- A technocrat with over twelve years of experience in IT industry in the areas of analysis, design, development and implementation of Client/Server and J2EE applications.
- Strong skills in Core JAVA, Swing, multithreading, and J2EE Technology with in-depth knowledge in JSF, JSP, Servlets, EJB, ORM, JDBC, Hibernate, Spring, Applets, JAI and XML.
- Thorough understanding of annotations, Object-Relational mapping (ORM) using Hibernate, EJB3 and POJOs.
- Extensively used WAS 6 (Websphere application server), Jboss and Weblogic application servers.
- Experience on MVC Framework Both on Client and Server sides.
- Experience in using MVC framework on the server side using Java Server Faces (JSF).
- Proficient in developing Web components and Business components on various Application Servers.
- Strong skills in developing user interface using Swing components. Extensively developed Java Applets and applications.
- Extensively used various layout managers, Wrote custom lightweight components when required, used JDK 1.1 event delegation model and design patterns.
- Experience in multi threading to improve the responsiveness of user interfaces.
- Extensively developed java beans.
- Extensively used Java Advanced Imaging (JAI).
- Experience using Hibernate with EJB 3.0 and JPA.
- Experience developing Message Driven Beans, JMS and MQSeries.
- Experience in using spring-Hibernate combination and extensively used JDBC and Hibernate templates.
- Extensively used testing frameworks like JUnit, DBUnit, and JTest etc.
- Extensively used IBM content Manager to store media.
- Extensive experience developing reports using Actuate BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting tool).
- Developed ANT and Maven builds.
- An enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with solid communication and leadership skills to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
IDE : IBM RAD, Eclipse, JBuilder
Application Server : IBM WebSphere 6, JBoss, Weblogic
RDBMS : Ingres II, DB2, SQL Server
ODBMS : Jasmine II
Version Control : Harvest, VSS, CVS, Clear Case
M.Sc in Electronics
PG Diploma in Computer Sciences
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Sun Certified Java Programmer
Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Sun Certified Business Component Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Consultant (Contract) 08/2009 – Present
Description: Confidential,on the Wells West and Banknotes application on the Wells East side are used to process foreign currency transactions through multiple distribution channels. The Retail Foreign Exchange (RFX) rewrite project is a multi-phase project to accomplish a technical architecture upgrade, merge Wells West and Banknotes application of the Wells East on the same platform, and provide additional functional enhancements. The project is a complete redesign of the foreign currency system to align the system with current technology and strategic goals.
- Participated in the Design discussions.
- Used Hibernate as the ORM tool and defined the relationships between the entities.
- Used java 1.5 to develop output interfaces.
- Used JMX Mbeans to schedule the currency revaluation process.
- Studied the Eclipse Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT) for report generation and configured the engine with Weblogic application server.
- Wrote SQL code for the reports and created the report templates using BIRT designer.
- Wrote logic for inventory revaluation depending on the EOD rates.
- Wrote the system Output interfaces to interact with the DDA System to post EOD transactions.
- Used spring JDBC and Hibernate templates to interact with the database.
- Consumed web services to get the EOD rates.
Environment: Weblogic 10.3, Java 1.5, J2ee, Actuate BIRT, SQL, SQL Server 8, Hibernate, JMX, Eclipse, Spring.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Sr. Consultant (Contract) 11/2006 – 07/2009
Description: Confidential,Department of Finance project to consolidate the payments and adjudications functions previously performed by multiple city agencies to enhance service delivery to the public, accelerate revenue collection, streamline and simplify processes by consolidating the payments, adjudications, collections, and licensing functions of various city agencies.
- Providing enhancements and fixes to the existing application.
- Providing enhancements and fixes to the Swing application client.
- Writing JSPs under the JSF1.2 framework for the web client.
- Using EJB 2.1 for business logic.
- Developing application components using Swing and IBM JEAD framework.
- Multithreading where appropriate and required.
- Using iText to generate reports in PDF format.
- Used JIntegra to generate MSWord documents.
- Unit testing using JUnit, JTest and DBUnit frameworks.
- Using IBM Content Manager to store media.
- Studying the feasibility and effort required to move the entire application to EJB 3 and Hibernate.
- Used IBM RAD, Clear Case and Clear Quest for development, version control and defect tracking.
