High impact technologist who can work across the spectrum of a development team. Practical hands-on technology leadership and management experience. Team player with a solid history of small and large team activities. Diverse architectural experiences on both the solutions and systems levels.
- Hands-on development and architecture cross technology skills.
- Diverse development skills including C, C#, Java, and Web.
- Agile before Agile was around.
- Delivered solutions in: Telecommunications, Digital Property Rights Management, Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, Legal/Litigation, Electronic Discovery, Subscription Management, Order Management, Network Operations and Testing, Physical Security and Intelligence, Call Center, Public Utilities.
- Self starter with technology.
- Forged solid cross technology and cross organizational partnerships to create better solutions for customers.
- Effective business communicator having written white papers, statements of work, contracts, and requirements documents.
Education & Certifications
BS Computer Engineering,
- Metasploit, Google Hacking, Nmap, SOA Pen Testing, Web Pen Testing, Wireless Pen Testing, Firewalls, AV, e-discovery, encryption, TrueCrypt, PKI, Privacy, Anonmity, Proxy servers, Intelligence, Counter intelligence, Encase, FTK, PGP, GPGP, SNORT,Java, J2EE (& EE5), EJB, , C++, Python, HTML, XML, XSL, Unix Administration (Sun Solaris & Linux), Windows Administration (9x, NT, W2K, XP), Networking., JSP, Servlets, JFC/Swing, JNI, RMI, OOA& D, UML, HTML, XML, XSL, Unix Administration (Sun Solaris & Linux), Windows Administration (9x, NT, W2K, XP), Networking, Information Technology Security, Application Servers (Weblogic & WebSphere), Project Mgmt, Software Methods (RDD, RUP, XP, Staged Prototype…), GUI Design and Layout (Web and Client), SQL, Verity, Hibernate, Eclipse, Lotus Notes, Eclipse, Eclipse Rich Client Platform, Linux, Fedora Core, Struts, Netbeans (5 & 6), C#, .Net (2.0, 3.0, 3.5), Visual Studio, WPF, Websphere MQ, Glassfish, VMWare, Subversion, CVS, MSBuild. Perl, Python, Visual Basic, Win32 Programming, MFC, .Net, Spring, Perforce, OSGi.
DETAILED WORK HISTORY
2008 - Present
- Delivered small business customer needs that included: network, systems, and applications.
- Enabled law firms to effectively reduce the workload and paper work costs.
- Developed innovative solutions for customers using information technology.
2008 - Present
- Develop business partners and relationships
- Lead the business
- Deliver security consulting including: penetration assessments, security hardening, security consulting, forensics…
- Contributing/Founding author of the blog Security Babble
- Privacy expert
- Author/propose security solutions to DoD and government
2010 - Present
Director, Federal Division
- Develop business partners and relationships
- Solution Architect and section leader on $500 million tactical government proposal
- Identified and fostered law enforcement relationships to develop CopCase/CMS based business solutions
- Proposed white papers for the purpose of developing SOCOM based business.
- Provided architectural and technology leadership to the tactical solutions business strategy.
2009 – 2010
SAM Project Lead/Program Mgr Cyber Security
- Senior technical lead on a high-altitude nuclear simulation program that was Java/J2EE based.
- Provided architectural leadership and guidance on the finalization of the Java/Web client version 1.0 of CCSAR, and established a product roadmap for version 2.0 and future that involved Java, SWT, RCP, Web (Flex or Ajax), and JPA.
- Developed cyber security business strategy.
- Authored/submitted white papers to government
- Conducted CDC oriented incident response and management of “Aurora” style intrusions.
- Developed internal desktop and server security hardened strategy
2008 – 2009
- Revised CEP based architecture into an SIEM platform.
- Developed code and components to support physical/technology security integration.
- Evaluated and established architecture for the I3 product line based on the existing KSX. Architecture based on OSGi SOA architecture and Eclipse RCP application infrastructure.
- Developed RCP application framework and initial client products.
- Investigated new technologies for licensing into our product stack or suite. This include GIS based mobile (PDA) technologies; wireless sensor integration technologies and several others.
- Worked with Marketing and Sales on the business development and client opportunities.
- Developed product release plans and roadmap.
2007 – 2008
- Evaluated and analyzed the 802.1x protocol specification for the 2.30 product release.
- Developed an application and user interface architecture based on the C#/.Net technologies in place, utilizing the Java UI skills and experiences I have.
- Proposed several key UI architectures to include “Workspaces and Perspectives” (based on Eclipse model) to effectively improve user’s experience with product. Developed working prototypes of the metaphors in C#/.Net to show how they would work in the application.
- Developed prototypes of application framework in C#/WPF/.Net (3 & 3.5) to provide examples of where the product needs to be headed.
- Instituted and mentored organization on a User Case/Storyboard approach to analysis to improve development efforts and decrease SWAGs in project plans.
- Conducted root-cause analysis on build processes and issues to improve the build environment and build times. Developed an overall software architecture for the various layers and technologies (C++, Java, C#).
2006 – 2007
- Principal engineer for the Cru Order Tool stabilization and turn over. Administered servers, Websphere, DB2, MQ. Fixed existing code based in Java/J2EE, DB2 stored procs, Open Laszlo and XML.
- Developed an automated order entry tool using Web services to support the Lenovo Battery recall. Enabled the automated order entry of 10’s of thousands of orders, thus eliminating the need to hire temp staff. Built the system in 4 weeks using Java, Web services, XML, and the existing systems (Websphere, DB2, MQ).
- Provided principal architectural and developer expertise for the “Monitoring and Notification”, and “CRU Order” components of the new call center support system. Systems consisted of J2EE (5)/Cache/Glassfish backend with a Flex web front-end.
2005 – 2006
- Developed J2EE/Struts based Terms and Conditions RHN Feature requiring knowledge of RHN framework and code base.
- Developed Terms and Conditions services components both web presence (struts/jsp) and back office servlet logic (struts, hibernate, j2ee).
- Took critical “user” domain components and migrated them to a web service based, ldap-backed enterprise user data store. Had to develop a virtual proxy mechanism to migrate from legacy user domain to full new web service.