Languages: JUnit, TestNG, RSpec, JQuery, Django, Bootstrap, Flask, D3, Fabric, Ansible, Android, OCAP, Ruby on Rails, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, Boost, STL
Software: TCP/IP, multimedia with UDP, IMS, SIP, RTP, VoIP, socket programming, SOAP, REST, various MAC layers, and wireless networking
Networking: Linux, Mac OSX, Arduino, Oprofile, Valgrind, LTTng, Maven, Gradle, signal processing, machine learning, neural networks, STB, MVC
- Created a new batch data processing pipeline in Python using the latest Python techniques such as asyncio.
- Implemented various features for mutliple different Ruby on Rails web applications used for data analysis.
- Designed and built an EBIF application and associated Python Flask server for STB data collection.
- Implemented software with Fabric and Ansible to help customers automate their infrastructure deployment.
- Created various application servers for customers using Bootstrap, Django, Flask, and PHP.
- Worked in an agile extreme programming environment and learned various different software development techniques such as pair programming and TDD.
- Designed and built a Python Django social network for software engineering with a rich user interface utilizing bootstrap and D3.
- Implemented numerous Python Flask applications exploring different web site designs.
- Researched machine learning and built a custom algorithm for more accurate software engineering metrics.
Confidential , AtlantaResponsibilities:
- Helped port the C/Java RI OCAP middleware stack and Confidential RDK platform to Cisco hardware. - Designed tests in Python, Bash, and C++ to measure and improve the RDK's performance.
- Created unique analytic techniques using statistics, graphics, and various linux tools such as oprofile to investigate RDK performance bottlenecks.
Confidential, San Francisco
- Wrote tests in Java and TestNG for system integration testing of cable network infrastructure.
- Analyzed cable system servers and server architecture to create test plans and test cases for important components.
- Studied cable systems and the specifics of Confidential 's cable tv infrastructure.
- Performed debugging of the C/Java OCAP middleware stack to reduce bugs, improve performance, and to help design a better implementation.
- Designed tests in Python, Perl, and Bash to measure and improve OCAP's application bootup, channel change, and general performance.
- Implemented an Android application to detect other devices and signal a custom video server to enable video forwarding.
- Designed and implemented a VLC video server to intelligently switch video between devices with multiple different form factors.
- Researched the use of interactive television and the various different vendor's interactive television solutions.
- Created various unique signal processing algorithms to reduce the effect of network delay and jitter.
- Various machine learning techniques were compared to traditional dead reckoning for state prediction and distribution.
- Architected and programmed various applications and tools in C++ and Python for the proposed research.
- The software included a 3D animation viewer in C++ and Java, a 3D collaborative virtual environment in C++, a simulator for testing signal processing algorithms in Python, and a Neural Network simulation using C#.
- Integrated multiple complex sensing hardware systems into the custom collaborative virtual environment.
- Built a Ruby on Rails application linking semantic web content to video allowing a richer television viewing experience on a second screen.
- Designed and implemented multiple OCAP Java applications to illustrate good paradigms for interactive television applications and interesting future research directions.
- Analyzed an internal SIP social networking application to determine the feasibility of porting it to run on various OCAP STBs.
- Formulated syllabus, tests, and lectures to teach the most important circuit analysis techniques.
- Lectured on electronic circuits and planned classroom activities for junior level engineering students. -Helped students in the art of circuit analysis illustrating standard engineering techniques.
- Responsible for the operation of a digital design laboratory.
- In addition was also responsible for helping to manage the technical writing laboratory and formulate the writing curriculum. -Instructed students in technical writing details and the proper formatting of laboratory results.
- Administered quizzes, graded students work, and gave students feedback on ways to improve their writing style.
- Worked with traffic engineers, installers, and factory personal to complete telephone equipment orders for 5ESS switches and other central office equipment.
- Trained in telecommunication systems fundamentals and the details of Lucent's switching equipment. -Programmed a tool to bring a graphical interface to the equipment configuration process.
- Created a Java Android application to display the embedded sensors and their value.
- Designed and programmed a Java 3D environment for Android using jPCT and jBullet. A parser was also designed to import mocap data.
- Created a lexer and parser in Python to parse a custom language similar to JSON.
- Designed and implemented a Go program to analyze JSON based logs.
- Built a Python application to collect Muni bus data for a Django application giving up to date data on Muni buses and routes.
- Worked with a team of students and professors to create a fun mobile game in C# that utilized a Windows Mobile device's multimedia and networking limits.
- Designed and programmed a unique game networking protocol for location and multimedia based mobile gaming applications.
- Collaborated with a team of students to create a unique mobile device application that utilized the core IMS network and software model.