- Over 18 years of IT experience encompassing Technical Support, Java Programming, Unix\Linux\Informatica\Hadoop\WebSphere Admin experience and a Middleware\Application server specialist. Analytical senior technical support engineer adept at resolving complex issues. Critical thinker who addresses customer support issues quickly and who consistently exceeds performance standards. Level - headed and calm in stressful situation with well-developed people skills.
- Very strong experience with programming, SDLC, troubleshooting, customer service and technical support roles
- Deep understanding of world wide web, middleware, databases, search engines and networking concepts
- Familiar with unix\linux\windows\solaris\macOS operating systems and virtualization. Very familiar with RHEL and centos
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
Senior Software Engineer / Customer Support, DevOps, Release
- Responsible for researching, replicating, performing root cause analysis and providing feedback for product issues reported by the field professionals and customers within SLA time frame.
- Provided On-site technical assistants for Sales Engineering in POC stage of sales agreements.
- Work with Documentation and QA teams as necessary to resolve product and document issues.
- Managed the technical support page by creating FAQ and KB articles. Uploaded links for documentation and software downloads of new versions of Podium.
- Managed Fresh Desk ticketing system support queue. Programmed attributes to meet our support process improvements including automation and macro designs.
- Built Confidential Hadoop multi-node cluster test labs using Hadoop Distros (Amazon EMR, Cloudera, Apache Hadoop, MapR, Big Insights and Horton Works) and Hadoop Eco-systems, Virtualizations and Amazon Web Services component.
- Reproduced issues in lab environment. Clearly documented cases with troubleshooting steps, recommendations, and resolutions.
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects Using Jenkins, VMWare, RHEL, Artifactory HA, Ansible & Subversion
- Monitoring and maintenance of all Hadoop clusters and network services to ensure continuous availability (1-hour on-site response times are expected in the event of a disruption of service) and provide after-hours support as needed
Lead Software Engineer / Infrastructure Support
- Designed, Created electronic document storage and retrieval web application using Spring MVC for the company’s documents.
- Built a Spring REST client which helped with migrating documents from third party vendor dot loop to in-house document server and created an electronic version of documents as backups and helped company move away from using hardcopies of the documents as backup.
- Provided overall technical solutions for the company. Evaluated software architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, wrote code to help with software upgrades to be a latest level to increase efficiency and productivity and reduce cost.
- Support engineer for in-house training systems with a system up time of 98%, allowing agents training to be conducted without impacting established training schedules.
- Configured and maintained internal lab containing server(s), workstation(s), gateways, mobile devices, SSL certificates, group policies, firewalls, multiple domains, and others.
- Wrote technical documents related to current products that were published on company's Support site.
- Served as mentor for employees to improve their individual skill levels.
- Worked with agents on a daily basis to resolve issues related to agents website, BIRT reports, Blogs.
- Evaluated Tableau Server and desktop. Prototyped several personal asset management homegrown modules of the client using Tableau and Apache CXF.
- Designed, developed code to add Thai and traditional Chinese languages to the Skillport product’s localization languages.
- Wrote selenium automated unit tests.
- Point person for highly sensitive client issues, and the more complex technical cases.
Enterprise Architect/ Customer Service & Middleware support / Java Developer
- Designed, developed and maintained an exhaustive customer search engine application using Apache SOLR which helped the customer service team to effectively help customers and also to get a 360 degree holistic view of the customer
- Our initial goal was to help customer service, but we ended up sharing our idea with different business unit and created lot of cross functional relationships inside the corporations who all wanted their data indexed using solr.
- Introduced Spring Security Framework to provide filter-based security for the web application.
- Led initiative to consolidate users in 3 LDAP servers and an active directory in a single LDAP server.
- In ETL architect role administered, designed, developed and maintained ETLs using Java, Informatica and Hyperion.
- Administered, Developed and maintained xWiki. Eventually migrated xWiki to Microsoft SharePoint. Designed, Developed Company’s legacy code modernization effort.
- Participated in the design of HUB2.0’s recommendation engine and sentiment analysis.
- Strong administration skills in IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.x,5.x,6.x,7.x on AIX, Windows environments on Dev, QA, Pre Prod and production environments which involves Installation, Configuration, Deployments, Clustering and performance tuning
- Having good trouble shooting skills on test and production environment by using WAS native logs, WAS std log and Application logs.
- Exposure in installing eFixes for WebSphere Application Server and Cumulative fixes for WAS 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x using the UPDI for web sphere.
- Address and attend to Change and Incident management tickets.
- Excellent documentation skill set.
- Provided Support for test and production environments.
- Created Data Sources to a variety of Databases, including DB2 and Oracle, SqlServer2003.
- Making Architecture diagrams for the QA, PreProd and Prod environments on the software Topology
- Performance Tuning on the WAS using the IBM tools to detect the hung threads
Senior Software Engineer / Infrastructure Support
- Maintained, enhanced, Refactored COGS (Claims, Origination, Guarantor System) which handles all the student loans.
- Maintained batch processes that runs on AS400/DB2 database. Provided support for both web and batch process
- Participated in the rewrite efforts of the claims project. Guided three consultants with requirements documents, set coding standards, design and participated in numerous meeting with users and business analysts.
- Designed a database driven rich client dashboard application using spring rcp and hibernate frameworks.
- Provided 24 * 7 maintenance, support, bug fixes, enhancements, server administration for a heavily used website “FAST” which tracks shipments for various auto manufacturers and truckers including GM, Ford, Buckland, and Livingston.
- Reengineered the federated identity management software used companywide; formerly known as OneStop now RequestIT.
- Migrated from Oracle 8i to oracle 9i database.
- Analyzed the performance of the application and wrote scripts for load testing
- Participated in making identity management software SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliant.
- Built a corporate wide website ONMOVE which helped managers to view the access privileges of his/her team members.
- Counseled on architecture, design and participated on numerous meetings to enforce the security policy for ONMOVE.
- Designed database schema on oracle 9i.
- Developed a log viewer application and a web based reporting engine.
- Assisted GroupSpark.com in the design of their PLAD portal designed in Microsoft Dot NET technologies.
- Led clients in defining business process and system requirements for various automated workflow queues.
- Defined detail-process flows for workflow and PLAD design.
- Developed a brand new 3-tier system developed in Microsoft Dot NET technologies to create and manage Healthgate’s customers which replaced the old CHOICE platform
- Simplified a complex DTD which defined Healthgate’s medical journals and articles into 10 different xml DTD’s. Converted 70% of Healthgate's articles from old XML format to the new simplified and advanced XML, which greatly helped the marketing team to sell products in new Platforms like PDA's and School systems
- Created a powerful XML bulk validator using SAX parser, which helped to validate Healthgate’s content.
- Drafted proposal for company ASP.NET "Web-service" strategy and online resources
- Added custom tags to Healthgate’s article with Health Language a Denver, co based company codes similar to ICD- SNOWMED codes.