- Deployment onto Linux servers.
- Environment: Websphere server for regular maintenance and JBoss 5.0 for feasibility study on EJB3.0, Hibernate and JPA; IBM RAD, IBM Content Manager, Swing, J Integra, EJB 2.1.
Confidential, Islandia, NY
Sr. Consultant (Contract) 05/2000 - 11/2006
Description: Confidential,was developed for Olympus America Inc., to support their Endoscope and medical imaging equipment and the entire patient diagnostic life cycle. This was a large-scale enterprise level product developed for various clients (hospitals) in the US.
- Participated in discussing and finalizing the project requirements.
- Developed the Use Cases.
- Developed Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in UML.
- Developed the project using Model2 web framework, EJB 2.1, Ingres II and Web sphere
- Extensively used J2EE Design Patterns like MVC, View Helper, and View Object etc.
- Developed stored procedures using ODQL, which is the Jasmine ODB’s Object query language.
- Participated in developing the Jasmine ODB object model for the backend.
- Extensively used the Core and HTML tags of JSF.
- Designed all the applet based user interfaces of the project.
- Lead a team of 5 programmers in writing all the Applets using various swing components, Java
Advanced Imaging, and SVG Batic libraries.
- Designed and extensively used multi threading code to make the GUI responsive in heavy
- Developed code for Image enhancements using Java Advanced Imaging.
- Extensively used Applet-Java Script communication.
- Programmed data transfer in applet components using Swing drag and drop.
- Programmed applets using JNI to interact with Matrox C++ libraries of Olympus image capturing
- Wrote routines to install applet extensions into the plugin when the java plugin was not
Providing a solution for this requirement.
- Developed a client side framework to make all the Applets use the same class loader to reuse the loaded classes.
- Worked on internationalizing the project.
- Wrote OSGI plug-in for eclipse IDE to run HAMMURABI APIs.
- Worked on merging two databses using JDBC (used Ca’s EDBC drivers).
- Wrote ANT build scripts in XML to make nightly builds.
- Used the Harvest version control system.
- Participated in fixing the testing guidelines for the project and developed test scripts for all the Applets of the project.
- Used JUnit, JTest and DBUnit frameworks to develop unit tests.
Web based Auctions Application
Sr. J2EE Developer 01/2000 - 05/2000
Description: This project is designed and developed to test the EJB Provider of Computer Associates’ Jasmine II. This is a web-based application, through which users can Register themselves, add an item for auction and bid any item in the Auction.
- Designing the project, creating use cases, sequence and class diagrams using UML and Rational Rose.
- Designing and coding Entity and session beans.
- Used Design patterns like Session Façade.
- Writing Servlets and Jsps’ to access the EJBs’.
Environment: Java, Swing, JDK 1.2, EJB, JSP, Rational Rose, Jasmine ODB, Jasmine II Server, Windows
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr Java Developer 12/1996 - 12/1999
Description: Confidential,the Java framework using which many web based Computer Based training products has been developed. It has been developed based on the older framework called "Class of One" based on Macromedias\' Authorware and Director. This framework used Java Servlets technology in Front Controller design pattern on the server side, HTML and swing based applets for views on the client side, and Java Media Framework for audio and video. Apache and JRun have been used as the web server and the servlet container respectively. Java Persistence mechanism has been extensively used to store data instead of a Database. The following training products have been developed using this framework.
- PIMMS Customer services training
- National Car Rentals Customer Service Training
- FRED Financial Package Simulation Training
- Simulation of Sabratek infusion Pump
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Help Desk Training
- NWA Customer services training.
- Understanding the work flow in the client site, Requirements Analysis, Developing use cases and sequence diagram, Developing project specific light weight GUI components using MVC Architecture, Developing Applets to present different page templates using swing and custom components, Developing servlets, Web Server and Servlet Container configuration and maintenance and Providing Java media support with JMF.
- Extensively used JGL data structures, JMF, Java Beans features like Introspection, Event Delegation Model and Object Persistence.
- Extensively used JDBC.
- Extensively used Jbuilder with JDK 1.1.8, RationalRose’98 on Windows 95.
Environment: Java, Swing, JDK 1.1.8, Oracle 7.x, HTML, JRun, Rational Rose, Access, Windows