Information Technology Professional with demonstrated success in the design, deployment of large-scale hardware and software applications for the public and private sector. 15 years of experience in software system design development and systems administration. Able to determine business needs, envision solutions, and prioritize strategic initiatives to meet deliverables and deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Services Oriented Architecture.
- Enterprise Applications Integration.
- Enterprise Strategic Planning.
- Distributed Web Applications Development.
- Middleware Systems Installation and Administration.
- Databases (Data WareHouse \\ Online Transactional Processing) Design Development and Administration.
- JAVA/JEE Applications Design and Development
- BPMN 2.0 and BPEL Business Process modeling and development
- Mobile Device Development (Apple iOS and Android).
- Ensures client service and satisfaction is afforded highest attention and priority.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills — including solid presentation abilities.
- Utilizes strong and organized management and prioritization skills, and performs well under pressure, in a fast paced, rapidly-changing and highly competitive business environment.
- Results driven, focused, detail oriented individual with exemplary work ethic with a can-do spirit.
- Effective analytical, and proactive approach to identifying and solving complex problems and issues. Adaptability to new approaches, tools and languages in the ever changing IT industry.
- BS in Computer Science and Numerical Analysis.
- Part-time Graduate student – ALM-IT (Concentration in Information Management Systems)
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for JAVA J2EE, since 2002 (Architecture, Design and Development)
- IBM Certified Integration Developer - Business Process Manager V 7.5 Advanced: (Process Designer, Integration Designer -WID, Process Server-WPS, Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus –WESB).
- IBM Certified BPM Developer - WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2
- IBM WebSphere Server Network Deployment Installation and Administration.
- IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance XI50.
- IBM MQ-Series and Message broker installation and administration and development.
- IBM Tivoli Identity Management Server stack. (Directory etc)
- Oracle BPM formerly: BEA AquaLogic ALBPM (BPM) Development.
- BEA AquaLogic Enterprise Service bus (ESB) installation & administration.
- BEA WebLogic Integration Server development and administration.
- BEA WebLogic Server 6.0 – 11.x Deployment and Server Administration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g \\ Oracle BPM Suite - Business Process Management Software development.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware - Composite SOA applications development for the Oracle ADF environment
- Microsoft Visual Studio .Net (C# and VB.Net). Prior Versions 6 (Visual InterDev and ASP\\VB 6)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS, Basic Unix and Linux Systems Administration
- Oracle Database Server 7.3-11g Administration. And development (PLSQL)
- Microsoft SQL Server \\ Sybase System 10\\11 (T-SQL development) and Administration.
- Good knowledge of network technology, security and components such as routers, switches, servers and registries.
- Web & Enterprise content management. EMC Documentum 5.X, JOOMLA 1.7, Wordpress. And associated workflow.
Confidential,Washington DC, June 2008 to present.
Sr. Software Architect \\ Developer \\ O & M MIDDLEWARE ENGINEER.
- The current tasks involve architecture design and develop of ICE applications. Currently working on the Visa Security Program (VSP) and Law Enforcement Centralized Access Development (LECAD). VSP is a business process management application used for (vetting and screening) of US Entry Visa application cases at embassies and consulates (posts) around the world. The application connects to other systems at various agencies to gather vetting data. This data is used in the decision-making workflow and a recommendation is made on each case to department of state to issue or refuse the Visa. The findings of each investigation are also returned with the recommendation.
- IBM WebSphere software stack specialist – help with configuration ranging from WAS network deployment cluster installation, Process Server, Integration, (BPM, WID), systems administration and deployment\\apps troubleshooting.
- Implement the Business Process (BPDs and Coaches) and create Integrations in WPS and expose them to Lombardi as Advanced Integration Services (AIS). Create DataPower Web service proxies for Java applications and integrate to MQ and WPS. Configure Web Service WS-* security for existing web services to be used with the external integrations.
- Assist the project chief architect with systems architecture and design. Assist and mentor the development team on development tasks especially those involving working with the Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) layer.
- Configure IBM MQ Series to communicate with WebSphere Appserver and set up inter-agency security via IBM DataPower network appliance firewall proxy configuration and security policies.
