- developing Core Java / Swing applications
- Experienced with full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Requirements collection, object oriented analysis, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance.
- Windows, Unix/Linux
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito, Test Driven Development
- Subversion, Maven, Clearcase, CVS, Perforce
- Servlets, Tomcat, JBoss, JSP, XML
- Working knowledge of Hibernate and SQL, Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL
- JIRA, Crucible, Confluence
- JFreeChart, JasperReports
- Math and science
- Team member for developing both the client and server sides of company's cutting-edge trading platform.
- Resolved JIRA issues by changing Java / Swing code, fixing defects and adding new features.
- Participated in full software development lifecycle including code reviews with Crucible.
- Consulted with peers and independently solved problems in a timely fashion under the Agile process.
- Wrote unit tests with JUnit and EasyMock and integration tests.
- Team developer for the Trader GUI and SA (SysAdmin) GUI Java Swing applications operating in a realtime CORBA-distributed message-oriented enterprise architecture environment.
- Worked directly with many server-side teams to expose new functionality as they developed it.
- Successfully worked within Confidential 's SDLC "scrummerfall" processes.
- Independently consulted with architects and users to learn of needed enhancements and document their requirements. Presented overall architectural plans and paper mock-ups for approval.
- Presented object-oriented analysis with block diagrams and basic UML.
- Presented initial object-oriented design with pseudo-code, locating existing code for business entities and identifying where new coding was required.
- Produced time estimates for coding and delivered in a timely manner.
- Wrote detailed test plans and worked with QA to clarify them, fixing any defects before release.
- Deployed the release to users and assisted them in its use.
- Performed real-time production support on the trading floor and in the operations center.
- Independently developed several research tools & prototypes and demonstrated them to management.
- Extensively documented and communicated my work to other developers.
Lead Java Software Engineer
- Remotely developed an engine that automated the parsing and transformation of educational milestones published by all 50 states to lesson plans presented to the users (classroom teachers) of our product.
- Utilized advanced regular expressions to generate XML.
- Recruited and mentored a new developer into the project.
- Liason to management and accountable for progress.
Senior Software Developer
- Team member for developing the company's main BPM product RMS, which has a server/client architecture implemented in pure Java on Windows.
- Spring RMI was used to implement specialized application-level services between the Swing clients and a web application on a Tomcat server.
- The Swing client was organized into wizard modules and manipulated with drag and drop JTrees.
- Large amounts of data could be presented with a spreadsheet made performant by a multithreaded cache on the Swing client.
Senior Software Engineer
- Programmer for new ultra high-throughput screening (HTS - "big chemical data") laboratory.
- Designed an informatic framework of fundamental business entities, and coded their associated Java Swing viewlets.
- Coded the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm and presented the fit using JFreeChart, embedded in a JBoss web server environment.
- Prototyped various statistical treatments with Mathematica, demonstrated their use at meetings, and coded the approved ones in Java.
- Developed a major Swing application that allows the user to view and navigate chemistry spaces where the coordinates of the points are formed from molecular descriptors.
- Developed an Eclipse plugin for QSAR chemists.