- Experience in Java, SQL Server, Android SDK
- Experience in object - oriented programming, algorithms and data structures, information modeling, and mobile development best practices
- Communicator that effectively conveys the details of a system, the problems and status updates of a project, and enhances the project proposal and presentation
- Experience in team -based projects, leadership and project management
- Experience in requirements gathering, designing Uses Cases, and UML Sequence and Class Diagrams
- Android SDK
- SQL Server
- Customer & Stakeholder Liaison
- ORM Lite
- Intelli J
- Android Studio
- Visual Studio 2012
- ADT Plugin for Eclipse (Android Development Tools)
- Microsoft Management Studio 2008
- OOP (Object-Oriented Programming)
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Information Modeling
- Database Normalization
- MVC3 (Model, View, Controller)
- JUnit Testing
- I implemented the following major features as well as several sub-features
- Photo Bill Pay: a feature which utilizes a third party service for optical character recognition to allow users to photograph a bill and pay that bill with one of their existing checking accounts.
- Cardlytics: a coupon reward system which allows users to view coupon offers and redeem them at a specified merchant.
- The feature also contains additional data such as a summary of the user’s coupon usage, the rewards the user has earned, and an option to learn more about the program.
- Implemented several Comparators to use custom sorting algorithms to sort the coupon list
- Kindle Fire: Modified the app to work for Kindle Fire devices by converting Google Maps to Amazon Maps and by determining the orientation of the device camera at run-time due to the different native orientation values when using a Kindle Fire OS as opposed to an Android OS.
- Used Team Foundation Server for source control
- Developed primary in Android Studio but used Eclipse as well
Technologies: Android SDK, Java, Android Studio, Eclipse ADT Plugin
- Designed the UI for the tool using Vaadin.
- The UI features a query editor window along with a result set table below.
- On the same page, the user has access to a list of saved queries which can be loaded into the editor.
- Modeled information with the team to create a database schema.
- Normalized the SQL Server database to second normal form.
Technologies: Java, Vaadin, SQL Server
- Wrote JU nit tests for existing systems using Mockito
- Created several UML sequence diagrams to be used by Overstock’s development team.
- Pair programmed with a Senior Overstock developer
- Held weekly team meetings for updates on projects
Technologies: Unbuntu, Eclipse, JUnit Tomcat, Java, Mockito
- Interfaced and gathered the project requirements from the stakeholders in an agile fashion
- The project proposal contained functions of the system, UI mock ups, use cases, and alternative solutions with expenses, licensing information and time frames for the creation of each possible solution
- I was primarily responsible for liaison, functions of the system and the overall look and feel of the proposal
- Used ORM Lite for data persistence
- Tested the application with JUnit tests
- Managed and documented the progression of the project
Technologies: Java, Eclipse Juno, ADT Plugin, ORM Lite, JUnit
- Interfaced with sponsor to acquire the requirements
- Implemented various features of the web site such as: storing previously made searches to be used again by the user, and determining a real estate agent local to the searched area
- Used the MVC3 framework
Technologies: ASP .NET, Entity Framework, Visual Studio 2010 , MVC3