- Senior Software Engineering professional with over 15 years of experience in system and application design, development, documentation, testing, and support, primarily in the Retail/Supply Chain space.
- Motivated developer with a mindset toward usability, optimal results, supportability, scalability, and performance. Core strengths in:
- Product Design and Specification
- Object - Oriented Design and Development
- Data Modeling and Database Programming
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
Languages: Java, .Net (C#), SQL, PL/SQL, Ksh, C, C++
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server
Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, YourKit, MS Visual Studio, CVS, PVCS, Git, JIRA
Other: Google Compute Engine, RabbitMQ, LindoAPI, Infragistics, Junit, RMI, JDBC, ThinkGeo
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Senior Software Architect
- Within an Agile development team, built elements of a distributed, high-performance, Java-based multi-user retail planning cache, that was used by multiple application teams.
- Added differential scenario support, which isolates users from each other and allows users to selectively share data.
- Added publish capabilities to merge data across scenarios.
- Wrote a journaling API which commits data to persistent storage.
- Enhanced performance using YourKit for profiling.
- Wrote tests to increase coverage by over 10%.
- Built a prototype supply chain planning solution, designed to handle high transaction volumes.
- Implemented a message-oriented architecture with loosely-coupled services to achieve horizontal scalability.
- Built initial prototypes using Google App Engine and Push Queues.
- Interacted with Google engineers to refine architecture; moved to Google Compute Engine and RabbitMQ to achieve required throughput.
Senior Software Architect
- Designed and developed software products for retail with a focus on data mining and large database applications.
- Enhanced and supported existing product suite.
- Worked in an Agile development team to deliver many on-time, on-scope releases of three different products, sold to over 100 retailers world-wide.
- Designed, developed, and supported all three products, including: data validation, loading, and purging; user interface; database schema, access and tuning; analytics; and integration with other Confidential products.
- Integrated data mining modules to provide advanced analytics and recommendations.
- Refactored independent products into a common framework for simplicity of support, improved extensibility, and a common user experience.
- Integrated Lindo API (an optimization library) to provide optimal case pack configurations and distributions.
- Spearheaded design and development of Demand Filtering, a feature that allows users to filter out anomalous data and thus identify the true demand for a particular product at a particular location.
- Worked closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure each product release delivered powerful new features.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Developed an application that integrates disparate data sources to give on-line advertisers insight into the effectiveness of their advertising investments.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a retail application for Confidential ’s DecisionSeries Data Mining system, the key reason Confidential Software ultimately acquired the Confidential intellectual property.