- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments
- Strong working experience in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices
- Experienced in preparing Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents
- Knowledge on using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver Proficient on Automation tools such as Selenium RC/ WebDriver IO/ IDE/ Grid and QTP/UFT (Functional & Regression Testing), Protractor, SoapUI, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA, Eclipse, TestNG, Ant, Maven, Jenkins for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object - oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG.
- Experienced in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, and MySQL. Hands on Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments. Designed and Implemented different automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework, and Hybrid Framework for several projects
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel testing by creating Groups, and categorizing test cases
- Performed Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool which is extensively helpful in ecommerce applications
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (XPath, CSS, id, Link text)
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server. Worked on Test Data Management (TDM) tools and supported automation frameworks.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber/Gherkin features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and (UAT) User Acceptance Testing
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tolls like Ant, MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT
- Hands on experience with Test management tools such as HP Quality Center/ALM/ RCLM/RQM. Generated (TSL) Test Scripts and validating the scripts using Synchronization point. Running batch execution and sending status report to higher management. Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and have used Perfecto to perform extensive mobile testing
- Working knowledge of Jenkins/Ant/MS Build/NUnit to maintain, supplement or modify Jenkins jobs. Familiar with basic static code analysis and metrics like code coverage, cyclomatic complexity and some popular tools for gathering said metrics. Being able to contribute to ongoing Continuous Delivery efforts.
- Worked cross-organizationally both within and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Performance, Desktop Applications and Web based UI Testing, Windows and Web Services.
SQA Testing & Methodologies: Test Plans, Cases & Processes, Functional Requirements, Scripting & Documentation, Regression & Negative Testing, UI & Compatibility Testing, Data Interface & Migration Testing, Performance/Load/Stress Testing, Testing Automation, Defect/Bug Tracking, Test Strategies & Coverages, QA & QC Standards
Technical Leadership: Estimations, Project Planning and Project Scheduling, Project Execution, Task Assignment, Tracking and Status Reporting, Risk tracking and Management, Team Coordination and working with various Cross Functional Teams, Impact Analysis, Change Management, Agile, Waterfall and Prototype Models
Testing tools: Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), Cloud Testing, TestNG, QTP/UFT, TestComplete, JUnit, Sauce Labs, Gherkin, Jenkins
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Tortoise, SVN, GIT, Jenkins.
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
BDD Framework: Gherkin, Cucumber.
Nonfunctional testing: Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Security Testing, Penetration Testing, Compatibility Testing, Migration Testing
DataDriven, Keyword: Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Page Object Model.
Web services: SOAPUI, SOAP and REST.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Test Cases Management: JIRA, HP QC/ ALM, Github, Rally.
Functional Testing: Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, White box testing, Black Box testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT) & User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux,Mac
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Java Developer in Test (SDET)
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and TestNg Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Implemented Page Object Design Pattern with Page Factory, Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running tests on nightly basis automatically.
- Automated running smoke tests and build report generator for daily builds.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using the JIRA API.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in the scrum and sprint meetings.
- End to end execution of automated scripts, Test Result analysis.
- Assisted Manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports. Developed Cucumber HTML, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules.
- Fetched the test data into Test scripts from Excel using third party jar Apache POI.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Used Postman for webservices/API Testing.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Worked with Android sdk for performing Mobile testing using Appium with Perfecto.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Groovy, Jenkins, Eclipse, Agile, Jira, Java Script, SQL, Data Driven and Page model object and Key Hybrid Driven Frameworks, Java, HTML, XML.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers for Confidential .
- Have Performed EMV testing in relation to Claims and Disputes.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Proficient in analyzing the SRS (Software Requirement Specifications), Functional Design Documents to formulate Test Plans and Test Strategies.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix.
- Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User stories based on Release and Sprint Plan.
- Involved in various SDLC Phases-Requirements Analysis, Test Case Development, System Testing, Regression and Conducted End to End and Black box testing
- Coordinating with the team members. Involved in creation of automation scripts and execution of automated regression suite
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using UFT.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects using HP QC.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Extensively performed backend testing using SQL queries for data validation.
- Attended daily scrum meetings with the team to discuss the milestones and progress
- Well versed in communicating and coordination with Subject Matter Expert &Business Analyst
- Extensively worked with QC to develop full lifecycle Test Plans including business rules and business models for functional, end to end and (UAT) User Acceptance testing.
Environment : UFT, HP QC, SOAP UI, Agile, SQL, ALM, UAT.
Confidential, St. Louis, Missouri
Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
- Involved in writing test cases for the System Testing. Excellent knowledge of Derivatives , Fixed Income , and Equity products . Designed automation test cases by using java, Junit, maven and selenium WebDriver .
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms. Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA , Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber .
- Used agile methodology with Scrum Process. Used BDD framework with Cucumber , Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files. Managed Code reviews using Git as code repository and code collaborator.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool Jmeter . Following-up with developers as to the status of JIRA and ensuring that the issues are resolved. Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Worked on static and dynamic objects using XPath and DOM . Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs. Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews. Prepared manual and functional test cases on mobile and web applications as per requirement.
- Participated in Weekly Status meetings with project manager, Business Analyst, Developers and other team members. Used eclipse, IDE and TESTNG framework to develop test code in java language.
Confidential, NYC, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing)
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Maintained Test Matrix & Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of Project's schedule & status.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, for every modification in the application.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the resolution of reported bugs.
Environment: Jira, Soap UI, Oracle, SQL, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Strategy, Microsoft Office.
- Interacted with Business users and Business Analyst to gather requirements. Developed UI, presentation layer using HTML, JSP and CSS. Strong focus in Java/J2EE and UI programming.
- Have implemented various OOPs concepts like abstraction, Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism.
- Act as a quick learner to get myself acquainted with Japanese OS. Developed spring based Application using MVC modules. Extensively used Hibernate in developing data access layer. Developed SQL queries
- Developed detailed design documents for all the functional modules of the application to be used by the testing team to setup test cases.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and ANT to compile, build and package the application for deployment on WebSphere application server. Used Log4j logging framework in the application to store log messages.
Environment: Java, J2ee, Struts, Hibernate, JSP, Maven, JUnit, Log4j, WebSphere, Clear Case, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, RAD 7.5.