- Deliver actionable insights to inform end - to-end development of intelligent, human-centered and sustainable real-world solutions through detailed user research. Analyze large-scale data about user behaviors and data streaming from service operations and actual people engagements.
- Optimize design solutions, inform business strategy and craft user experiences "above and beyond" user expectations. Navigate seamlessly through data analytics, context-aware computing and program management. Skilled mentor and team contributor.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- User/Context Modeling
- Agile Methodologies
- Qualitative and Statistical Analysis
- Activity Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Interaction Prototyping
- Work Design and Usability Evaluation.
Development/Modelling Tools and Technologies: J2EE, Eclipse, UML, Joomla CMS, SPSS, Protege Ontology Editor, Brahms ABM Modeler, BDI4JADE, Sketch, and Dojo
IT Solution Architecture: Web and cloud-based architectures, e.g., Apache Spark, IBM Bluemix
Research Staff Member
- Developed an analytics engine that leverages historical weather data from weather API to cluster user behavior patterns and recommend best travel places and times based on implicit user behavior and relevant weather-related discussions on the social media. The solution has been integrated as part of the IBM Watson Travel Advisor.
- Developed a solution for automatically extracting and parsing unstructured data about mobile user behaviors generated using an iOS SDK into structured dataset of input features for doing scalable machine learning and customer behavior analytics.
- Led a UX research to inform the development of analytics solutions for predicting enterprise mobile user behavior, and providing personalized recommendations based on users’ automatically captured gestures (e.g. screen swipe and tap events) and page sequence patterns.
- Promoted a UX technique, known as Cognitive UX, for researching complex user experience problems in cognitive (smart) business applications
- Defined new metrics, (e.g. based on user gesture patterns, page complexity analysis and visit history) for researching the behaviors of mobile applications users, and for dynamically detecting bounce events in mobile applications
- Developed the conceptual model of a solution for dynamically modifying UI objects on mobile applications screen based on user context and activity history.
- Developed the architecture and solution pipeline of a predictive model for identifying triggers for travel by mining user Calendar entries, and for presenting recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Part of a team that developed a consumer behavior analytics engine for personalized end-to-end management of (business) travel. Presented solution to clients that met both business interests and user expectations.
Research Staff Member
- Led a team investigating the development of techniques and tools for specifying and managing service level agreements in cloud computing
- Developed the user interface of systems for monitoring service level agreement parameters for cloud services
- Contributed to the development of an analytics engine for service level agreement violations prediction and personalized service level agreement management in cloud services
Research Staff Member
- Led a UX study to better understand the practice, attitudes and behaviors of enterprise data scientists
- Applied an agent-based modeling approach to understanding and modeling the practice of discovery (i.e., how discovery actually occurs) in enterprise big data science
- Led the development of the Work Exchange system (an intra-organizational crowdwork tool) as a mobile app
- Part of a team that investigated the use of an organizational crowdsourcing system for application maintenance.
- Led the technical development of the CMM (Change Management Marketplace) system - an intra-enterprise crowdsourcing system. Solution was deployed to IBM Change Management Unit
- Part of a team developing a prototype system to support open and crowd models of work in organizations
- Led the prototyping and piloting of Work Exchange - a version of the CMM system - deployed for collaborative analytics in IBM Confidential
- Co-led the development of efficient work matching mechanisms for Work Exchange based on knowledge graph
- Developed a conceptual framework for a human-centered socio-computational discovery system using agent-based modeling, serious games, and graph theory
- Led a team of researchers to deliver on a three-year British Council funded research project “Context-Aware Multimedia Information System for e-Health Decision Support” between Confidential and Confidential in Dubai
- Part of a team that developed a model of an interactive knowledge-based e-learning environment for undergraduate and pre-university students incorporating collaborative knowledge discovery techniques. I developed the conceptual framework, and was responsible for the interface design and prototyping.
- Assistant lecturer in Web Innovations and Advanced User Interfaces
- Worked on a context-aware route planning and real-time navigation project for tourists to Liverpool city. The project applied cultural geospatial analysis, statistical modelling and visualization techniques
- Participated in the review of research conference papers and writing of research project reports
- Taught object-oriented software development
- Taught programming in Java and Visual .NET
- Developed a curriculum and instructional programme for teaching international adult students (particularly from Africa) with a focus on practical skills acquisition
Knowledge Transfer Specialist
- Developed a proposal and a proof-of-concept framework for the IDEAS (Intelligent and Distributed Enterprise Applications) project focused on technology transfer to local small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs).
- Developed models of business technology transfer based on the e-Workbench approach - an intelligent e-work environment I proposed for my MSc research
- Led a team conducting Business Process Redesign and IT Infrastructure and Services Auditing for a number of SMEs in Liverpool, England on behalf of Hope Solutions - a business outreach program of Confidential
- Worked on a knowledge transfer project aimed to develop strategies to help SMEs enhance their web user experience, e-security and e-commerce usability. A combination of ideas drawn from the IDEAS framework, usability engineering principles and adaptive systems techniques was used.
- Worked on porting the organizational website of Confidential from Mambo to Joomla Content Management System as well as designing and developing further functionalities onto the Website using HTML/AJAX
IT Analyst and Head of Management Information Systems Unit
- Leader of a team that designed and developed an intranet-based Hospital Management System (HMS) using MS Visual Basic and .NET technologies for Confidential
- Worked on the architectural design and deployment phases
- Responsible for the IT training services for hospital staff
- Involved in automating the operational procedures (both clinical and administrative) of the hospital, and in managing the hospital’s enterprise management system
Software Designer (Contract)
- Member of a two-man team that designed and developed an Airline Ticketing and Reservation System using PHP/MySQL for a local airline company in Nigeria
- Developed a customized Banking Software for local small scale commercial banks using MS Visual Basic 6.0 and Access DB
- Involved in the design and development of custom-made commercial software for small/medium scale businesses and in teaching computer programming using Qbasic, C and Visual Basic
- Member of a software project team that designed and developed a network-based Hotel Management Software Involved in system architectural design and UI development