Senior Software Developer seeking new opportunities in information technology.
Computer Languages: Java (and JVM Languages: Groovy/Clojure), C, C++, Objective - C, CommonLisp/CLOS, PERL, AWK, Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, ASP, DSP Programming
Extensive SQL/Database experience, on: DB2, Sybase, SqlServer, Oracle. Specializing in SQL optimization, Hibernate, best practices.
Web Frameworks used: Apple WebObjects, IBMRex, J2EEBeans, MS-ASP, Java Servlets, JSP, JSTL, Struts, Java-RS, Spring(Spring2/3): SpringMVC, SpringJDBC, SpringWS
Webserver experience with: Apache/Tomcat/JBoss, Websphere, WebObjects,Splunk (LogIndexer)
Specialized Classes taken in: Object Oriented Design and Architecture ; UML and Ration design Process; Web Application Flow ; Database Fundamentals ; Java Servlets ; Spring Framework; Advanced Spring Framework
- Design and implementation of ‘ Confidential ’ insurance suite nightly cycle process improvements, saving hours of processing time each night, and improving accuracy of results.(Java/SQL, WebSphere, then Apache/Tomcat)
- Primary developer in charge of Confidential main database integrity, reporting on production errors, corrections, and code improvements to main program managers. (Java/DB2)
- Set up SPLUNK log indexes on Confidential production servers.
- Refactored all existing Ephesoft code into maintainable / reusable code base, adding full automated test suite. (Apache/Tomcat/Java/JPA/Hibernate/SQLServer)
- Alfresco Web Services, adding automated test suite.(Webservices/SOAP and RESTful)
- Triage and production support of all three areas during production code “burn-in”.
- Installed continuous integration and build with Maven (both IntelliJ and Eclipse as IDE).
- SQL and Java rewrite of main Confidential insurance suite search engine took average Policy or Claim query from greater than 8 minutes to less than 15 seconds.
- Moved large portions of Confidential web architecture from original Java model one to Java Spring Framework.
Developer, Administrative Information Services
- Designed and implemented Java servlets in WebSphere and Apache/Tomcat for academic and administrative information web sites, often replacing existing code in COBOL and IBM REX. (WebSphere/ApacheTomcat/DB2)
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
- Redesigned and implemented public web site, designed e-commerce pages, indexing of intra and extra net document libs. (ASP)
Senior Software Engineer
- Software design, implementation and support for electronic software delivery, using Apple WebObjects and Perl on Windows NT/IS with ODBC connection to MS-SQL and Oracle databases. Wrote Perl interface to third party transaction server.
- Primary engineering support for running web stores.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Test plans, test software and regression tests for major kernel software changes in a large C and C++ code base across multiple platforms (HPUX, SOLARIS, NT,WIN,AIX,IRIX).
Member, Technical Staff
- Developed Confidential workman's comp. risk assessment application.
- Designed, developed areas of application such as form letter editor, data entry UI, automated data backup procedures.
- Became senior member of application team, deploying application for client.
- Developed strategy for migrating data from legacy claims insurance system to new Confidential claims application. (COBOL data files to Sybase11).
- Implemented the migration using SQL and PERL.
- Data and application deployed as system of record.
- Software written in C/C++, and CommonLisp languages (for music composition).
- External code resources written for Opcode's MAX real-time programming language (Mac).
- UNIX system operator.
- Sun SparcStation fileserver for network consisting of VAX 11/750, Sun3 workstation, NeXT workstations, and Macintoshes.
- Maintained system files and user data.
- Responsible for maintenance contracts, all system backups, maintained network.