An experienced software developer in a fast paced environment with multiple technologies.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and new techniques quickly.
- Proven ability to document processes and provide training materials for newer employees.
- Proven ability to successfully and accurately estimate software design and implementation.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Proven ability to design object oriented software Familiar with structured programming techniques.
- Proven ability to serve as a team lead.
- Designed and developed windows and screens.
- Programming Languages: JAVA/J2EE ,C/C++ ,PERL,COBOL, BASIC
- Tools: XML, JCL, SQL Tools, JUNIT, VSAM, Rogue Wave, OIT Frameworks, Struts, Apache, ANT, BEA Weblogic, CORBA, Tuxedo,Eclipse,JSF,Spring
- Operating Systems: UNIX DEC VAX DOS IBM Mainframe.
- Database environments DB2 IMS ORACLE
- Training and Professional certifications: Took classes in developing applications with Weblogic using LiquidData and Weblogic server. Read Java Certification Material for Java 1.5
2008- present – Confidential,Programmer II – (12/07 –03/10)
Responsibilities: Maintained old systems in various techonologies, developed systems in Java/J2EE using Weblogic 8.1, documented system processes, worked with business users to develop solutions for Human Resources, Supply Chain and Finance, worked on interfaces to the Lawson Financial System. The Lawson Financial System is a software package used by Comair for budgeting and planning, expense management, financials and accounting functions. Also supported web applications using Hibernate, Spring and Java Server Faces.
Achievements: Was nominated for award for developing LOATS system.
Technologies Used: Java – 2 years, J2EE – 2 years, UNIX – 2 years, Oracle – 2 years, Eclipse 2 years.
2007 - 2007 Confidential, (with Comair from 09/07 - 12/07)
Responsibilities: Developed new systems in Java/J2EE and C, maintained old systems in Java/J2EE and UNIX, documented system processes, worked with business users to develop solutions.
Technologies Used: Java/ J2EE, UNIX, Oracle, C.
1996 – 2007- Confidential, (04/96-08/07)
Senior Systems Analyst (04/97- 08/07)
Responsibilities: Design, code and test new features and maintain existing systems in C++ and Java. Provide production support to Convergys clients when needed. Provide project management when needed. Serve as subject matter expert and compile training materials. Mentor new team members. Document system processes. Estimate amount of work needed to complete development work.
Achievements: Key developer/designer for Convergys system with multimillion dollar clients. Key player in bringing a multimillion dollar international client onto a Convergys system. Received various awards for outstanding work on projects.
Responsibilities: Design Code and Test new features and maintain existing systems in C++ and COBOL. Provide production support to Convergys clients when needed.
Technologies Used: Languages Java - 1 year, C++ - 9 years, PERL - 2 years, COBOL - 2 year, s SQL using both DB2 and Oracle JCL- 2 years. Developed servers using CORBA TUXEDO and XML. Designed windows using OIT.
1989 – 1996 - Professional Data Resources Consultant (12/89 – 04/96)
Responsibilities: Worked as DBA at CBIS Convergys from 1989 to 1991. Maintained Convergys client systems in COBOL from 1991 to 1995. Design Code and Test new features at CBIS Convergys in COBOL from 1995 to 1996
Achievements: Received awards for outstanding work at client sites.
Technologies Used: Languages COBOL - 7 years, C++ - 1 year, JCL - 7 years. Databases Used IMS - 5 years, DB2 - 5 Years, Other VSAM 5 – years.
1988 – 1989- Great American Insurance Programmer (06/88 -12/89)
Responsibilities: Maintain home and auto insurance system in COBOL.
Technologies Used: COBOL 1 year, JCL 1 year.
Other volunteer positions:
Aronoff Center Usher. 2007- present
Duties: Direct patrons to their seats, greet patrons, direct patrons to proper doors, stuff programs, lead patrons out in an emergency and assist patrons with seating issues..
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration Information Systems