SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION:
- Experienced Quality Assurance Analyst with over four years in IT field, specializing in Quality Assurance, Manual testing, TestAutomation, Mobile testingand process management throughout key phases of SDLC.
- Extensive expertise includes industries such as, Retail-Supply Chain Management (B2B/B2C Point of Sale) for Pharmaceuticals vertical and Wireless domain.
- Professional background includes Software Testing/QAdevelopment in various capacities on Linux/Windows platforms in Web Based, Client/Server, Java/J2EE applications in different environments and multiple Browsers using automation tool asSelenium suite of products,SeleniumIDE, Junit,SeleniumRC (Java testNG).
- Expertise in testing GSM/GPRS/3G/CDMA WAPmobile applications and games on various platforms e.g. J2ME, BREW, SYMBIAN, IPHONE handsets (e.g. Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, Smartphones, iPhone, LG).
- Quality assurance background includes generation of multifunctional test conditions, scripting and execution of manual as well as automated test procedures both data and functionality driven.
- Successfully performed testing in Client/Server andWebenvironments throughout informal and formal stages of the projects.
- Strong, practical understanding of relational databases and data validation and verification technique.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of an integrated team as well as independently.
- Recognized as a STAR PERFORMER.
Windows XP/2000/NT/Linux, Ubuntu, Mac
HTML, XML, SQL Server, C, C++, Java, JUnit , Postgres SQL
Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer
Automation testing tools:
Selenium IDE, RC, Eclipse.
Project Name: Confidential,
Duration: April-09 to April-2011
Description: Confidential,is a Saas based fully integrated solution designed for Retailer and Stockiest thataddresses all complex and dynamic needs of Pharma Retail business & Distribution business. It is supported by timely data and product updates with continuously evaluating and improving features based on changing needs. Iscale provides a seamless & integrated central CH services offering and database storage – secured & reliable data/softwareservices with supply chain integration possibilities. Powerful, intuitive & fast search facilitation. Client Provisioning, sales-purchase management, customer relationship management, MIS reporting, Plan and Billing elements are the key features of the application.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing my analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application as well as issues uncovered during informal and formal testing processes.
- Identified areas of potential impact as well as associated risks in order to maximize the quality of final products and initiatives.
- Responsible for planning process evaluation, design, development and maintenance of test scripts using a framework for new applications and enhancements, existing applications throughout SDLC.
- Actively ensuring that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfilling end-user requirements, and working closely with members of project team on identification and resolution of systems issues and uncovered defects.
- Hold a leading role in creation and execution of test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system coverage according to technical specifications.
- Work in conjunction with manual testing team onautomationof existing manual test cases and development of cutting-edgeautomationfor product enhancements
- Conduct informal and formal, manual and automated, data and functionality driven integration, regression, UI & UA testing as well as identify defects in products and documentation.
- Perform communication and produce reports for testing efforts, results, activities, data, status and tracking.
- Creation and execution of SQL queries to validate the database and test its integration with the front end.
- Participate project related meetings and provide information required for the meetings as far as the QA and testing status is concerned.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholder
- Creation and execution selenium automation scripts in Java- JUnit,Eclipse,SVN.in creation of automation framework usingSelenium.
- Review of Change Request (CR) and requirement documents and any other project related documents.
- Involved in setting up the build environment, build installation on both windows and Linux operating system and testing the client server syncing using symmetric DS tool.
- Kept track of the customer bugs, deciding their priority and then assigned them to the different developers.
- Performed Smoke testing the application Pre & Post deployment of the application on QA and Production servers.
Project Name: NeuStar Messenger
Duration: May-2007 to Apr-2009
Platform:J2ME (LG, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola Handsets)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze Functional Requirement and Business Requirement Documents to get a better understanding of the system on both functional and business perspectives
- Involved in regular project review meetings & Testing Status Meetings and sending Test Report to Project Manager and Project Team.
