Technologies: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Magento, JPA, AJAX, CSS, JSP, Portlets, Web Services, iReport, Eclipse
Repositories: CVS, SVN, Perforce, ClearCase, VSS
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX
- Developed web - based interfaces and back-end batch processes for the US Child Support System.
- Front-end development involved using Struts as well as creating and modifying JSP files.
- Developed code in Java that would allow the front-end to update tables in the Oracle DB.
- Batch processes were coded in Java and involved ingesting, or accepting and parsing text/flat files generated by the state
- Developed XML definition files used for parsing flat files
- Developed Java code to populate Spring beans using parsed data
- Created code to persist the data to the Oracle DB using JPA/Hibernate (as well as JDBC for legacy systems)
- Developed export functionalities that could export required data from the databases to flat files, XML files, or other databases.
- Used Perforce for version control.
- Created generic flat file generators for the project’s internal usage.
- Was involved in defining the requirements and system design.
- Worked closely with BAs to determine if requirements were logically valid.
- Reverse-engineered and extracted business logic from older systems that did not have documentation.
- Lead database and framework design for newer modules and requirements.
- Added features to the framework to make it more flexible.
- Modified the framework to take advantage of query by example instead of re-coding for each query parameter change.
- Removed several layers of DB transaction related code by using DAOs.
- Updated technology used by the core for future projects.
- Migrated older systems from Jboss 4.x to Jboss 5.x.
- Incorporated JPA/Hibernate for persisting data instead of JDBC when applicable.
- Became an SME in Case Management and Receipting modules.
- Conducted training sessions periodically for both new and existing employees.
- Became an ad-hoc consultant for Case Management and Receipting module issues.
- Lead meetings concerning development issues of the modules.
- Developed and migrated Reports from Cyrstal to iReport.
- Interviewed new job applicants as needed.
- Developed web-based and back-end applications for the US Medical Healthcare System.
- Front-end development involved using Portlets.
- The back-end was developed using Java with Websphere.
- Used ClearCase for version control.
- Developed Enhancements and Fixes for a Talent and Entertainment Monitoring System, reporting directly to the client in Los Angeles.
- Development involved Struts and JSP for the web interface and DB2 for the database.
- Developed a Gantt-chart generator in JSP for the front-end.
- Used CVS for version control.
- Developed Web Services between a Hospital and a Pharmaceutical System.
- Designed and implemented a Trade Fair Tracking Module for the Department of Trade and Industry.
- Designing involved using UMLs.
- Created a CRUD module from scratch using Spring and Hibernate.
- Used SVN and VSS for version control.
- Designed and Implemented Prototypes for the Hong Kong Police Computer System.
- Mapped requirements to designs using UMLs
- Further Developed the Nominal Indexing parts of the Police Computer System.
- Created drag and drop mapping interfaces using Active-X and Java Servlets.
- CVS was used for version control.
- Created a Journal table generator for the company’s internal usage.
- Using VB macros, automated the generation of journal tables given a database’s design documents.