- Experience on Cloud technologies like AWS and OpenStack.
- Profound knowledge of AWS Infrastructure services and DevOps processes.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experienced in evaluating different cloud providers, and successfully migrated DEV, QA environments to Amazon Cloud.
- Experience in deploying, configuring and managing OpenStack environment.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD), automation as well as responsible for monitoring and building DevOps processes for agile projects.
- Administered and Implemented CI tool Jenkins for automated builds.
- Working knowledge on configuring the infrastructure using Configuration Management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Involved in Configuration files describe to Terraform the components needed to run a single application or your entire datacenter using Terraform.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers
- Involved in Designing and implementing fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms using Chef.
- Experience on Configuring the Chef - Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments via Chef.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Automate regular tasks using puppet and maintain the existing puppet modules.
- Familiarity in designing, configuring and implementing SCM standards, procedures with GIT.
- Good understanding on application and web servers like Tomcat, HTTP and NGNIX.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker and Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm and responsible for the containerization of applications using Docker.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Selenium, ScalaTest.
- Experience in writing Jira API Tools to auto-move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles.
- Experienced in gathering requirements and coordinating migration of data, computing servers and databases from private datacenters to public cloud.
- Constructed Configuration to Terraform the components needed to run a single application and entire Datacenter.
- Good knowledge of Shell Scripting Ant Scripts, Shell, Perl Scripts, XML and JAVA Scripts.
- Developed automation tools for Build and Release using Python/Ruby Scripting.
- Experienced on Java frameworks like Spring, Spring-boot.
- Hands-on in developing Spring based Java/J2EE web applications.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Selenium.
- Implemented Web UI using jQuery and Bootstrap, Scala in the front-end server, and provided RESTful APIs at the back-end server for querying user information, scientific posts with basic functionalities such as edit, comment, follow, share.
- Involved in Developing a RESTful data management web service written in Python Pyramid using Postgres JSONB for a large media company
- Experienced in ETL processes utilizing Informatica Power center tools such as Repository Manager.
- Research & development of Informatica cloud version with the existing jobs.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant builds.
- Experience in using Informatica tools, SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading data successfully into the target Systems.
- Experience in developing SQL and PL/SQL scripts for relational databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Netezza, Postgres and Teradata.
- Scaled and Configured Logstash to work efficiently. Created dashboards & visualizations for logs using Kibana.
- Efficient in working closely with Agile teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities with relationship management skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Release Management Configuration Management Information security controls and compliance
- Dev Ops GRC Process Improvement
- Root Cause Analysis System Performance Monitoring
- SDLC Policies Development and Execution Cloud-based Infrastructure
- Incident Management Continuous Integration/Delivery Lean Support Agile Software development
- Redhat, Debain, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, WINDOWS OS, Mac OS.
- C, JAVA, Python, Shell Scripting, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Java Script.
- HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH, Scala, Akka.
- JUnit, JyUnit, Jfrog, ScalaTest, Spock, Selenium, JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, I Quest.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, SQL Server.
- EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Route 53.
- App Engine, Big Data, Compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Identity and Security, Networking
- Agile Methodology, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Apache Subversion, Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, NGNIX, Web Logic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana), REST .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Built CI pipeline to automatically test all code commits and CD pipeline for developers to ship code to production.
- Worked in installing, upgrading Build tools like Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins and Maven. Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Configuration management using Amazon Cloud Formation, Chef Server.
- Migrated source code from Subversion to GIT, and Configured Jenkins to use GIT as source code repository.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Created instances in AWS and configure security groups and Network ACLs.
- Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds to promote overall process improvement to any manual processes, converted production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Maintaining Multi zone data backup on Amazon EC2, S3. Locally maintaining data archives using daily/weekly/monthly log rotate scheme.
- Implemented and troubleshoot Networking Services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH, VPN, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS and TCP/IP.
