- IT Strategy and Systems Architecture Professional with extensive experience designing, architecting and leading complex IT projects with specialization in service oriented and event driven architectures.
- Strong understanding of the role of technology in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and a proven ability to provide timely solutions without compromising IT or business strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new environments, industries, applications, and technologies, with a broad range of experience from mainframe to N - tier systems.
- Java / J2EE
- Tibco Hawk
- BEA WebLogic
- CA Wily Introscope
- Eclipse / Net Beans
- SOA Test
- Web Services
- Novell eDirectory LDAP
- SQL Server
- XML Spy
- Tibco BusinessWorks
- Java Script
- Rational Unified Process eXtreme Programming (XP) soapUI
Lead Integration Architect
- Responsible for integration standards and strategy for all global applications. Work with business leaders to understand and translate business requirements into architectures and technical designs. Instrumental in identifying opportunities to bring software products to market faster, while improving overall software quality.
- Participate as a member of an enterprise architecture team, reviewing business requests against current capabilities, identifying gaps and risks, and recommending strategies and approaches.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions, validate development and staffing estimates, and reviewing implementations.
- Perform application assessments and recommendations for improvement.
- Assess technical capabilities of systems and companies for suitability for acquisition.
- Assess new technologies to determine how they may be used to solve business problems.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate integration standards and best practices.
- Review and approve all internal and B2B application interface designs.
- Responsible for creating standards and documenting best practices including: architecture, integration approaches, messaging, application security, XML, WSDL, and service monitoring
- Integration Competency Center - Lead Architect of an Integration Competency Center tasked with establishing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) infrastructure for all global products. The project included the selection of tools, establishment of standards, definition and enforcement of governance rules.
- Business Travel Portal - Lead Architect responsible for a portal to provide access to business travel related services. Project included specification of the architecture and design and supervision of the development and implementation.
- Defined the strategy and approach to implement an SOA in support of global products.
- Performed analyses to identify existing services and their suitability for enterprise use and identify gaps where new services were necessary.
- Performed evaluations and created proof of concepts to aid in the selection of vendor products.
- Defined design time and runtime governance rules for all global applications.
- Redesigned a portal prototype to deliver a production quality portal.
- Led efforts to identify and resolve production performance and resource consumption issues.
- Educate IT and business staff about the value, costs, and benefits of an SOA.
Senior Architecture Specialist
- Internal Revenue Service - Participated as a member of an architecture team, responsible for defining future state architecture for the IRS.
- MasterCard International - Chief architect of a team tasked with performing a platform modernization assessment of MasterCard Remote Payment and Presentment System (RPPS). The project translated the functional requirements driven by RPPS business needs into software application specifications and assessed the technical requirements to meet the business needs.
- Indiana Pension Systems Inc. (IPSI) - Chief architect of a team tasked with creating an information technology services organization to support the Public Employees Retirement Fund (PERF) and Teachers Retirement Fund (TRF) agencies of the State of Indiana. Transitioned the ownership of the software systems from a vendor to IPSI.
- Department of Defense - Application architect for the development of a Theater Medical Information Program (TMIP), to manage the theater medical information needs for the U.S. Department of Defense. TMIP provided a services oriented platform used to integrate 37 systems used by the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Marine Corps, to facilitate health care delivery, medical surveillance, medical