- Software Engineer with 8+ years of hands - on engineering and programming experience.
- Ability to quickly become productive in new environments with new tools and programming languages.
- Strong technical skills with a history of applying them to software design, programming, debugging large software implementations and performing system and functional testing.
- Proven track record from IBM and Confidential with top performer ratings on several projects.
- Experience with Environmental issues such as contaminated ground water and its effect on aquifer systems.
- UNIX (z/OS UNIX System Services)
- Linux z/OS Eclipse
- Rational Application Developer
- Rational Software Architect
- Rational Function Tester
- MySQL Workbench
- PostgreSQL Maestro and Git.
- Worked in the SDE department developing core function for Confidential ’s XClarity resource management software.
- This work centered on developing thread safe code, Java Servlets, business logic and designing a new relational database implementation.
- Continued work in the SDE department enhancing a Java EE, Websphere Application Server, and DB2 application.
- This work focused on transitioning these tools to Confidential .
- This transition included converting a single threaded firmware publishing tool to a multithreaded application using the Java Callable Interface.
- It also included migrating our DB2 database and schema to Confidential new lab and credential system.
- Worked in the SDE department continuing the development of an existing Java EE, Websphere Application Server, and DB2 implementation with a focus on fixing application and database stability and developing tools for better firmware management and team synchronization.
- Worked in the SDE department designing the interface between CIM and a high priority IBM product intended to capitalize on the low end server market.
- Created internal Python applications for SDET department supporting the security, functionality and stability of IBM’s x86 Enterprise Flex System with a focus on CIM and the CMM.
- Designed and programmed an FFDC scanning tool in Python that would inject possible security leak situations on a chassis, gather FFDC and then scan for the secure information.
- This tool identified security risks before the firmware stack was released to customers.
- Assisted in design considerations for IBM’s implementation of CIM.
- Created a tool written in Python to mine information from the CMM.
- This tool was written to persist information in JSON facilitating use by Python, Java and other language environments.
- Currently being used by several teams in an end to end test automation effort on a high priority product.
- This tool was recognized by a Distinguished Engineer and other executives as a possible way to replace CIM by using the existing command line interface and JSON payloads.
- Developed a library of CIM DMTF Use Case’s in Python for the SDET department. Included several tool sets to provide Use Case functionality for common use.
- Developed a library of Python Unit Test automation partially covering IBM’s implementation of CIM.
Confidential, New York
- Inherited and continued development of a Java front end application used to exercise z/OS PKI’s CMP implementation closely adhering to RFC documentation.
- Worked with The Legion of Bouncy Castle lightweight cryptography open source tool.
- This Java application was used to create ASN.1 encoded payloads describing PKI certificate requests that were then transmitted to PKI using HTTP.
- Designed and developed ASN.1 encoding tools to fill gaps in Bouncy Castle’s packages and added verification of the certificates returned by PKI.
- Programmed a complete GUI test automation tool for the PKI website using Java and Rational Function Tester.
- This test tool consisted of thousands of lines of code and detailed csv files of test data.
- The complete tool performed over 8000 individual tests.
- Programmed a parallel computing environment to verify reduction of lock contention in a new DB2 database implementation for PKI.
Confidential, New York
- Participated in a research study for the NY S DEC on a TCE spill and its affect on groundwater in Upstate NY.
- Utilized Dr. Poreda’s Tritium dating lab to assess future impacts of the spill.
- Participated in a Geophysical Research Expedition in the Northern Nunavut Canadian Territory.