- Over 20 years of hands - on development and leadership on mission critical projects
- Over 8 years leading teams in the AdTech space
- Demonstrated track record in making teams successful
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about technology
- In-depth knowledge of the Java ecosystem (Java, JEE)
- Hands on knowledge of cloud and container technology (Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, Docker)
- Knowledge of many of the most commonly used open source frameworks (spring hibernate, apache)
- Experience with operational concerns ranging from multi-environment deployment pipelines to production metrics and monitoring
- Good modeling, design and methodology knowledge (Agile, code and design reviews, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills of development teams
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Programmatic Direct - Automated Guaranteed - Team Lead
- Microservice architecture built on Java, Spring (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data JPA), Netflix OSS ( Confidential, Ribbon, Hystrix), ELK
- Activiti based workflow
- Google DFP integration
- Scalable deployment pipeline with Docker support (compose)
Confidential, New York, NY
- Flexible multi-tenancy system with sophisticated configuration features (Java based configuration)
- Dynamic module discovery and service binding (REST, Apache Curator)
- High availability (Zookeeper, Jetty Clustering)
- Automated database schema migrations (Flyway)
- Fast search (multi-core Apache Solr)
- Persistence layer based on JPA and unit-testable specifications (Spring Data JPA, Spring Data MongoDB)
- Performed Knowledge transfer on technology acquired by Confidential
- Re-implemented the impression processing pipeline using Spring Integration
- Responsible for the maintenance and extension of the Confidential module of the Operative.One platform
- Managed off-shore team
- Migrated the Operative.One build system from Ant to Maven
Confidential, New York NY
- Led the development Of AdSuite's Billing module
- Coordinated with and trained the offshore team.
- Performed code reviews.
- Designed and Implemented AdSuite's integration with Ad-Juster.
- This incuded JSR303 based validations, batch processing (Spring batch) as well as Email based notifications.
Confidential, San Mateo CA
Director of technology
- Early member of Confidential a Silicon Valley based Health2.0 startup
- Defined the requirements, the product stack (open source), the architecture and the data model for the Confidential Web application.
- Setup the development, production and collaboration infrastructure
- Defined data intake and maintenance processes
- Defined user acceptance tests
- Interviewed, trained and managed an offshore team of 6 developers through the entire software development life cycle
- Performed code reviews as well as performance tests and security audits
Confidential, San Francisco CA
- Managed a team of 9 Confidential developers and contractors to implement the new NFL.com website.
- The system was implemented from the ground up using an agile approach and tools such as Java, Maven, Spring, Hibernate, Ajax, Flash, Lucene, Documentum CMS, Oracle and Akamai.
- Coordinated the activities of an offshore team of 4 developers (India)
- Reviewed all the artifacts for correctness and performance to enable the massive scalability required by the site.
Confidential, Nevada, Utah
- Lead a team of 10 Confidential employees and contractors to re-platform CSAAs portal from a Microsoft solution to a Java solution based on Vignette.
- Worked with Confidential management and Confidential management to define the requirements
- Managed the change request and defect resolution processes.
- This included interfacing with an off-shore development team.
- Worked with Confidential staff and management to facilitate builds, deployments and Go-Live activities.
- Worked with Senior Confidential Management and a team of 5 Confidential resources to respond to the technical section of a request for proposal.
- The request for proposal was to replace CalPERSs 30 year old pension system, which manages the retirement benefits of 1.4 million California State and Local employees.
- Designed and authored the web services strategy and management features of the proposed solution, as well as selected components of the technology stack.
- The request for proposal response submitted led Confidential to win the bid, leading to a contact worth over $199 million dollars
Deputy Team Lead
- Developed online welfare application for state of California to help government workers serve welfare recipients faster by automating the eligibility determination process and benefits delivery.
- The project grossed 540 million dollars in revenue for Confidential, becoming Confidential 's largest grossing government project and fostering follow-up work in the welfare domain.
- Worked with client business analysts to define requirements around data collection, eligibility determination, benefits delivery and batch processing
- Coached co-workers, performed code reviews, implemented the build system
- Optimized the system performance.
- The system is currently handling a peak of 1.6 million transactions per day for 800,000 welfare recipients.
Lead Software Engineer
- Architected, designed and managed the implementation of TKFConnect, the Telekurs messaging middleware platform for the distribution of near real-time stock exchange information.
- Its core consists of a pure Java distributed and highly scalable framework based on JMS.
- Worked on the development of the ICS 200/60 system (Integrated Communication System for Air Traffic Control), where I evaluated the available technology as well as designed and implemented the distributed Java configuration and monitoring subsystem (using JMX, formerly known as JMAPI).
- Developed of an ITU-T M3.xxx compliant TMN (Telecommunications Management Network) project based on the TeMIP platform.
- The QMOS (Quality Management Operations System) project is used to monitor the availability of digital transmission trails of Swisscom, Switzerland's largest telecommunications company.
- Designed and implemented ALKON, a real-time embedded system for the iRMX RTOS.