A hands on engineer and a cooperative team player with excellent communication and technical skills with over 15 years of experience using Open Source tools and Enterprise Java in complex and high volume scenarios. Energetic, and quickly adapts to new technological trends with the ability to rapidly prototype functionality to garner feedback and in corporate it in applications.
Enterprise Technologies: Spring, Play Framework, Akka, J2EE Stack, Web Services,Messaging, Hibernate, Ibatis, Lagom, XML, XSLT, JSON
Big Data: Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, HBase/Hive, Cassandra, Redis
Servers: Tomcat, Apache Web Server, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, HBase, Cassandra, JavaDB/Derby.
Front End: ReactJS, AngularJS
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux/Solaris/MacOSX, Windows.
Tools: Maven, ant, grunt, sbt
- As part of the ’Customer Aquisition and Retention’ team, leveraging big data technologies to channel customers’ actions live clickstream into generating product recommendation emails.
- The development/deployment environment is Java/Python/Kafka/Storm/HBase/Hive/Redis/Zookeeper.
- OAR(Operations, Analytics and Reporting) Portal. Built using Scala/Play,ReactJS,SemanticUI, ChartJS.
- OMS(Orders Management System) Adaptors team.
- Developed Rest APIs and Messaging listeners for communication between the new and the legacy OMS systems.
- Dealt with scaling issues to support holiday time peaks.
- The development enivornment is Java/Spring/Tibco.
- Did performance analysis and infrastructure tuning of the above components to handle peak loads.
- Provided timely production support and quick resolution of all the issues related to the above components.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed the inventory deployment tool’s (IDT) service components.
- The components are hosted inside the tomcat server and are built using the Spring framework and JDBC.
- Pangaea Pricing Ingestion Designed and developed the Confidential Pangaea Pricing Ingestion application.
- It is hosted inside the tomcat server and is built using the Spring framework and extensively leverages messaging infrastructure.
- OSC Portal Gathered requirements, architected and developed the Outbound Supply Chain portal.
- The portal is programmed in Java and is served off a combination of Tomcat and Apache, and makes extensive use of Hibernate, JDBC, HTML, XML, CSS and uses Oracle as the database.
- Hadoop Tasks Wrote Hadoop tasks to analyze and report web services usage and behaviour statistics.
- PDD/MDE RESTFul Web Services for the Estimate Delivery Date and the Multi Distributor Engine functionality.
- Shipping Calculator Designed and developed Walmart.com’s shipping calculator.
- It is the most often used set of Java APIs, called on the Item pages, cart pages and on every page in the checkout process.
- It is responsible for creating shipments and prorating shipping costs based on various business rules.
- It initially used the embedded database JavaDB/derby to cache and access data in a structured format, making use of the Ibatis sql mapping framework.
- Migrated the shipping calculator to use Collections/Filters instead of JavaDB/Ibatis to support increasing performance requirements and alleviate stability issues due to a JavaDB bug.
- Migrated the various checkout pieces to use the above mentioned shipping calculator.
- As part of the checkout team, involved in numerous projects to enhance the customer's online buying experience.
- Gathered requirements for Chase's documentation needs during the mortgage loan process and cus - tomized and made enhancements to the existing system.
- Technologies used were Java, Weblogic and Flex.
- Helped migrate the login functionality from CGI to J2EE technologies. Technologies used were Java, JSP and Websphere.
- Part of the team that analyzed and did feasiblity study of the Token based Multi-level authentication project. RSA and Verisign were the two vendors considered.
- Wrote Technical Specifications for and completed the Secure Login Enhancements project.
- This was implemented to disallow customers from being able to login if their browser uses either an older version of SSL, or an encryption strength below a certain number.
Senior J2EE Developer
- Designed and developed the AddressBook, CreditCards interfaces for the User Profile module.
- This included generating CMPs, CMRs, Session beans for the service and the requisite data holding classes.
- Developed the Service layer for the Profile module, as well as the class hierarchy of managers appropriate sub-services within the Profile Service.
- Interacted with the business to consolidate requirements and with the QA team to work on the test scenarios.
- Designed and developed the Error Messaging and validation framework on top of the Jakarta Validator engine.
Senior J2EE Developer
- Enhancements to the Bulletins Service Module and the Alerts services. Migrated Alerts, Bulletins and Client Administration modules to the new look and feel based on Tiles.
- Independent Software Consultatnt.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on making enhancements to the workflow modules of the B2B server which was a modification of the Ariba server.
- On various projects with Confidential.