- Eight years of total I.T. experience in providing Orchestration and Architectural solutions for Java/J2EE based applications.
- Over five years of experience in Healthcare insurance domain with clients including Confidential
- Experience in Enterprise Framework Integration Architecture delivery and software development following SEI-CMM level 5 quality standards.
- Hands-on experience in frameworks like Spring Hibernate Struts and JSF.
- Expert in managing and achieving stake holder s expectations to accomplish required goals in time budget and scope.
- Result driven detail oriented analytical thinker who is a dependable and have demonstrated abilities to function in highly competitive environment managing multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills including communication problem solving decision making negotiation presentation and leadership skills.
AETNA Pride day New Dimension Award for strategically orchestrating the launch of Individual Health Insurance Portal.
STAR associate of the Quarter Award for effectively leading development and operations teams at client location from Cognizant.
Won the Associate of the month award twice from Cognizant.
MVS Z/OS WINDOWS NT/XP UNIX
UML OOAD Java/J2EE and SOA Design Patterns Rational Rose Rational Software Modeler.
Springs Struts JSF Hibernate AJAX JSON AOP Velocity Jetspeed.
IBM MQ Series IBM Work Manager IBM Data Power XS40 and XI50 WebSphere Message Broker WebSphere Process Server IBM WSRR 6.2 IBM ITCAM for SOA SITEMINDER LDAP RBAC Secure FX Putty FTP SFTP SOAPUI
Application Servers IDE
WebSphere 5.1/6.0/6.1 RAD 6.1/7.0/7.5 WebSphere portal server 6.1 WSAD 5.1 Eclipse XMLSpy.
IBM UDB DB2 IBM DB2 V8 Stored Procedures SP Builder MS SQL Server 2000.
IBM Rational Clear Case V7.0.01 VSS PVCS CVS Borland StarTeam
IBM Rational Clear Quest
Quick Base Share Point Plan View Rally IBM Rational Suite
MS Word/Office/Excel/Power point/VISIO/Access/Project Professional
Soft Skills Trained
Working In Teams Cross Cultural Sensitivity Assertiveness Skills Business Communication Interpersonal Effectiveness Contract Education Problem Solving Tools Proposal Writing Probing Skills Time Management Aetna Business conduct Integrity Training Agile/SCRUM.
Senior Middleware SOA consultant
The project was initiated to replace existing Vantive CRM system used in member services call center at Corona and Stockton. The replacement CRM communicates to get various membership data.
- Created the Architecture for web services versioning where the contract gets picked dynamically providing backward compatibility. Implemented the solution using Spring Web services and Hibernate.
- Designed the semantics for automated regression testing of the ESB stack containing WMB and Datapower.
- Transformed HL7 message structures to xml format using WMB.
- Setup Datapower device as a layer in the ESB stack eliminating the need for security components distributed across each application.
- Created auto deployment process for Datapower. Provided operational stability suggestions adhering to the blue prints of infrastructure setup.
- Setup web services monitoring in Datapower viewed through ITCAM for SOA.
- Did R D on WSRR and WebSphere Message Broker integration with Datapower.
- Created Webservice proxies Multiprotocol gateways and xml firewalls in Datapower.
- Realized SCA and Business integration using WebSphere process server.
- Preparation/Review of Software architecture and Component Design Documents.
- Followed SCRUM methodology for project implementation facilitating daily stand-ups contributing to team velocity and being Agile .
It is an internet based automated system that allows enrollment into individual health insurance plans using the healthcare enrollment paradigm of quote apply and underwrite . It was launched into retail market in April 2008.
- Designed and implemented the B2B part of the system which involved interaction with disparate applications. Request catering was done for service client residing outside the Aetna network.
- Developed POC for the team to use Velocity Spring AOP and AJAX in the system.
- Suggested the use of Hibernate instead of Spring ORM. Developed POC and achieved performance improvements.
- Setup Datapower device as an interface between external vendor request and the Individual market system providing both transport level and data level security.
- Did R D on Datapower to understand its potential and put its application to use that align with Aetna s technology roadmap.
- Provided technical leadership for a 15 member team that worked on integrating applications on multi-domain cross-technology platform such as J2EE .NET UNIX SQL Server IBM DB2 RAD Spring Hibernate and SOA architecture.
- Interacted with Business Analysts Managers and Senior Architects for requirements gathering and analysis. Created and maintained various trackers like issues tracker project status tracker request tracker work breakdown structure communication tracker etc.
- Prepared System Appreciation Document functional specs and design documents for each project exit gates.
- Installed and deployed system in production after verifying cross dependencies with other applications and then communicating to all required stakeholders.
The purpose of this project was to replace the existing CCI mainframe CICS/ADSO Online application with a Web-based application that will provide consolidated Business views of the plan sponsor related data to the call center executives who handle queries from the benefit holders. The screens give details about the plans and associated benefits bought by the plan sponsor for their employees.
- Lead tech role in organizing delegating tasks to meet project goals.
- Succeeded in achieving performance improvement in the utilization of MIPS by the JDBC connection to the DB2 database on Z/OS. This was done by using Table module and Data Collector patterns.
- Developed the application using Struts JSF Spring and EJB.
- Have worked with Aetna architects to help suggest and advise them on the Architecture and design. This was done consistently per release of the application.
- Helped the Business team in reviewing and refining the requirements and also delivered a prototype on a frequent basis to match the changing requirements.
- All scalability and performance activities have been carried out independently providing architectural solutions.
- Mentored a team of 12 trainees in J2EE to take up this project at offshore and Lead a team of 20 for its execution.
- Excellent understanding of the domain and technology has helped in project management. Flamboyant in project planning estimation techniques task analysis allocation.
Product Book of Records is a centralized database repository for all products across Aetna. It aims at unifying all the products that are wide spread in different systems and databases. Currently a product could be defined as anything that is offered to the customer. In Health care terminology a product hence could be a benefit a plan or a bundle.
- Involved in all part of the application s life cycle from requirements analysis to deployment phase.
- Operated under Onsite-Offshore development model that required exhaustive remote collaboration issues resolution Dev/QA/PERF/Prod/PFIX/Stress Support and request traceability.
- Initiated innovative approaches to support parallel development and deployment of Java applications by using Clear Case expertise.
- Responsible for configuration management and performed activities like CM Planning configuration audits PVCS to Clear Case Source Code Migration Code versioning Code Reconciliation.
The purpose of this project is to streamline and automate the Benefit Provision Line Value request process validation/production through providing automated work tracking and reporting capabilities direct on-line maintenance to Benefit Table and real time update to the Benefit Table Query Inquiry tool.
- Aetna had developed an enterprise Framework AEFW to be used across all Java/J2EE applications. Was involved in setting up the first application to use the framework.
- Set up SQL DTS for data transfer from Magellan system to DB2 tables. Improved performance by analyzing and queries. Also helped in the Information data design.
- Created the low level design documents based on the software architecture documents. Involved in the full SDLC of the application.
- Fixed defects which are reported by clients within the specified time lines. Also part of the development activities to enhance the application which were communicated to the maintenance team in the form of service request.
- Also worked as the Defect prevention coordinator in the team to ensure adherence to the quality process.
Project Weekly Trainee Report
This system provides trainees joining into cognizant to plan their weekly activities and compare them with the goals achieved at the end of each week. Sends out weekly remainders and reports to managers.
- Involved in analyzing the requirements and writing Use case Documents.
- Designing class and Sequence Diagrams for all the Use cases based on the system architecture document provided by clients.
- Used Jetspeed to create portlets for the portal based system.