An accomplished Software Engineer with over 6 years of experience specializing in Object - Oriented Design and Analysis with extensive experience in the full life cyle of the software design process.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu)
Applications: Netbeans, Eclipse, Rational Rose, Star Uml, IBM Rational Modeler, VMware Player, Microsoft - MS Office 2000/XP/2007, Adobe Photoshop 7.0/Acrobat
Framework: Struts 1.3, Hibernate
Server: Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Database: SQL Server
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Responsible for software architecture and design using Rational Modeler.
- Perform software requirement analysis and recommend software solutions for Confidential .
- Update and maintain web application for radars using Struts framework.
- Use MVC design patterns to develop applications.
- Create a table in MySQL database listing the countries where the radars are located including their corresponding coordinates.
- Connect to the database from Netbeans, perform query, and list the countries’ name and their absolute radar location.
- Develop and implement 4 different radars for the US Army.
- Analyze RAP document and create use case/state diagram to meet with customer's requirements.
- Code in Java Swing for the GUI frontend system and code in Ada for the backend system including messaging, storing data, error checking, print debug, and passing data up to the front end.
- Write and maintain the Perl script file to automate the Software Developement Files (SDF) which documents the historical activities of software components within the software.
- Use Linux for backend Ada coding and Netbeans for frontend Java coding.
- Use Netbeans and VM ware Player to run test software in test environment .
- Run the production software in army miltope and verify if radars and screens are functioning properly.
- Write and modify program-level and user-level document for the frontend and backend system defining how the values should be stored or saved, how files should be saved and loaded.
- Design user interface window specifying and defining in details what should display on screens.
- Write unit and integration testing to verify the implementation of the software requirements and designs during the development process so errors are easy to find and rectify.
- Perform walkthroughs to collect data to help identify and eliminate the cause of error s later in the software development process.
- Document and resolve defects and bugs discovered in the radar system in the Fault Reporting System (FRS) database.
- Work with other team members to implement the project.
- Help train junior software engineers in design, development, implementation, and testing phases.