- Involved in developing custom images on Cloud using AWS images and on ESX using Templates and involved in building physical servers using Kickstart PXE Boot.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Worked on configuring a local Docker hub for storing Docker images internally using the Docker registry.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing containers and managing directory structures.
- Involved in version control tools working with GIT in the current project now.
- Working on Configuration of Nagios for automatic system performance alerts.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Implement new and maintain old monitoring systems (Nagios). Write new and fix or rewrite old Nagios plug-ins (Bash and Perl) for production applications and databases.
- Assist Dev and QA engineers in troubleshooting day-to-day technical issues.
Environment: Java, Subversion (SVN), JIRA, Chef, AWS, ANT, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Unix/ Linux, Nagios, Nexus, Python, Ruby, Shell, Perl, Java, SONAR, Networking Services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH, VPN, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS and TCP/IP.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Automate server provisioning with custom Puppet manifests and Bash Shell scripts across Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Managed Subversion repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling and naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Used Stash delivers for maintaining central, secure solution to create and manage distributed repositories, on Central server.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting, Python/Groovy, Perl Scripting for environment builds Automate deployment on WebSphere and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in using WebLogic Admin, Deployed and WebLogic server commands.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Upgrade Openstack Icehouse to Openstack kilo.
- Manage Openstack kilo via keystone, glance, nova, neutron, horizon, heat and ironic.
- Installation and configuration of Openstack Icehouse on RedHat6 with multiple Compute nodes.
- Used Terraform to orchestrate an AWS and OpenStack cluster simultaneously.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using PVCS and Perforce version control tools.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services.
- Automated CI/CD with Jenkins, build-pipeline-plugin, Maven, GIT Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes
- Used several Jenkins plugins like Artifactory Plugin, Ant, Maven Plugin etc.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP and TCP/IP on Red Hat Linux.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP.
- Trained offshore team members and responsible for knowledge transfer.
- Provide software configuration, perform failure analysis of system architecture and migrations.
Environment: Java/J2ee, PVCS, Perforce, Ant, Maven, Puppet, OpenStack, Terraform, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, DNS, FTP, TCP/IP, Jenkins, Subversion (SVN), Stash, Git, Web sphere Application Server, UNIX, Python, Perl, Perforce, SCRUM, Clear case, Remedy.
Confidential, New York
Build and Release Engineer / SCM Engineer
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the Build Engineer role at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR package in WebSphere Admin Console.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool like Hudson.
- Publishing the Release notes for all the releases.
- Configured Hudson/Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic Application server.
- Used Sonar to covers a wide area of code quality check points which include: Architecture & Design, Complexity, Duplications, Coding Rules, Potential Bugs, Unit Test for Maven, Gradle based Java project.
- Created configuration files for infrastructure setup using Terraform.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- The above docs are being used as the guide for manual build and deployment process, in case the automated scripts break (emergencies).
- Managed an ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) Stack getting millions of logs per hour from multiple servers. Created filters for parsing the logs
- Created a complete release process doc, which explains all the steps involved in the release process.
Environment: WebSphere, Subversion(SVN), Terraform, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, Java/J2EE, JDK, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Linux (RHEL), Perl Scripting, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
Confidential, Boston, MA
Developer / Build and Release Engineer
- Worked with Business in regard to the requirements, understanding them thoroughly for the complete project outcome.
- Analyzed the business requirements, technical specification and physical data models for ETL mapping and process flow.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings.
- Co-ordination with Architects, advisors, managers, DBA's, Informatica administrator's and other developers during project life cycle.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involve environments like Development, INT and QA
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting Portal.
- Used Subversion for Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of code.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris and Used Ant Scripts to automate the build process.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments
- Managed Hudson / Jenkins-based build system, producing semi-continuous builds
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Used PgAdmin to create SQL Postgres database functions, tables and views.
- Imported tariff data to Postgres database.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Git, Hudson/Jenkins, Solaris, Ant, Maven, UNIX, Perl Scripting, Postgres Database, ETL, Informatica.