- 3+ years of software industry experience in all phases of SDLC process with application development, management and enterprise integration.
- Software skill sets includes Java, J2EE (Servlets & JSP), RPC, JDBC, JMS, UML, XML, Web Services.
- Successfully administered (configured/deployed) web applications to servers like JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and Weblogic.
- Strong Knowledge in Software Development Methodologies like TDD, RAD - Agile methodology using Scrum and SOA.
- Demonstrated expertise in applying Software Design Patterns and identifying Anti-patterns.
- Extensive experience in Java Environments and with architectures like Client-Server, MVC, Adapter, DAO, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in using rational tools at different phases of SDLC including SCM (ClearCase, Subversion), Project management (MS Project Professional, MS Visio), TDD (JUnit, JMock, Log4J, Macro Express) etc.
- Strong knowledge with automated software testing/development.
- Expertise in applying techniques like Inversion of Control, Aspect oriented Programming and Dependency Injection for production environment.
- Strong understanding of AOP aspect, point cuts, advice and cross compiling (XML VMs) between OOP languages.
- Strong domain knowledge in Financial - derivative products and Healthcare - Claims processing.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science
Graduate Coursework: Software System Architecture, Design and analysis of Algorithms, Software Metrics, Operating System Design and Implementation, Software Project Management, Automated Software Testing, etc.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer - (SCJP) SUN SAI 212-035 certified programmer.
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer - (SCWCD) for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 - SUN SAI 212-083 certified developer.
- Active Participant and Member in Online Technical Forums Including Sun Developer Network, Microsoft Technical Community, Apple Developer Community.
- Certified†J2EE Architect†(Training provided by Confidential, Chennai).
- Operating Systems: Unix, Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora), MINIX 3.0, OS X, DOS and Windows 2000/2003.
- Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, PERL, Visual Basic 6.0 and Objective C.
- Scripting Languages: Java Script, Unix Shell Scripting (bash, sh) Action Script 2.0/3.0, CGI, PHP.
- Database: MySQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g and MS Access.
- GUI tools: Swing, AWT, GWT 1.5(Google Web Toolkit).
- Web Servers: BEA Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS AS, JBPM.
- Web Technologies: JSP, Servlets, XML, XSLT, Web Services, RESTful Web Services, RMI-IIOP.
- Dev Tools: MS Visio, MS Project Professional, XMLspy, Toad for Oracle, IBM ClearQuest, Log4J, JUnit, JMock.
- Version Control: CVS, IBM Rational ClearCase.
- Build Tools: ANT, Maven.
- Networking: TCP/IP and UDP protocols, Socket Programming.
- Developer IDE's: IntelliJ IDEA 7, Eclipse 3, JDeveloper, Netbeans 6.0, X-code.
Java Developer - Confidential, San Jose Jan 2009 - Till Date
Project: Global 360
The Project was an intranet application, a RIA catalog which provides features for clients in managing the inventory and to provide features like multi-language support, pluggable views, etc. for the catalog.
- Designed and implemented middleware components for customer catalog with configurable product hierarchy and view components.
- Data modeling for the UI developer and data validations for the model components of MVC pattern.
- Implementing Front Controller for User Request processing and redirecting to service layer.
- Developed/Used existing Web Services and created with apache Axis 2 server.
- Took part in design meetings and documenting the results of design decisions.
- Design and implemented standalone testing and util components for the verification of correctness of design.
- Worked with and enhanced existing systems in JSP and Spring MVC Framework.
- Used XML Parsers, Web services to communicate XML data. Used 3rd party XML Parser like JDOM.
- Strong understanding of Aspect Oriented programming methodology. Implemented the abstract/concrete components and interfaces and also used them with AOP pattern.
- Configured JMS Queue, Topic and communicated using SOAP messages.
- Designed and implemented supportive view objects to be used to construct actual view components.
- Used PL/SQL blocks and optimized the database query operations.
- Unit tested project modules using JUnit and Log4J.
- Documented the process, modules and test results with the project's MS SharePoint site for team review.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JBOSS, Hibernate, Spring MVC, JDOM, XML, JUnit, HTML, JDBC, Oracle, CVS, MS Visio, Apache Maven, and Unix.Java - Intern - Confidential, Chicago Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
Project: Product R21 - Re - Engineering
The Scope of this project was to realize the enterprise wide vision to remove the legacy C21 - Confidential. C21 was a mainframe-based system, which will be replaced by a distributed server java based system. The existing systems take a huge time frame from product creation to the time it gets in market because of the involvement of various teams to setup the derivative product. The objective of this project was to speedup the entire process by isolating the business rules from the system and also to in-built some rules into the system for easy resolutions. I contributed to the project by designing the Compiler, which takes in a complex grammar used in contract's creation like last trade date (LTD) etc., that can recognize the implied business knowledge in simple English like statements.
