- Expertise in server-side development with JDBC, JNDI, Servlets, MVC architecture, Java Beans, XML.
- Experience Working in Production support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- Experience in MVC architecture, Struts framework, Spring IOC, Java Server Faces and Hibernate.
- Experience in working on Unix Shell Scripting.
- Hands on experience with Core Java with multithreading, Concurrency, Exception Handling, File handling, IO, Generics, Data structures and Collections, Garbage Collection.
- Proficient in XML technologies like XSL/XSLT, SAX, DOM, XPath, SOAP, WSDL, DTD, XSD, SOA, JAXB, JAXP, Apache Axis.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit and knowledge of ANT and Log4j tools.
- Developed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based J2ee applications that conforms SOA standards.
- Experience with test-driven development using a various unit testing framework such as JUnit, HtttpUnit, JMeter.
- Extensive experience in developing GUIs using Java Applet, Struts, Spring MVC, JSF, Spring web flow Frameworks.
- Experience in DB2, Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, and MSACCESS databases. Hands on with PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views.
- Experienced with IBM WebSphere Application Server, Bea WebLogic application servers and Apache Tomcat Application Server.
- Experience working with JBoss Drools rule engine.
- Experienced in requirement analysis, and preparing High Level and Low Level design (HLD and LLD).
- Extensively used J2EE Design Patterns.
- Worked on UNIX flavors like SUN Solaris, Linux, AIX and HP-UX.
- Experienced in implementing full life cycle of software development process (SDLC)
- Used version controller tool like CMVC, Subversion and CVS.
- Understanding of object-oriented design, re-use, and component-based development.
- Experienced with RAD/Iterative development methodologies.
- Good at Documenting and Understanding User requirements and System Specifications.
- Participated in Project Requirement and Planning meetings.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Technology and Tools
Frameworks/ORM tools: Spring 2.5, Struts1.1, Hibernate 3.3, Tapestry 3
App Servers/ Middleware: Oracle App Server (OC4J), WebSphere 5.1,
Tomcat 3,3, JRun 4.0, IPlanet 5.1
IDE / Programming Tools: Eclipse 2.1/3.1, JBuilder X, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL Developer
Operating System: Unix, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP.
Database/Tools: JDBC, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 7.0
Libraries and Tools: Ant, Maven, Jasper Reports, Jmeter, Your Kit profiler
Version Control: SVN, Win CVS 1.3, VSS 6.0, Rational Clearcase.
Functional Domain: Financial, Energy, Banking, Mortgage, Insurance
Confidential,CA November 10 – Present
- Defined and executed a new strategy for improvements in Gold Model UI Mortgage Client through WIB (Wells Fargo Internet Banking).
- Analyzed and designed various modules using SOA and J2EE stack.
- Involved in developing Class Diagram in UML showing generalization and other relationships, Sequence Diagram describing the interaction of objects over time.
- Used Spring IOC, Spring Context, and Spring MVC to implement the whole payment flow.
- Used HttpClient to send and receive SOAP message from middleware.
- Wrote functional test plan covering all edge cases.
- Carried out bug fixing by rigorous testing using JUnit test cases.
- Used Clearcase as Version Control Tool to perform Checking-out and Checking-in of codes from the repository.
- Documented all stages of the project, generated documentation using Javadoc
- Provided production support for the application.
WebLogic 10.3.3 and JDK 184.108.40.206 Upgrade Project:
This is an infrastructure upgrade project to achieve better performance, scalability and remove dependency. The fundamental motivation behind this project is to remove WebLogic dependency from the deployed application so that development environment can deploy the app in TC Server (Tomcat 7) as well as production and pre-production environment can still use WebLogic 10.3.3
- Wrote maven profiles for WebLogic and tomcat
- Removed WebLogic dependency from deployed application.
- Wrote pom.xml files to include dependency as well as to exclude specific features.
- Deployed app in TC server
- Removed cyclic dependency from project
- Moved from Spring compile-time weaving to Spring Load-time weaving
- Used Selenium to execute all test plans
- Obtained performance gain by modifying deployment descriptor.
Confidential,NJ June ’09- Nov ‘10
Electronic Bank Account Management
The electronic Bank Account Management and Client On-Boarding initiative tool allows Citi to provide a superior client experience by enhancing and streamlining client documentation requirements and internal on-boarding processes to achieve
- Fully electronic processes using Citi-issued digital identities;
- Minimize account opening cycle times;
- Improve efficiency through standardization;
- Automate and reduce paperwork; and
- Automated end-to-end workflow.
The initiative focuses on end-to-end process re-engineering as well as automation. One of the main goals was to standardize and streamline the on-boarding process for global multi-jurisdictional clients focusing on four main categories for analysis and potential opportunity: Time, Documentation, Communication and Complexity. It focuses on providing better end-to-end SLA based process tracking, generating a non-redundant document checklist, proactively leveraging pre-existing documentation, and eliminating the redundant processes. The On-Boarding Tool also provide an automated end-to-end tracking tool to ensure quicker and more efficient on-boarding process. As it relates to Digital Account Management, the Managed Identity Business has four core products: Secure Payment Authorization for (CFS, CitiDirect), Issuance Services, Digital Account Management and eVault services. The On-boarding platform supports servicing clients with both local and cross-border interests in Citi’s current global network.
