- 10 years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Design and Develop n-tier web based applications. Primarily employ J2EE (JEE) technologies on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Strong experience with Web Applications, Web Services, EJB, Struts, Hibernate, Spring.
- Strong experience with SQL tuning and database optimization.
- Language/Framework: Java/J2EE (JEE, Java EE), EJB (Session / Entity Beans / MDB), Spring (IoC, AOP), Hibernate (OR Mapping), Annotations, Struts (MVC), JNDI, RMI, Servlets, JSP, Stripes, JPA, Apache Lucene, JBoss Seam, Ajax, jQuery, Dojo, JSF, RichFaces, HTML, Java Script, Perl, JUnit, Log4j, Quartz, JMS, XML Schema (XSD), XLS, JMX and Design Pattern.
- Web Service: AXIS, WDSL, SOAP, XML, JSON, JAX-WS and REST.
- Web/Application Server: IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic and Resin.
- IDE: MyEclipse, Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), IntelliJ, Jbuilder and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Operating System: Unix, Linux, Apple Mac and Windows.
- Database: Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Derby.
- Tool: Ant, Maven, JMeter, SoapUI, Luke and UML.
- Source Control: CVS, Subversion, Rational ClearCase and Visual Source Save.
Confidential,Atlanta, Georgia. (12/2010-present)
Java Developer – Contract
- Working on ADP Workforce Now (WFN), an integrated solution designed for the Payroll, HR and Time & Labor Management. Concentrate on talent section, implement Lucene search engine and highlighter for applicant resumes and attachments.
- Implement synchronized Message Driven Bean through WebSphere Message Queue and Service Bus to create Lucene index.
- Environment: IBM WebSphere, Rational Application Develop, Oracle, Oracle SQL developer, Firebug, Apache Subversion, Hudson, Rational ClearQuest, Linux Suse.
Confidential,Atlanta, Georgia. (7/2010-12/2010)
Java Developer – Contract
- Integrated Candidate Portal opportunity application with job search, job watch and job alert functionalities. Migrated database schema and web services of job submission to Bullhorn. Re-structure hibernate mapping. This project uses J2EE technologies including JAX-WS, WSDL, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, Ajax, jQuery, Struts 2 and Stripes.
- Implemented Scheduler application which is Spring/Quartz-based Java application that triggers tasks or sends emails at predetermined times. Developed Lucene job order index for job search. Using Spring, Hibernate, Quartz, JMX and Apache Lucene API.
- Environment: IntelliJ, JBoss, Mac OS, DB2, SQL Server, Git and Maven.
Confidential,EL Segundo, California. (7/2006 – 2/2010)
- Designed and Developed Program Guide Service which includes program guide listings service and remote booking service. Program Guide Service is a multi-threading and distributed application running in Linux, it provides clients with the up to date program guide information that matches the clients’ input request. This application is using Java/J2EE, EJB 3, JNDI and JMS.
- Developed On-Demand web Service for users/partners to lookup On-Demand program videos and download to DVR through internet. This application is using AXIS 2, WSDL and SOAP with in-memory data cache and concurrency handling. Also Developed a RESTful web version of On-Demand for mobile widget users to search latest high-light sport videos, this RESTful application uses Restlet, JSON and Servlets technologies.
- Developed Guide Search web application with high-performance, full-featured text search functionalities using Apache Lucene search API, provided the ability to perform wildcard and fuzzy search and customized the scoring sorting algorithm, this application uses Lucene, Struts 2, Hibernate and Spring framework technologies.
- Developed Guide Configuration Management (GCM) which is a web application to perform channel configuration information management. GCM is an admin interface with role and permission functionalities, the authentication allows different users have different privileges to add, remove, modify, validate and approve guide listings. This application uses JBoss Seam, JSF, Ajax, RichFaces and Oracle.
- Environment: MyEclipse, JBoss AS, Tomcat, Linux RedHat, DB2, Oracle, JMeter
Confidential,West LA, California. (6/2003 – 7/2006)
Senior Software Engineer/Database Architect
- Independently designed and developed credit card rebate processes of loyalty programs. Designed and developed web based applications for merchants, groups and card holders (supporters) with registration, logon, monthly reports interfaces. Implemented transaction qualification rebate engines and enterprise parsers using Servlets, JSP, Struts, Hibernate, XML and JDBC.
- Performed analysis and designed back-end components for high-volume data applications. Developed sophisticated SQL stored procedure, function, trigger in DB2 for data mining; such as merchant invoices, shopper spending trend analysis.
- Optimized SQL and PL/SQL using index, database partition, hint and explain plan. Delivered ETL (extract, transform and load) processes.
- Environment: Eclipse, JBoss, Resin, Perl, DB2, MySQL, AS400 and Linux.
Confidential,Newport Beach, California. (6/2000 – 5/2003)
Java Application Developer
- Developed, implemented and deployed web projects, Broker Express & Retail Express, which are loan origination programs with credit report, underwriting processes using J2EE technologies, the business logic layer is implemented by EJB technology. Applications are deployed in WebLogic application server in SUN Solaris and Windows platform.
- Responsible for data persistent via JDBC, implemented presentation layer via JSP and Servlets and Struts framework technologies.
- Developed QuickView project which is a lending report application using SQL query, PL/SQL, function, stored procedure, trigger and cursor. Responsible for Oracle SQL tuning.
- Java skills included JDBC, EJB, JSP, Servlets, Struts, XML and SAX.
- Environment: WebLogic, Jbuilder, Ant, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Plus, Crystal Reports, Rational Rose ClearCase, ClearQuest and SQL Navigator.
Education and Certification
Master Degree in Computer Science
Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE 1.4 (SCWCD)
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer (SCJP)
IBM Certified Application Developer (DB2 Universal Database V8.1 Family)
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) – passed SQL + Develop PL/SQL Program Unit
Microsoft MCSD (Solution Developer with VB and SQL Database)