Experienced Java Developer with 7+ years of IT expertise in design, development, testing, implementation and support of Enterprise applications using J2EE technologies. Worked extensively in J2EE(JSP, Servlets, Struts), Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Swing, Tomcat, WebSphere, JDBC, XML, SpringMVC, Spring WebFlow, Hibernate and well versed with Oracle/DB2 database, OSConcepts.
- 7+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of Web - based applications.
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming using Core Java, Multi-threading, Synchronization, Serialization, Collections and DataStructures.
- Well versed in using MVC (Model View Controller) architecture for developing applications using JSP, Servlets, JSTL and Java Beans.
- Excellent handle in Java based frameworks like Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
- Worked on different Web Applications Servers like Web Sphere, BEA WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Experienced in different IDEs like Eclipse, iRAD, and NetBeans.
- Experience in dynamic web applications design using open source Spring and Struts MVC Frameworks.
- Good understanding of Design patterns including DAO design pattern.
- Strong experience of developing data models using Hibernate ORM tools, POJOs and configuring Hibernate persistence layer.
- Experience in implementing Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) using Axis framework.
- Proficient in using RDBMS concepts with Oracle 9i/10g, DB2 and MySQL.
- Good client communication and interpersonal skills – involves understanding client requirements and bridging effective communication between team.
Java/J2EE Technologies - Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, JDBC, JNDI, JPA, FreeMarker
MVC Frameworks - Struts2, Spring 3.x, Spring WebFlow, JMS, Hibernate, JUnit
Web Technologies - XML, XSL, XSLT, HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery,AJAX.
Application Servers - IBM WebSphere 6.x, WebLogic 9.x, Jboss, Apache Tomcat 7.x
Programming Languages - Java, J2EE, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, SAS Advanced.
Databases - Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL.
IDE - Eclipse, iRAD, NetBeans.
Operating Systems - Windows, Unix, Linux
Others - Rational Clearcase, CVS, DB Visualizer, MQSeries, ANT, Log4J, Javadoc
- MS (Computer Science)
Confidential, GA Feb 2009 – PresentJava/J2EE Developer
Involved in design and development of an intranet based Financial Application used by the bank personnel in banking centers to facilitate the day to day financial transactions within the bank. The application primarily originates DDA products, Small Business Loans, Auto Loans. This application also supports Account Opens, Maintenance of Accounts, Fee refunds, Funds Transfer which is used by multiple end Clients.
- Designed Struts Components like Formbeans, Action Classes, JavaBeans.
- Implemented several JSP pages for displaying account information, Loan applications, Loan fulfillments etc.
- Developed SPRING framework using IOC, Factory Pattern, JMS and applied Spring MVC and Spring WebFlow.
- Database persistence and handlingusing Hibernate framework.
- Designed and developed XML services utilized for multiple end Clients.
- Utilized XSLT transformations for XML files, and created java code documents using Javadoc.
- Implemented several agents as Servlets that run regularly to load the data into DB2 database from external systems.
- Worked on Oracle, DB2 Database for maintaining test environment.
- Implemented JUnit automation for testing Java classes’ functionality.
- Utilized Rational Clearcase for version control of the application. This involved creating development streams and defect streams.
Confidential, IL May 2005 - Feb 2009
SFAC: Developed application to maintained Agents’ credentials, degree and certification for regulating and updating the agents’ reports in conformity with State Insurance Regulatory Authorities Webpage.
SAMS: Implemented the legacy system conversion (a pilot project) from IMS to DB2 by building new Java frontend and business rules using Servlets, JSP, HTML, XML, hibernate and JDBC.
- Successfully created the Java frontend validations, configured the Spring MVC.
- Acted as a bridge between business users and development teams to come up with plans and procedures for Testing and Rollout.
- Modifying the existing ANT build script and created Java Documentation.
- Database persistenceusing Hibernate framework.
- Implemented Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) using Axis2 framework
- Hands on experience in server side programming with java using JDBC, DAO, Servlets and JSP.
SAMS State roll outs: Expanded and implemented the Legacy system conversions state wise in phases.
Confidential Dec 2004 – Apr 2005
BCBS: Worked on SAS and Java application integration & upgrade, specifically, to transform SAS tools to Java web applications.
- Developed user interfaces using JSP, Servlets, HTML and CSS. This helped in better user database interaction and easy reporting of the data driven applications.
- Migrated a poorly performing and outdated application to the one based on Servlets, JSP and Hibernate.
- Used Hibernate as ORM tool to store the persistence data into the Oracle9i database and JDBC for database-independent connectivity.
- Applied J2EE Design patterns like MVC, Singleton and DAO to application design.
- Developed SAS codes for the healthcare data analysis & reporting. Created documentation for the healthcare policies dispensation.
Confidential Jan 02 to Nov 2004
Programmer Analyst/ Java Developer
SAS Applications: The application supports database management, statistical data analysis and reporting. It involves data integrity checks, data cleaning, various data mappings with different types of dictionaries and FDA specific variable mappings, and report designing for ad hoc reporting for the investigators as well as final reports for FDA submissions. Successfully designed and implemented statistical analysis and reporting processes for clinical trials phases I, II and III data.
- Implemented Hibernate as ORM tool to store the persistence data into Oracle database and SAS/SQL for creating patient profiles for the investigators.
- Used JDBC for database-independent connectivity between the Java programs and database, especially for ad hoc reporting.
- Led Data Integration and Mapping for the FDA’s SDTM and CDISC standards for better data insights by the investigators and reviewers for the drug approval process.
- Developed and managed SAS Macros that eliminate redundant coding. Implemented SAS/Stat software for Statistical Analysis, SAS procedures and reports for the final submission of drug trials.