- Define and execute a new strategy for improvements in GTS Cash Client On Boarding and electronic Bank account management.
- Analysis and Design of various modules using SOA and J2EE stack.
- Involved in developing Classes diagram in UML showing generalization and other relationships, Sequence diagram describing the interaction of objects over time.
- Implemented as well as exposed web services using Apache Axis. Wrote XSD as well as WSDL files for web services to be exposed. Used RAD provided code generation tool for creating required classes like stub, proxy etc. suitable for Apache Axis framework.
- Used Spring aspects for implementing cross cutting functionalities like Caching.
- Defined persistent classes that are mapped to database tables based on the analysis of the business domain.
- Wrote hbm mapping files and POJO classes to map database tables with java objects.
- Created an XML configuration file for Hibernate -- Database connectivity.
- Provided production support for the application
- Created connections to database using Hibernate session Factory, using Hibernate APIs to retrieve and store data to the database with Hibernate transaction control.
- Implemented persistence layer using various features of Hibernate framework like HQL queries, Criteria, projections etc.
- Coded of EJB2.0 Session Beans classes using local and remote interfaces, provide a client\'s view of the application\'s business logic. Hidden server-side routines that implement the business logic from clients, access databases through hibernate.
- Hands on experience of testing services using SOAP UI.
- Carried out bug fixing by rigorous testing using JUnit test cases.
- Defined an interface for integrating business tier of a service with WPS workflow i.e. initiate workflow.
- Used TFS as Version Control Tool to perform Checking-out and Checking-in of codes from the repository.
- Documented all stages of the project, generated documentation using Java API Documentation Generator (javadoc).
- Build ear file with jars and war files releasing for Production.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE 1.4, IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1, RAD 7.0, Apache Axis, Spring, Hibernate, EJB2.0, JDBC, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSLT, WSDL, SOAP, MQ, Log4J, JUnit, SOAP UI, Oracle, Red Hat LINUX, IBM AIX.
Confidential,Mount Laurel, NJ Nov’07 –Aug’08
Confidential,accepts several request Messagesfrom different backend systems through MQ. The system processes the request Messages by parsing and validating them against the database. Appropriate response Messages is prepared in the format understandable by the backend system, before sending it through another MQ channel.
- Involved in preparing High Level /Low LevelDesign documents.
- The Application is designed using J2EE technologies based on MVC architecture.
- Involved in prototyping the requirements.
- Designed and developed the application flow using the Apache Struts to implement the MVC architecture.
- Involved in writing Spring Configuration and Hibernate mapping XML files.
- Developed Database access components using Spring DAO integrated with Hibernate for accessing the data.
- Worked on shell scripts for server configuration.
- Generated build file using ANT and script files using shell script.
- Used Eclipse as IDE tool for application development and debugging.
- Prepared test cases for unit testing and Component Integration Testing.
- Used JUnit for unit testing.
- Used SAX parser for parsing XML while coding the application.
- Used Log4j framework for log configurations.
- Involved in code reviews of different modules.
- Involved in bug fixing for other modules.
Environment: JAVA, J2EE, XML, Hibernate, Spring, Apache Struts, Unix Shell Scripts, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Eclipse, Oracle, Log4J.
Confidential,US Aug’06 –Nov’07
LOSM (Loan Origination System Migration)
The Vision for the LOSM project is that OOMC will process loans in a “Paperless” workflow environment providing increased flexibility and configurability in how we do business today. By developing an exception based process workflow, Option One Associates will not have to handle every loan submitted, ultimately resulting in reduced turn-around time for decision and funding and reduced cost of origination.
- Designed and developed the application flow using the Apache Struts framework to implement the MVC architecture.
- Configured Hibernate and Struts.
- Used hibernate API for storing, retrieving and updating from Oracle database.
- Involved in the requirement analysis and the design.
- Responsible for Integration Testing in dev environment.
- Developed user interface screens using JSP/JSTL and validated them using Java Script.
- Eclipse is used as the IDE for the development.
- Interact with offshore team to coordinate and guide for the development happening in offshore
- JUnit is used to perform the Unit Test Cases and Code Reviews.
Environment: Java, Struts, Hibernate, JSP/JSTL, Servlets, Java Script, Oracle, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Log4J, JUnit, Eclipse
The project automates the task of monitoring the performance of employees in a firm through a web interface.
- Written Shell scripts for platform specific jobs and creation of product images.
- Developed Basic search and advanced search JSP pages.
- Developed utility components for import and export of employee list in MS excel file, using JXL.
- Developed search and database utility classes.
- Parsing XML files using DOM parser and pumped the data into the database.
Education: M. S. in Computer Science