- 6 years of professional experience in IT industry on Cross Platform (Web & Client-Server) application development and design using Object Oriented Programming, Java /J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases such as Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation.
- Experienced in developingUMLdiagramslike use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams usingRational RoseandMS Visio tool.
- Extensive experience working on Struts framework.
- Expertise in developing WebServices using WSDL, SOAP, JAX-RPC and JAX-WS.
- Expertise in various components of Spring framework such as MVC, IOC and AOP
- Implemented AJAX based Design in creating better, faster, and more interactive web applications.
- Expertise in working with Hibernate framework.
- Experience in RDBMS like MYSQL, SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle.
- Extensive experience in building enterprise applications using Ant and Maven.
- Extensive Experience in using MyEclipse, Eclipse, NetBeans, RAD.
- Experience in deploying business applications using application servers and web servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Unit testing, Integration Testing using JUnit.
- Followed Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodology of software development which satisfies the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Log4J for extensible logging, debugging and error tracing.
- Experience in using version control management tools like CVS, SVN and Rational ClearCase.
- Strong team player, ability to work independently and in a team as well, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, commitment towards learning.
- Bachelor of Computer Science
C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL
Windows, Linux, Unix
JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JMS, Web Services
Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
Struts, Spring, JSF, Hibernate 3.0, JUnit, Log4J, Ant, Maven
DB2, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Eclipse, MyEclipse, RAD, NetBeans
SVN, CVS, ClearCase
Confidential,Washington DC January 2012-Present
Confidential,solution that provides internet accessibility for the creation of passenger reservations including ecommerce transactions that allow for pre-payment of reservations. The SmartFares application is to provide the ongoing booking deals with city pairs (Train stations).It helps user to find the deals at one place instead of going to many links on Amtrak.com pages.
- Involved in daily stand up meetings sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings as part of AGILE Methodology.
- Developed the Presentation layer using the MVC paradigm, implemented by Spring.
- Used Spring IOC to inject services and their dependencies.
- Developed the front-end screens using HTML, CSS and JSP.
- Implemented dynamic functionality to screens using JQuery and Implemented Asynchronous means of retrieval of data using AJAX.
- Implemented Validation of forms using Spring validation framework.
- Implemented stateless session beans in business processing layer.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Implemented PL/SQL queries, Procedures to perform data base operations.
- Implemented web services using SOAP.
- Used Maven to build the application and deploy on WebSphere Application Server.
- Created test cases for service layer using JUNIT.
- Deployed the project on WebSphere application server.
- Used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages.
- Used ClearCase for version control across common source code used by developers.
Environment: Spring, Hibernate, AJAX, JSP, IBM RAD, WebSphere, EJB, HTML, JSTL, DB2, PL/ SQL, SQL, WebServices, Maven, Log4J, JUnit.
Confidential,Atlanta, GA October 2010-December 2011
Project: Bank Management System
The application is to provide the Internet Banking facility for the SunTrust Bank customers.The online banking application is built in Java/J2ee technologies which provide various functionalities like bill pay, transfers, overdraft protection, credit card requests, offers, manage account information online etc. apart from just viewing the account information online.
- Involved in Scrum daily standup meetings throughout the process of design and development.
- Involved in designing of high level details like Use Case diagram and low level design like Class and Sequence diagram.
- Implemented various J2EE design patterns like DAO, Singleton and Session Facade.
- Designed and developed the user interface using Struts view component, JSP, CSS and JQuery.
- Implemented the presentation layer using Struts Framework.
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and for integration with Struts Framework.
- Implemented Validation of all forms using Struts validation framework.
- Involved in the design and development of Stored Procedures.
- Involved in implementing interactive web application using AJAX.
- Used SVN for versioning and concurrent access to the project files.
- Used Log4J utility for logging.
- Used Ant scripts for building the application.
- Implemented Spring AOP for the Components that are involved in the application.
- Created tables in Oracle database.
- Implemented Database access through Spring JDBC.
- Extensively used JUnit for unit testing.
- Developed and Consumed WebServices to interact with internal and external systems by using JAX-WS.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic application server.
Environment: MyEclipse, JSP, Struts, Spring, JUnit, Oracle, Log4J , SQL, WebServices, XML, JSTL, HTML, CSS, Ajax, JQuery, WebLogic, Maven, SVN, Rational Rose, Windows XP.
Confidential,Woonsocket, RI June 2009-August 2010
The purpose of the project was to take requirements and drive the analysis phase of java-based application development to create high level J2EE software design. Designed, implemented and supported internal and external web based applications for the pharmacy. Participated I n developing other software and reports to support pharmacy operations.
- Interacted with the client business analysts, functional teams to review and understand the requirements and developed technical design, implementation, and migration specifications.
- Used Spring-IOC concepts and Spring MVC architecture for developing the application.
- Modeled the entire application and designed use cases, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and class diagrams using Rational Rose and designed the application using Model2 framework.
- Developed database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Functions using SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i and used them in EJBs and WEB components
- Developed data access components using JDBC, DAOs, and Beans for data manipulation.
- Designed and developed and deployed Session, Entity Beans, and Web Components on Web Sphere.
- Developed business layer components and integration services using XML Parsers and Java.
- Maintained the different versions of source code with changes ready to be deployed to development, QA, and production environments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool.
Confidential,Dallas, Texas October 2008-May 2009
The Dealer project has been developed for creating a website for TI to display all the TI Educational Products. This website contains details about the products like calculators, semiconductors, that they manufacture, TI educational Books, etc.
- Worked with Struts framework, Hibernate and JSP implementing MVC pattern for various modules.
- Responsible for development, testing and implementation.
- Developed the Search criteria for all the products, implemented the pagination logic using spring framework.
- Involved in developing some of the DAO methods using Hibernate. Designed a lot of JSP pages using JSTL tags.
- Developed Junit Test Cases and performed unit and integration testing.
- Created SQL statements to insert as well as to fetch data from the database.
- Used Hibernate for interacting with the database objects.
- Tracked bugs opened by UAT team and resolved bugs to a closure.
- Used spring framework to assemble the business component and data layer.
Environment: JSP, JSTL, HTML, Hibernate, Struts framework, Oracle, CVS, MyEclipse, Oracle Application Server.
Confidential,March 2007-August 2008
Confidential, is an E- Governance for the management and maintenance of the UP government’s water resource divisions. This includes HRMS of the entire employee’s, Project Management, Contractor Management of the divisions under UPWRD.
- Coordinated and performed analysis, design, configuration and implementation of various modules.
- Involved in creating use case, class, sequence diagrams using UML.
- Application is developed based on Struts Framework.
- Involved in developing web pages using JSP, HTML and XHTML.
- Ant is used for building, and the application is deployed on JBoss application server.
- Created the database tables in Oracle, created the required SQL queries and used JDBC to perform database operations.
Confidential,Noida, India January 2006–February 2007
Project: HealthCare Information &
Management System (HIMSYS)
This System provides the management, medical practitioners and the various other staff of modern facilities linkage with various information for decision making and better communication environment. This system operated via web interfaces and window interfaces. HIMSYS provides electronic medical report, issue tracking and workflow management, together with reporting; it handles both administrative and clinical information.
- Involved in developing the class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Actively involved in developing Servlet classes and unit testing.
- Utilized Java debugging and error handling classes and techniques to troubleshoot and debug issues.
- Implemented JDBC specification to connect with the database.
- Involved in Preparation of Unit Test Cases and Module Level Test Cases.
- Created SQL views, queries, functions and triggers to be used to fetch data for the system.
- Created WAR files and deployed into tomcat server.
- Coordinating with Project and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams.