- Talented software developer with 17+ years of experience primarily focused in Information Technology
- Highly skilled and experienced in Agile Development process for diverse requirements
- Worked on different operating systems and platforms of software and application development
- Experienced in developing HIPAA - compliant software for Healthcare EDI transaction processing
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- ITIL-based Production Operations and Support
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive team attitude
- Delivery and execution of Agile and SDLC projects
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Non-Stop (Tandem)
Programming: C/C++, Java, COBOL, SQL, XML, Shell Script, TACL, JAXB
Tools: /Software: Eclipse, Sybase Translator/(EC Map), Sybase ECRTP, Oracle 10g/11g, Oracle Applicaation Server, Altova StyleVision, Edifecs XEngine, Edifecs XEServer, Edifecs SpecBuilder, Microsoft Office Suite; SOA, Web Logic, Rational Clear Quest, Star Team, SharePoint, Maven, Git
Miscellaneous: EDI, X12 Healthcare transactions, HIPAA Validation
Service Information Developer
- SME on all areas in development and support of HIPPA EDI platform.
- Created high-level designs based on customer requirements.
- Assigned detailed tasks to other related function teams. Guided others in actual implementations and testing.
- Strong track record for on-time and on-budget estimates.
- Key member in designing the architecture of BES HIPPA 5010 EDI platform and it is based on Red Hat Linux, Confidential -UX, Oracle, and Web logical technology.
- Key contributor in the migration of BBS from UNIX environment to Linux environment. This migration extended the life of BBS.
- Developed and maintained various modules of BES HIPPA EDI platforms using multiple technologies such as: C/C++, Java, TCP/IP Sockets, Sybase Translator products, Edifecs HIPAA Validation products, Non-Stop debugger Inspect, SQL, and Shell Script.
- And a proven track record in many aspects of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and production support.
- Consistently produced high-quality and defect -free code. Quickly adapted to new technologies and standards.
ConfidentialSubject Matter Expert
- Evaluated Edifecs HIPAA 5010 validation products (XEServer, XEngine, EAM, Specbuilder…) to determine whether they would meet the client’s business needs.
- Designed and implemented a solution and test environment for integrating Edifecs products into the existing BES application (Preprocessor).
- This pilot project ultimately led to the decision to use Edifecs products as the HIPAA validation solution for the BES 5010 implementation.
- Provided Edifecs products sessions to team members.
- Implemented BES Selector object to act as an interface between XEngine and BES Trading Partner Management component (Java).
- Designed and integrated Sybase translator to BES Confidential platform (Java, Sybase ecrtp Api).
- Developed apps to parse and split files based on the X12 version used, allowing customers to use both 4010 and 5010 implementations at same time (C).
- Designed and implemented TCP/IP socket Client/Server components to exchange file/message between the legacy Non Stop system and new Confidential systems (C, Java).
- Designed and implemented BES Edit Engine preprocessor (C ) - a core component of the BES 4010 HIPAA implementation that parses X12 and proprietary format files, validates file structure, creates 997 acknowledgement, breaks down a batch file to multiple small pieces (“documents”) and reformats the document (re-envelope) to simplify next step processing and enhanced overall efficiency. Co-owner of the design patent Validation of an Electronic Transaction).
- Designed and implemented Large File preprocessor /XML Result Loader which improved the processing time of large batch files from 24+ to a few hours.
- Designed and implemented the sub-document concept in Edit Engine batch preprocessor and post-processor to solve memory issues caused by large documents. This eliminated the need for manual breakdown of very large documents (C).
- Initiated and implemented ECMAP library changes which improved the HIPAA map performance by about 35%.
- Designed and implemented an auto recovery function on several components to reduce downtime and manual intervention when output file filled up during the processing .
- Initiated and implemented a solution to prevent real time transaction downtime during daily map release.
- Developed BES billing, client billing report (Java, JAXB, XML, XSLT, Altova StyleVision).
- Implemented a utility testing tool which resulted in 40% less testing time per transaction(C, TACL).
- Worked as level 3 on-call support and was always able to quickly identify the causes and/or provide temporary solutions to meet customer SLA when the issues occurred.
- A primary resource for maintaining legacy HIPAA EDI platform - providing RCA, fixing bug and leading design/implementation/coordinating with other functional teams for accounts CRs.
- Analyzed, documented, designed, developed, tested and deployed numerous EDI transaction maps for Confidential.
- Extensive experience in reviewing design specifications to ensure accuracy and compliance to EDI and X12 standards.
- Accurately assessed and estimated efforts for instantiating new maps. Strong track record for on-time and on-budget estimates.