- Over 7+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, deployment and support of Enterprise and Web Applications.
- Diverse domain experience including Banking and Insurance.
- Good exposure to overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Coding.
- Strong knowledge in the Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Extensive work experience in Java/J2EE technologies including Servlets, JSP, AJAX, EJB, JNDI, RMI, and JDBC for building server side applications and user interfaces.
- Widely used JDBC API and Hibernate as the persistence technology to interact with the databases.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns and n-tier architecture.
- Proficient in designing and developing J2EE applications using Model View Controller Pattern, Singleton pattern and Data Access Object.
- Proficient in client and server-based validations using Struts validator framework.
- Involved in developing Static and Dynamic pages using JSP and Struts tags.
- Formatted the front pages using CSS and Struts Tiles.
- Worked with SOAP in the implementation of Web services
- Experience in using the Entity Java beans and POJOs.
- Experience in working with Application Servers includes Tomcat 5.x/6.x and JBOSS 4.3.
- Strong experience in handling Web Servers like Apache Tomcat 5.x/6.x.
- Experience in communicating through JMS (Java Message Service) API.
- Good experience in working with IDE’s such as Eclipse3.3.2, MyEclipse 8.0, Net Beans5.0.
- Proficient in Backend programming using Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MySQL, Access.
- Worked in several system services such as logging, transaction management, exceptions, security.
- Accustomed to complex, fast-paced, distributed environments.
- Good programming skills and proven ability to analyze and solve complex software problems
- Experience interacting with clients, gathering requirements, design, development and deployment of various functional documents. Strong Interpersonal skills and Analytical skills, ability to work in a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills to recognize client needs
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with individuals and different teams.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
JPA2.0, Servlets 2.4, JSP 2.1, JDBC 2.0, EJB3.0, JMS, Struts 2.0,Hibernate3.6, JAXP1.3, Spring 3.1.
Tomcat 5.x/6.x, IBM WebSphere 4.x/5.x/6.x,JBOSS4.3.
Eclipse 3.3.2, MyEclipse 8.0, Net Beans 5.0.
Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MySQL, Access.
June ’11- Till Date J2EE Developer, Confidential,Boston, MA
Confidential,project involves the implementation of an integrated risk framework to measure, manage and control counterparty credit exposure on an enterprise wide basis. To meet regulatory expectations for improved limit monitoring practices across various jurisdictions.To create an enterprise limit management solution to provide limit management capabilities across the State Street organization in a coordinated, cost effective way.
- Participated in requirements and enhancement making.
- Constructed presentation layer implementing struts tags.
- Involved in core design using different Design Patterns like DAO and MVC.
- Written Action class coding for user and admin module using struts 2.
- Involved in writing the code for server side validations using Struts validator Framework.
- Developed interactive web components using AJAX.
- Written HQL Queries in Hibernate for retrieving the data from the database.
- Used Hibernate template for integrating Spring and Hibernate.
- Involved in writing Hibernate mapping configuration files for POJO’s.
- Implemented service layer using Spring transaction management and DAO logic using Hibernate.
- Provided production support and made several enhancements to application.
- Developed and deployed on Tomcat application server 6.0.
Environment : JAVA 5.0, J2EE 5.0, Struts 2, Hibernate 3.6, Spring 3.1, Eclipse 3.3.2, Apache Tomcat 6.0, XML, AJAX, JAXB, JSP 2.1, Java Script.
June ’10 – May ’11 J2EE Developer, Confidential,Chicago,IL
Risk Management Accounts Confidential,is an insurance organization offering a broad range of insurance products and insurance-related services. CNA provides insurance protection to more than 1 million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally. This project provides insurance to small businesses in an unpredictable business environment. Project offers online insurance quote forms to customers. This Project helps registered customers to buy insurance online. It allows customers to check policy information, direct bill status, and also to report a claim online. It also manages shipping information, shopping sessions for various optional coverage endorsement, views of products and services up for sale. The complete system was divided into two modules, a website that manages customer login details and an order management system that fulfills purchase order.
- Involved in gathering of System Requirements and developing a conceptual design.
- Implemented MVC pattern using Apache Struts.
- Developed a web-based reporting system with DAO and Apache Struts-Validator using Struts framework
- Struts Framework components like Action Forms, Action Servlets, Action Mappings, Action Errors, and Apache Tiles are used extensively.
- Developed JSP’s using Custom Actions, Java Beans and Servlets.
- Developed and Deployed the EJB components in JBOSS application server.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate ORM framework.
