Highly skilled Architect, Developer, and Team Lead with more than 15 years of demonstrated expertise leading cross - functional teams to implement innovative technology solutions. Proven enterprise application architect with extensive experience delivering successful integrations, optimizations, and builds. Development specialist with a long track record of combining hands-on skills with management acumen to efficiently and effectively marshal projects through all stages of the product life cycle, consistently and repeatedly achieving deliverables on time and within budget.
- Project Management
- Team Development
- Team Leadership
- Software Architecture & Development
- Full Life Cycle Product Management
- Business Analysis / Product Design
- Product Improvement
- Infrastructure Remodeling
- Vendor Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Six Sigma, Agile Methodologies
- Cost Reduction, Process Optimization
Technical/Development: J2EE Development, C#/.NET Development, PL/SQL, Windows Mobile, RSA Security Infrastructure, WebMethods Implementations, Dialogic IVR, Intel Processor Architecture, MS Exchange Administration, Windows Server Administration, MS AD Administration and APIs
Technical/Architecture: Parallel/Distributed/Grid Computing, Enterprise Architecture Patterns, SOX 404, Dodd-Frank, GAF/TOGAF/Zackman
Project Management: Agile, RUP, Six Sigma, Vendor Cost Analysis
Platforms: Windows Server, Vista, Linux, Solaris, Mac, HP/UX, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, IBM/360, AS/400
Software: C# .Net, Oracle CRM, Oracle and Sharepoint Portals, Delphi, Oracle, VB, MSSQL, Sybase, DB/2, C++, JBuilder, CORBA, COM, ActiveX, ADO, CDO, Notes, Apache, ASP, JSP, Paradox, Exchange, Power Point, Fortran, Assembler, Java, CGI/Perl, HTML, VRML, JS/DHTML, WebMethods, IP Telephony, XML/XSLT, PHP/MySQL, Flash
Confidential, Greenwich, Connecticut
Head of IT, Architect/Developer
- In collaboration with the CEO and Head of Strategy, built a successful HFLL FX Derivatives Exchange.
- Led deployment of complete office and production infrastructure from initial conversations with investors to 100% operation within 6 months.
- Personally set up the initial office, development, and datacenter infrastructures and administered them until dedicated personnel were hired.
- Gradually hired and managed the entire IT team (up to 30 at peak).
- Led development of the product through launch.
- Designed and implemented the core distributed computing framework for an SOA self-managed trading system utilizing Informatica Messaging and in-memory database with vendor-agnostic persistence into SQL Server and Oracle.
- Designed and optimized high-concurrency order intake and matching algorithms to minimize latency while ensuring compliance with complex derivative client order priority rules.
- Provided hands-on assistance with entire IT landscape.
- Participated in design and documented business flows.
- Optimized system performance while simplifying client integration costs and reducing time to market.
- Designed and participated in implementation of automated software deployment, upgrade, and management framework using Windows and Linux shell scripts.
- Thoroughly enjoyed contributing to running the company overall and helping sales and product management by participating in sales, marketing, and client meetings, creating product roadmaps, and functioning as a Business Analyst and Technical Writer as needed.
- Evaluated new technologies, managed vendor relashionships, client integrations.
Utilized: Java, .NET, C++, open-source and proprietary code on a hybrid physical / virtualized infrastructure with a mix of Linux, Windows, and Unix servers.
Confidential, Stamford, Connecticut
Chief Enterprise Application Architect
- Led a team to create and deploy a message-based pub/sub data framework by building an analysis toolset in C# and Java, moving the content management system from Documentum to Sharepoint, distributing application server stacks, and switching from Oracle Portal to Sharepoint server stack. Selected vendors and performed build vs. buy cost analysis.
- Played leading role in technical resource hiring decisions for the group.
- Created a New Technology Research lab to produce prototypes for long-term change strategies.
- Deployed distributed Microsoft Server stacks. Headed efforts to find cross-stream synergies and improve reusability and centralized management of software assets and artefacts.
- Formalized architectural policies and worked on automating the enforcement of best practices and approaches.
- Documented standards and provided guidance to development teams on streamlined implementation of policies and remediation of standalone and integrated systems.
Technical Architecture Lead
- Built and directed a rapid-deployment team of direct reports and on-site and off-shore consulting staff to design and develop the application suite in .NET.
- Ensured U.S., Swiss, Korean, and Japanese regulatory compliance and documented all work done.
- Crafted guidelines for group-produced IT assets.
- Advised FX, FI, and Derivatives groups on algorithm performance.
- Directed the design and implementation of intermediate and final database schemas and layer communication patterns for transition to an Oracle Portals/OMO/OSO framework.
- Led 5 developers during the conversion.
- Advanced the technical design of pricing module integration for cost analysis.
Technical Team Lead
- Managed the Delphi development team in ongoing business functionality delivery.
- Performed technical research, vendor analysis, user group discussions, and management presentation to help develop the next generation of the system.
- Built prototypes and proof-of-concept modules for the next generation using JSP/Sybase and Oracle.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Developed and supported a set of 3 CRM, sales, and research applications that supported both buy and sell side analysts, traders, data entry, and sales and marketing personnel in the Equities division, using Delphi/Sybase. Worked as part of a 15-person development team.