Remedy Migrator 5.0.
- Worked extensively on all the features of Remedy ARSystem, Remedy Report Tool, and Remedy Import Tool.
- Worked on customizing screens/forms for Helpdesk management application.
Environment: Remedy Action Request System 6.x/7.x, Windows XP/2000, Oracle 8i/9i, Seagate Crystal Reports 9, Remedy Migrator 7.0, Remedy Import.
Confidential Jun 2006-May 2007
Description: Worked as a Java Developer on various projects in various technologies to support client applications. Extensively worked on development workshop in designing forms, application modules and its functionality.