- Implement SPENGO\\TAI single sign on for VSP. Specify the configuration necessary to use windows client SPENGO authentication to MS Active Directory Server with WebSphere App Server running on Red Hut Linux 5.X (Samba installed to enable the WAS Linux server to act as a client to the primary windows domain controller)
- Current Environment is the full stack of IBM WebSphere products backed by Oracle Databases and Java JEE.
- Develop major portions of the application using Java EE, Assist on LECAD to develop a visual linking tool (VLT) utilizing Adobe Flash Builder 4.5. The VLT Queries back-end web services for data on a subject, and then finds relationships in the data that it then displays on the main canvas using a hub and spoke model showing incidents, locations, persons etc and their relationship to the subject at the hub of the wheel. The tool is used to find non-obvious relationships in datasets housed in multiple law enforcement source repositories. Prior unique experience on a similar initiative was brought to bear on this effort and led to my role on LECAD project.
Confidential,NY, October 2007 to APRIL 2008.
Sr. Software Lead Engineer on the Operations Support Group.
- The task involved design and development of the NYSE Rules Tracker application based on Java/ J2EE, Spring framework, Spring web MVC, Hibernate 3, XML Web services and Adobe Flex 3 Rich Internet Client. The application is based on IBM WebSphere 6.1 application server, Sybase Database v12.5 and tracks NYSE regulatory rules development and submission to the SEC workflow. It also managed the associated approval process.
Confidential,Greenbelt, MD, May 2006 to September 2007.
Sr. Architect and Software Engineer on the ERA NARA project
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). ERA is a CMMI level 5 project. System will capture and preserve the electronic records of the federal government, regardless of format, ensure hardware and software independence, and provide access to the American public and Federal officials for the life of the Republic.
- As a senior member of the Architecture team, my responsibilities include the Systems Software Set Up and Applications Architecture and Design. Technologies based around Oracle Database 10g clusters, BEA WebLogic Platform 9.X, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Web Services, XML based (A)synchronous Messaging on JMS server, Business Process Orchestration BPEL Workflows, loosely coupled Portal and Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) based on XML Web services. Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Enterprise Content Management utilizing EMC Documentum content management stack 5.3
- Architecture and Prototyping tools include Tomcat, WebLogic eclipse plugins for Hibernate, Struts, WebLogic page flows framework and the Spring Framework, Borland Star Team and Architect toolset. Application deployment environment consists of Linux and Unix systems.
- Implemented Core Java based services such as integrity seal on documents, package decomposition and manifest verification service, security classification scanning service, etc.
Confidential,Reston, VA, July 2005 to may 2006.
Product Release Manager and Sr. LInX Software Engineer
- The Law Enforcement Information Exchange (LInX). Provides a way for inter-agency data and knowledge sharing and can lead to easier identification and resolution of criminal or potential terrorist activity.
- Mainly responsible for vendor relationship and release schedule and production builds of LInX system, and Index database administration (patching, upgrades, and backup / restore).
- Technologies used include Oracle 9i, BEA WebLogic platform 8.1, Java J2EE, EJB, Artificial Intelligence based on Ontology to conceptualize and describe relationships that exist in the vast law-enforcement sourced databases. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) to visualize relationships inherent in the data, and discover hidden links and associations between people, places and incidents. XML based web services using SOAP, WSDL, XACML, and SAML standards to integrate data from other agencies such as FBI’s R-DEX data.
- Responsible for leading the building and testing the Free Text Search ontology based database.
- Responsible for design and implementation of enhancements and changes to the Java JSP, and EJB based free text search subsystems within LInX.
Confidential,Falls Church, VA, November 2003 to July 2005.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Global Directory Services (GDS). Responsible for Systems Integration and the design and development of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), web services and LDAP related GDS applications. Also responsible of development of Standard Operating Procedures, Installation instructions and general support for the applications.
- Interface with customer to define and collect requirements for new software systems or enhancements to existing systems. Works with LDAP directory servers and web application servers. Worked with the DoD Net-Centric Initiative, on Oracle 10g, XML based web services using SOAP, WSDL, XACML, SAML standards. Worked with primarily Java J2EE technologies, deployed on Unix.
Confidential,Washington DC, May 2002 to March 2003.
SR. developer and Project Manager.
