- Team oriented, honest, responsible, eager to grow IT professional with a 5 - year experience in server-side (back-end) J2EE application development. Interested in establishing a win-win working relationships that provides me the opportunity keep developing new technical and non-technical skills while serving and helping organizations to achieve their goals.
Programming Frameworks: J2EE related Servlets/JSP, JAX-WS/SOAP Web Services (Medium), Spring Core, Spring MVC (Basic), Struts 2, Hibernate/JPA (Medium), Log4j (Basic), EJB-MDB 3 (Basic), JMS (Basic).
Software Development ToolsL: Oracle Jdeveloper, Oracle Workshop, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Netbeans, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, Oracle PL/SQL-Developer, SQL Manager for PostgreSQL, MySQL-Front, DBDesigner (Basic), Apache Maven (Basic), Microsoft FrontPage, Tortoise SVN, Git/GitHub (Basic).
Other Software Development Skills: Technical documents and UML, RUP (Basic), Agile/Kanban, SOA (Basic), E-R modeling.
Technical Support & Utilities: PC Hardware, MS Windows 2000/XP/7, Norton Ghost, MemTest, TestDisk (Data Recovery), Partition Magic, Windows Server 2003 Active Directory/DHCP/DNS (Basic), Cisco VPN Client
Office/Desktop Applications: MS Office 2003/2007/2010 , MS Visio, StarUML, ABBY FineReader, Logmein, TeamViewer.
Semi-Senior Java Developer
- J2EE application back-end development. Providing solutions in a near-shore agile environment for a U.S client in the business transformation and best practices consultancy industry.
Technical environment: Java, Google Guice, REST, JSP, HTML, Handlebars.java, PostgreSQL database, Intellij IDEA, GitHub, Jira. Agile/Kanban.
- J2EE application support for the Acsel-e Insurance Framework running at different clients in Latin America.
- As a support team member, achievements were team oriented in a daily basis, resulting in the effective delivery of solutions for all the software issues on time with quality. Thus, achieving client retention and also revenue for the company.
Systems Analyst III
- Web service and J2EE application development in a SOA environment, and technical documentation of modules developed for telecom industry clients. Mentoring entry level analysts.
- My participation in the implementation of the Post-sale process support for the self-service web/mobile application, allowed postpaid consumers manage their mobile plans/services and perform other account operations. In another project, the client finally migrated its prepaid and postpaid billing platforms to a single billing system, my participation in the web service layer development helped to integrate existing applications with the new platform, reducing the impact of this migration process in the end user applications.
Technical environment: UML, Java, JAX-WS, SOAP Web Services, Spring, MDB, JMS, JSP, HTML, Struts 2, JQuery, Oracle Workshop, TeamViewer, SVN, and Oracle Weblogic.
- Assistance in the S1 Postillion transactional switch configuration and documentation of its implementations at financial industry clients.
- My participation in a pilot implementation of S1 Postilion at a local bank, helped this institution to process its own POS and ATM transactions instead of being processed by a third party institution. Resulting in a long term maintenance contract, and revenue for the company.
Technical environment: S1 Postilion, MS-SQL Server, Windows 2003 Server.
- Development of J2EE application modules in compliance to the organization’s development architecture, following documented technical specifications. Basic support in AS/400 program maintenance.
- In order to support the new “Prepaid Card” product for financial institutions, a new self-service web portal was developed for consumers. My participation in the development of the security module, allowed consumers to change their password, recover user/password, and manage other general security information.
Technical environment: UML, Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, JSP, JQuery, Servlets, Eclipse, Maven, SVN, JBoss, Tomcat.
- Web service development in compliance with the client’s SOA based development architecture for telecom industry clients.
- After my internship duties developing minor software requirements and enhancements, I was promoted to Developer I before I got my bachelor’s degree. During this position I participated in a major project for a telecom industry client to migrate its postpaid billing system (Xpert to Kenan). My participation included Use Case documentation and web service layer development in a SOA environment.
Technical environment: UML, Java, JAX-WS, SOAP Web Services, Spring, Maven, JSP, Oracle Jdeveloper, Tortoise SVN, and Oracle OC4J.
- Technical support to internal Desktop users (Windows 2000/XP), preventive and corrective desktop PC maintenance. Support network administrator in basic Active Directory setup and administration tasks.
- Linux system administration training for LPI certification.