- Created XML mapping files for configuration of Hibernate.
- Parsed the XML files using JAXP so that XML data can be processed.
- Written Queries in Hibernate for retrieving the data from the database.
- Provided online production support for the customers as well as other teams interacting with the system.
Apr. ‘09– Mar ‘10 J2EE Developer, Confidential,Nashville, TN
Confidential,is an application that is used to schedule the patient\'s appointment with the available doctors. The system allows the user to define various categories according to the patients’ mode of visits i.e. General, Emergency, etc and it is handled by various color code signals. User is given the options to re-schedule an appointment or to cancel an appointment and doctors’ availability is shown as free time slots. User maintains patient’s check-in and checkout timing. The application enables the user to generate the detailed reports about previous appointments and medical history.
- Involved in gathering initial software requirements for the application.
- Developed front end using HTML and CSS and JSP.
- Developed the business logic using stateless session EJBs.
- Involved in Bug fixing and functionality enhancements of the Web Services.
- Created the WSDL and implemented WebServices using SOAP.
- Developed remote client applications to communicate with the Web Services.
- Parsed and processed the XML data returned by the Web Services using SAX and DOM.
- Involved in database maintenance using SQL queries through Oracle.
- Involved in deploying and configuring the application on Webspher5.0
- Involved in production support to the existing applications.
Environment: : JDK 1.5, JSP 2.0, Java Script, SQL, XML, HTML, Web Sphere 5.0, Eclipse, EJB 2.0, SOAP, WSDL, SAX, DOM, Oracle 10g, Windows XP.
Feb. ‘08 – Mar. ‘09 J2EE Developer, Confidential,San Antonio,TX
Internet Banking The application is an enhancement of our Internet Banking Application Framework to provide the Internet Banking facility for Frost National Bank (FNB) customers. Using this system retail and corporate customers of FNB do web transactions securely, process customer requests like credit card request, check book request, bulk payments etc. The application also facilitates second level authentication for paying the utility bills through web.
- Developed JSP/JSTL/Servlets (Action) classes and HTML.
- Used Struts framework for making application much easier to design, create, and maintain.
- Developed the Server Side components in JAVA using Servlets and EJB.
- Developed Session Beans representing different types of business logic abstractions.
- Implemented Enterprise Java Beans to interact with the database to update, retrieve, insert and delete values effectively.
- Used Hibernate for Object/Relational persistence mechanism
- Involved in writing the Hibernate mapping configuration files for POJO’s.
- Involved in Configuring web.xml and struts-config.xml according to the struts framework.
- Involved in validating the various fields in the screen using java script.
- Fixed Defects for modules and performing input validations.
- Developed interactive web components using AJAX.
Environment: : Java 1.5, EJB 3.0, JSP 2.1, Servlets 2.5, Struts Framework v1.2, Eclipse 3.0, Oracle 9i, XML, Windows NT/2000.
Apr. ‘06 – Dec. ‘07 Java Developer, Confidential,Chennai
Link II Project interacts with the Oracle database and displays various kinds of information about the laboratories and research centers on the web page. The user can enter the name of the laboratory or research center and can get the information regarding the name and designation of the staff working in a particular lab or research centre. The user can also gain the information regarding the lab equipments if authenticated.
- Actively coordinated meetings and followed up with the clients for gathering project requirements and specifications.
- The JSPs were used for taking the user input and sending it to the Java business classes.
- Developed the Server Side components using Servlets.
- Wrote SQL queries and access the Oracle database using JDBC.
- Developed and deployed JSP, Servlets in Apache Tomcat Server.
- Worked efficiently in a very tight schedule to meet the deadlines.
- Environment Java 1.4, JSP 2.0, Servlets 2.4, JDBC, SQL, HTML, Oracle 9i, Windows XP.
May. ‘05- Mar. ‘06 Java Developer, Confidential,Chennai, India Confidential,This Application allows the customers to post their orders through Web. Various operations relating to their orders such as expediting, canceling, splitting the order lines can be done through the web itself Status of their order is also displayed upon request.
- Analyzed Software requirements and specifications
- Responsible for user validations on client side as well as server side.
- Development of the Java classes to be used in JSP and Servlets.
- Improved the coding standards, code reuse. Increased performance of the extended applications by making effective use of various design patterns (Front Controller, DAO).
- Worked with PL/SQL scripts to gather data and perform data manipulations.
- Used JDBC to retrieve data from Oracle database.
- Developed stored procedures in Oracle.
- Onsite coordination for developing various modules.