- Designed and implemented CME Language, which includes Compiler, Evaluation Engine.
- Designed and implemented Generic Calendar API's.
- Implemented and measured the performance of various algorithms to identify and mark dates in various calendars.
- Participated and Contributed in all stages of agile software development methodology.
- Implemented algorithms like shunting yard - postfix conversion, loop optimizations, Cyclic Dependency Checks/Resolving etc.
- Used Tools like YACC, BISON, CC for compiler compilers and tools like REGEX parser to implement Tokenizing, Parsing phases of compiler construction.
- Analyzed and enhanced the existing product structure hierarchy (Business Analysis).
- Integration and unit tested project modules and worked with test suite development.
- Designed and implemented various data structures and used software patterns like Factory, Adaptor, etc.
- Used Google Web Toolkit and GWT extensions libraries (GWT-Ext).
- Participant in Software Documentation like E.A.D. (Enterprise Architecture Document).
- Used Java IDE's - IntelliJ IDEA 7.x and Eclipse, worked with built tools like Maven, Ant.
- Used Rational Tools like ClearCase for version control.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Apache Tomcat, XML, JUnit, HTML, LEX, YACC, REGEX, JDBC, IBM Rational ClearCase, MS Visio, Apache Maven, Unix.
Internet Media Developer - Confidential, Chicago Oct 2006 - Dec 2007
The goal of the project is to bring in all the courses conducted by various departments of IIT be available for online and distant education student. My responsibility involves working with various streaming tools to provide enhanced user experience in listening to courses and also by providing supporting documents and lecture notes for students.
- Provided content development procedures for IIT's Internet Lecture Videos broadcasted through blackboard.com web portal.
- Supervised and Lead a team of student Employees in conducting training, management and quality control.
- Involved in documenting, monitoring playback and quality control problems.
- Hosted lectures and supported documents to enhance the online experience of students.
- Worked with an in-house authoring tool to generate Real Player's SMIL Code for the lecture videos and timed Camtasia Video for lectures.
- Experimented with various data stream settings and encoding algorithms to achieve maximum efficiency of the available bandwidth.
- SMIL content stream development in various encodings and used various filters to achieve optimum streaming and quality in videos.
- Used Real Producer to Encode captured video into suitable formats for online streaming, which includes bandwidth management and server configurations.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Real Player Helix Server, Real Producer, Camtasia Studio, SMIL, XML, HTML, and Unix.Jr. Software Developer - Confidential, Coimbatore, India. Jun 2005 - Jun 2006
Project: Resume Manager
The Project scope was to provide a web portal for Confidential, which is a man-powering agency with huge BPO client base. The initiative was to design and develop a system, which has user personalization of the job portal and to facilitate the repository management for the hiring managers with-in the organization. The project also involved in providing support and to make use of the existing system for Reuse of components.
- Provided design and implementation/support for online resume maintenance tool. An online resume repository using HTML, CSS, Servlets and JSP.
- Implemented web interface for user personalization and search tool.
- Modeled and designed shopping cart experience for the job portal.
- Designed and implemented profile managements including different versioning of contents.
- Automating mail responses (writing scripts in CGI, PHP) based on stored agents.
- Management of the server and testing various modules of the entire project.
Intern Software Developer - Confidential, Chennai, India. Apr 2004 - Mar 2005
Project: Club Aristo
The goal of the project was to provide a system for inventory, management and monitoring features under a single application. The existing system was a manual one where all the entries were in hard formats. The project was clubs initiative to computerize the integral part of its operations.
- Provided design and implementation for Confidential, Chennai, India. (Client Aristocrat Club & Resorts, Chennai.)
- Automated Billing and inventory management for Resorts and Restaurants designed in MS Visual Basic 6.0.
- Designed database tables using oracle for repository management.
- Established a communication channel between printers and the application and also designing the print layout.
- Participated in all the sub-modules of the project by implementing and designing DLL's.
- Proxy Server with Packet Filtering Mechanism: This software was developed in Core java in partial fulfillment of B.E., Confidential, The Proxy Server is in a Multi-Layered Architecture, which allows Server Chaining. The Proxy server's Web Filtering is rule based "simple raw http data filter" enabling less computation overhead at the Client side.
- On-line Courier Tracking and Billing System: Automated parcel tracking and billing system for Courier service agency developed for Confidential, The system enables the clients to track the status of the packages shipped for delivery Location.
- Chat Application (Client - Server Model): Chat Application with file sharing capabilities.
- Web Designing using J2EE Technologies (Shopping Cart - training Project) by Confidential using EJB with session management.
- Implemented Minix Inter Process Communication (IPC) Message format: using a different message format in receiving and sending IPC messages with in process. Implementing a small shell with process invocation features including support for background and foreground process forks.