- Deep technical expertise in building and maintaining high performance, highly availability cloud systems infrastructure, allowing applications to be more highly distributed and operate Confidential web scale.
- Industry veteran with the battle scars of building in the cloud - -designed applications to run Confidential scale natively in the cloud.
- Expert in integration of Java open source frameworks and Java based middleware technologies from Oracle, IBM, BEA, Microsoft, SUN.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills, and proven ability to drive projects to successful completion under tight deadlines.
- Ability to bring together stakeholders across diverse functions and geographic regions.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Provide technical leadership on a variety of projects involving software development and infrastructure.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), autoscaling architectures, using EBS under high I/O requirements, custom monitoring metrics/analysis/alarms via CloudWatch, the AWS API and different toolkits for instrumenting it (e.g. boto).
- Designed and implemented substantial, scalable web applications, with fully automated deployment and control systems - most recently a high-availability, multi-scalable-tier VPC deployment
- World class expertise in Linux and Unix; developing in Python (both 2 and 3); the HTTP protocol; and devops - which I define as the automation of infrastructure and deployment. Ability to analyze complex system workloads
- Experience of working with large scale distributed systems in the cloud. Ability to analyze complex system workloads. Familiarity with design patterns and industry best-practices for resilient, “cloud native” applications. Experience with effective automated techniques for managing cloud infrastructure. Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, OpenStack. Platform as a Service: Heroku, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Cloudbees, Eucalyptus.
- Effective communicator, able to engage with internal teams as a consultant. Ability to travel for potentially extended periods of time to multiple locations
- Strong object-oriented development skills in Java, Python, Ruby, shell, perl, PHP, BASIC, LISP, and other languages
- Open source or software contributions, especially relating to cloud infrastructure. Contributor to the open source jclouds (cross cloud framework for VSphere, Oracle Virtual Box, Amazon Web Services, OpenStack) framework on github
- Built automated deployment and monitoring systems for a hybrid cloud / data center environment
- Experience with transaction processing, federated identity, system security, transactional load balancing, performance tuning and infrastructure scalability.
- In-depth knowledge of application server platforms such as Oracle Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat.
- Utilized build/provisioning tools such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, N1, Cruisecontrol, shell, Puppet, Chef, and application scripting tools for application deployment and automated administration, including cross-platform J2EE provisioning and monitoring systems.
- Experience interacting with Cloud environments (Amazon AWS, Rackspace)
- Production deployment experience with TCP/IP, HTTP, JAVA, SMTP, BIND, SSH, SSL and others using Linux
- Solid analytical / statistical / mathematics background.
- Systems programming, performance optimization and network design experience
- Experience with monitoring systems: Icinga, Nagios, Introscope and diagnostic analysis tools such as JProfiler, JConsole, etc.
- Experience with version control: Subversion, Clearcase, CVS, Perforce, Microsoft SourceSafe, and defect tracking systems Jira, Bugzilla
- Worked with multiple storage backends such as Ceph, LVM, Swift
- Worked on python libraries in Ansible and Openstack
TechOps Automation Consultant
- Automation of Openstack deployment and testing using Ansible, Chef, bash.
- Utilized build/provisioning tools such as git, gerritt, Jenkins, and combined proprietary configuration management tool with python application scripting tools for application deployment and automated administration
- Design and implement the supporting platform for Openstack infrastructure on the cloud that all services and applications will rely upon.
- Oversee the build out of the platform, tuning the python library design along the way Work with engineers across multiple teams, building cloud-native services on Confidential and Confidential solution stack.
- Worked with cloud provisioning and policy platform with large Confidential.
- Confidential was an early cloud management platform based on Puppet, shell, python and virtualization to deploy across multiple cloud platforms, including AWS and Openstack.
- Worked with product development and QA in porting Fusion Middleware SOA applications for large scale cloud platform deployments.
Principal Consultant / J2EE Performance Tuning Specialist
- Worked with BEA customers on mission critical projects, including high availability architecture in distributed transactional processing application using J2EE applications, Weblogic, Tuxedo, and legacy systems. Worked on systems handling high volume financial transactions. Provided leadership and assistance with BEA Weblogic server development support, architecture assessment, mentoring and knowledge transfer. Worked on application integration and data migration between Weblogic and third party systems, including SAP, mainframe, Saleslogix, Broadvision, ATG, Hostbridge, etc.
- Performance tuning and scalability on large Weblogic clusters (100+ servers) on UNIX systems. Provided performance benchmarks for reference, code review and optimization of multithreaded behavior, review run - time data from application servers and log results.
- Drive requirements, selection, implementation, and maintenance of SOA architectural environment. Serve as technical leader for enterprise SOA projects and initiatives. Provide technical support to operational IT teams, providing SOA solutions to identified business applications. Define an enterprise SOA architectural blueprint, which is intended to support mission-critical applications through a SOA based architecture.
- Develop and execute SOA capacity plans, operational processes, policies, and procedures and ensure compliance to documented IT standards, ensuring sustainable performance of systems.
- Design and develop enterprise services & components using SOA technologies.
- Researching, analyzing, recommending and implementing new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques. Creating business process and/or information technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technology context and business needs.
- Supervise and audit work product of offshore team for enterprise publishing reengineering initiative. Responsible for mentoring others on the application of new technologies and system development methodologies.
- Worked on early internal intranet prototypes for newly launched Java language.
- Developed for enterprise sales force automation application and customer service application development for support organization, created web-enabled legacy product lifecycle system and a channel partner extranet.