- Designed and developed custom SQL scripts to be used to clean up the data in the IMIS CRM packages’ backend schema. Developed custom scripts to do bulk data loads into the IMIS database. Database Administration duties included Design and Implementation of a backup and restore plan and Performance tuning the Enterprise production Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database instance.
- Developed a new rules engine and billing and invoicing application for ACLI that replaced an existing application. Was responsible for writing a scalable, maintainable system that could be easily modified to meet new regulations enacted in congress. The system was estimated to have saved ACLI hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Designed and implemented an XML based system for data interchange within the Life Insurance Industry. Worked in conjunction with StateNet Corporation to define a standard XML Schema (XSD) to be used by the ACLI industry group of 450 companies nationwide. Developed an application to validate and load XML data feeds into any schema based on an xml-mapping file. The application was based on C# and ASP .NET technology with easily substitutable modules and a vendor agnostic plug in for any xml parser the user chooses.
Confidential,Washington, Nov 2000 to Jan 2002.
Sr. Web Applications Developer and Team Lead.
- Architected and led development of the FPARS application. FPARS tracts forestry activity provides workflow for the forestry permit application processes and allows Inspectors to review and manage Commercial forestry practices and track tract ownership and leases. Further, the application integrates to the states financial system to automatically feed it tax relevant data. A notification module notifies the pertinent government officials via e-mail based on configurable event triggers. A notification history-viewing module allows users to review previous notifications and retrieve any past notices of interest. FPARS also includes a full search capability on 17 different input criteria.
- Integrated the FPARS java, J2EE based system with Oracle Geographical Information System (GIS) map info system as well as OTG document management software that includes full image scanning, annotations, digitizing for electronic storage. These images and maps are later retrieved and viewed directly via the FPARS system.
- Oracle JDeveloper 3.2 was used to build Oracle business components (BC4J) against Oracle 9i Database.
- Was responsible for Mentoring and training DNR Staff on Java JSP, and EJB development, WebLogic and Oracle App server development and administration.
Confidential,Manhattan, NY, Jan 2000 to Oct 2000.
Sr. Web Applications DEVELOPER.
- Led Team of 5 developers that developed ‘Broker Console’ corporate portal. Wrote Oracle 8i PL/SQL stored procedures, EJB middle Tier components deployed on BEA WebLogic Server. JSP, HTML, Java and Java Script were used to develop the presentation tier. This portal was designed to be the broker’s main workspace, integrating research and customer service into a single interface. The system was also tied in to the Vantive and Siebel CRM packages used by various groups within the corporation.
Confidential,Manhattan, NY, June 1998 to December 1999.
Financial Database Applications developer.
- As an employee of Sapphire, I worked at clients including Bankers Trust (Duetsche Bank) as part of an EDS (Electronic Data Systems, Plano, TX) Team that did Y2K certification of critical brokerage applications. I also worked as a development DBA on the EDS Vendor2000 website, and later helped to performance tune the site.
- Worked at SG Cowen, NY in their back office operations (CAGE department), on development Team to design and develop the Sybase SQL Server based Operational Data store that supports the reporting function of the back-office systems (Trade settlements). Did extensive analysis and user interviews to identify functional needs. Extracted data from the Oracle corporate data warehouse and loaded the data into the data store. I also worked on a ASP and COM based reports distribution component on the same project. Developed Adhoc analytical reports for use in the cage department to track errors in trades.
- Project leader responsible for the design and implementation of an interactive data base system containing a screen-oriented Data Dictionary and retrieval system. This system supports Structured Analysis by providing an automated directory to all information associated with a set of data flow diagrams along with a full data element dictionary.
Confidential,Manhattan, NY, October 1996 to May 1998.
Systems Administrator and Applications Developer.
- As an employee of Hunter green, I worked on projects at clients including MasterCard International and Merrill Lynch on projects ranging from Human Resources Applications database, to a Fixed Income trades system. My duties included database design and development, Client Server development, report writing, and web development.
Confidential,Wayne, NJ, JUNE 1996 to September 1996.
Applications and Data Management Specialist.
- Participated in Design and implementation of a corporate Data Resource Guide, for use with a data warehouse implemented in an MS Visual Basic front end to an Oracle7/Express 6.0 OLAP multidimensional Database back end.