Experienced results - driven IT professional in insurance industry, responsible for design and development of various mission critical systems to support enterprise objectives. Implemented distributed multi-tiered applications using Java/J2EE and C#/.NET technologies for insurance platform. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to coach and motivate team members. Proactively worked with key stakeholders and team members during all phases of Software Development Life Cycle to ensure quality of deliverables and to optimize processes.
Languages: Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, C#/.NET, Python, Unix Shell Script, Perl, C/C++, XML, TCL
Concepts: UML, OOAD, Spring (MVC, MyBatis, Hibernate), SOAP/RESTFUL web services
DBMS: Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MySQL
Tools: IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere, Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, TOAD, Microsoft Office, Rational Rose
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX Solaris/Linux
Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, Apache Tomcat
Confidential, Lebanon, New Jersey
Technical Project Lead / Senior Application Developer / Senior Associate
- Engaged in impact analysis, development, and testing of the applications.
- Responsible for iteration, planning, and execution to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Provided build and deployment scripts to automate the process.
- Participated in code reviews and feedback sessions to ensure best practice.
- Guided the team on technical front for the migration to shorten development time.
- Helped team to resolve code issues through debugging and optimization.
- Ensured quality of deliverable through code reviews, code coverage and test logs.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Spring MVC, Spring MyBatis, Web services, Oracle, Junit, Maven, Jenkins and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Created design document and utilized Bootstrap with jQuery integrating with Spring MVC and Spring MyBatis to provide modern and friendly User Interface.
- Designed and implemented Oracle Materialized View to optimize the data retrieval process. This optimization resulted in better performance, improved customer experience, and reduced wait time for obtaining client information from 20 minutes to 1 minute on average.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Spring MVC, Spring MyBatis, jQuery, Web services, Oracle, Junit, Maven, Jenkins and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Subject Matter Expert worked closely with crossed functional business team, engineer team, and service team during the project life cycle to optimize this multithreading system.
- Received Customer Service for handling system notifications efficiently and providing timely response to customer inquiries.
- Automated manual tasks using Unix Shell script and PL/SQL script.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Spring MyBatis, Oracle, DAO, Junit, Unix Shell script, PL/SQL, Maven, Jenkins and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Led team to determine user requirements, performed system analysis, and created corresponding documentation for project enhancements.
- Implemented User Interface functionality using Ajax, jQuery, JSP, Servlets and integrating with Web Services, which provided dynamic look and feel for each insurance product.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Web Services, Ajax, jQuery, HTML, XSL/XML, Junit, Maven, Jenkins and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Integrated with Web Services to launch PDF forms and to perform licensing checks so that only the authorized agents can see the forms related to their business functions.
- Ensured quality of deliverables through code reviews and testing with JUnit modules.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Spring MyBatis, Oracle, Web Services, AngularJS, HTML, Junit, Maven, Jenkins and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Defined system flow and integrated with vendor’s REST API to ensure the user and hierarchy structure changes were reflected on the social portal in a timely manner.
- Developed various modules to handle LDAP API calls and to perform licensing checks to provide proper user access.
Environment: Java/J2EE, WebSphere, REST API, LDAP API, XML and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Subject Matter Expert of the major New York Life operational data stores and corporate database. Automated manual tasks using Unix Shell script and PL/SQL script to improve the performance of the system.
- Anchored design and implementation of data flows for Exception process running on IBM Message Broker/MQ server to ensure all data records in Confidential were synchronized with New York Life corporate data sources.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, IBM Message Broker, Oracle, ESQL, Unix Shell script and PL/SQL script
- Designed and implemented file validation and upload process using C#/.NET.
- Coordinated with internal and external technical teams to configure the environments for the project.
- Participated in testing, project integration and production support during the project life cycle.
Environment: C#/.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for designing and building the system, managing resource assignment, and coordinating with other support teams to ensure timely deliverables.
- Presented demo and provided on the new functionality as well as documentation, including procedures and user guides, to ensure seamless transition to the content management team.
Confidential, Edgewater, New Jersey
Senior Internet Developer
- Determined user requirements, performed system analysis and created corresponding documentation.
- Enhanced and supported proprietary accounting system running on Informix.
- Analyzed and troubleshooting production issues as needed.
Confidential, Melville, New York
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to retrieve data from Sybase database.
- Designed and implemented processes with Unix Shell Script and C/C++ to monitor system flows.
- Performed application testing, tracking defects and repairs to make sure that the system is up and running properly.