- Involved in Gap Analysis Testing, Sanity/Smoke testing, Integration testing, Porting testing, Localization Testing (Repository Testing), Branding testing, Regression testing and Pre-Certification testing
- Analyze the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers, Business Analyst.
- Post and close Bugs for each phase into Defect tracking system and participated in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically with client.
- Generated detailed test status reports.
- System testing and Sanity testing for the daily builds and the point builds for almost all models of phones and regression testing and Random testing on phone, resulting in finding out the major bugs that crashed the phones.
- Involved in writing, reviewing and updating test plan and test cases Test Cases as per requirementfordifferent releases.
- Testing of the features like chat conversations, Send Receive Picture messages, MMS, sending sms from the chat, calling from the conversation and all the other functionalities which a PC version of the respective messenger have like Blocking/Unblocking a contact, Adding, deleting a contact, Display of the groups, camera functionality on the mobile devices etc.
- Performed Pre-certification testing for NSTL,Wipro and Performed compatibility testing on Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LGmobilehandsets to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Involved in the user acceptance testing to make sure that the application should work according to the client requirements and played an active participant role in testing of the sync related applications to identify more defects.
- Involved in the creation of checklistforthe various phases.
Duration: Jan-09 to Feb09
Description: This is m-learning concept based game that is designed as a complete pre-school preparation course for kids, to help them learn Alphabets by their Mobile. It’s an attractive combination of voice effect, animation & graphic that will persuade kids to be entertained as well as learn the alphabets through this application. This application consists of three parts Read, Write and Quiz.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Test pre-release mobile gamesto verify functionality, data content, performance, usability, playability and compatibility
- Describe game discrepancies in an orderly and concise method
- Understand requirements, write test cases and execute various test scenarios.
- Involved in various phases of testing and some of them are Regression Testing, performance testing,retesting, adhoc testing.
- Logging defects found during testing and tracking them for fixing, reproducing and verifying bugsand regression testing for possible breakdown of some functionality of the game.
- Planning and executing focus tests for various scenarios like memory full conditions, power consumption, performance test, content check, icon check, stability test etc.
- Suggesting the priority for fixing a defect based on the criticality of the bug.
- Finished tasks in timely manner, teamwork, multiple tasks, detail oriented and organized.
- Managed test processes and quality, assigned tasks and provided QA knowledge transfer.
- Analyze requirementsand performed compatibility testing on Motorola,Nokia,Samsung,LG, Sony Ericssonmobilehandsets to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Involved in the user acceptance testing to make sure that the application should work according to the client requirements.
- Prepared test cases based on the requirement
Duration: Sep-09 to Feb09
Description: Confidential, is mobile software. Once installed on a device (we call target device), it lets you retrieve various details of the target device including the device information, call log information, contact book information, device network location information including Network Registration Status, Operator Name Country code etc. or the SMS details.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Creating detailed test cases/scenarios, executing and completing test plans
• Constructing test sets based on the functional requirements
• Involved in testing a mobile application right from designing test cases unto production.
• Execute tests, evaluate results and report problems in a timely manner, and assist in problem resolution
• Automating test cases for future regression testing
• Creating and Maintaining test scripts for performance testing
• Adhering to the quality procedures in place
• Configuring the test environment required to test the functional areas
Duration: Sep-09 to Feb09
Description: The Advanced Call Manager provides the user with facility of Filtering and scheduling of Communication Events. The Filter helps the user to ignore unwanted Calls, SMS, MMS and Emails without any user intervention. The Scheduler enables a user to schedule SMSs and Calls to be done by his mobile at a predefined time
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Involved in in-depth analysis on requirements and coordinating with the development team to fix the issues which were reported in the Integration testing.
• Involved in ensuring the workflow functionalities are implemented as per the requirements.
• Involved in preparation of Test Cases from Use Cases.
• Involved in Test Case Reviews and updation.
• Involved in Test case execution.
• Involved in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing.
• Involved in defect tracking and reporting using Pivot.
• Preparation of defect report and test summary report
• Bug reporting directly to the client as this is majorly a testing project
• Coordination with the project manager.