- Over 4 years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence emphasizing on ETL concepts, dimensional models and SCD’s.
- Understand the Business Requirements and work with multiple data sources from Oracle, GreenPlum, Flat files, Xmls to build a unified solution.
- Designed and developed enhancements for improving the current process, to reduce production failures and implemented Performance Tuning techniques to meet the defined Service Level Agreement consistently.
- Experience in building mobile applications in Android and working with No - Sql database.
- Experience in streaming data using flume and data analysis using Pig and Hive.
- Have worked in both Agile and Waterfall Development Life Cycle.
Data Engineering: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6, SSIS, Pig, Hive, MapReduce
Programming Language: Java, Android
BI Reporting tool: IBM Cognos 10, SSRS, Tableau
Testing: Selenium IDELanguages PostgreSQL, Oracle
ConfidentialAndroid application developer
- Understand the business requirements and participate in design review meetings to produce appropriate solution.
- Developed SCD Type-1 ETLs to load dimension tables for different products like Hotel, Air and Car.
- Involved in developing Greenplum Stored Procedures to update description columns in the Dimension tables and to create an aggregate table on top of the Fact tables.
- Developed List and Crosstab Reports using Cognos Report Studio and Query Studio
- A Competitive Reporting to identify issues of rate parity that helped in maintaining consistent rates for the same product in all online distribution channels.
- Hotel availability data including unsold inventory, hotel stop-sell flags, close-to-arrival restrictions, and minimum length of stay restrictions which helped to achieve goal of maximizing profits in a trading year.
- Provided L1 and L2 Support for SLA Defined applications across multiple tools (Informaica, Cognos, Qlikview)
- Worked on supporting multiple functional high availability business applications and business users and was responsible for troubleshooting production data issues and manage critical incidents
- Based on the error message from logs, review Informatica mappings and stored procedures to identify the reason for batch job failure and propose/implement an appropriate solution.
- Participate in problem analysis and incident management procedure meetings to enhance process improvements.
- Ensure timely communication to the impacted parties during an incident.
- Responsible for writing the “Operations Manual” which provided information on data warehouse architecture, source-target mapping for legacy processes, reports, cubes, scheduling and triggering mechanisms and issue handling/resolutions.
- Refrain the organization from financial penalties by implementing Proactive alerts to increase the efficiency of Production Support Team
- Developed alert for Long running jobs, source file not arrived, incorrect informatica parameter file, ODS tables not in sync with OLTP) which helped Production Support team to act and meet defined SLA regularly.
- Automated House cleaning activities like removing older log files on Informatica/Cognos, trigger files.
- Developed smoke test scripts to ensure the validity and completeness of data at the end of each production loads
- Developed BI Data Dashboard of all Critical Deliverables in Cognos 10 which provides information about the Status of the deliverables and Time of Delivery of the artifacts
- Created ad-hoc Custom queries and performed Data Analysis in GreenPlum DB Environment
- Analyze and identify ghost/duplicate bookings
- Identify top sources and destinations, busiest airports for newsprints,
- Passenger information during security situations, alerting passengers during DST.
Android application developer
- Design and development of front end using native android
- Developing the application logic using Firebase (Real-time Database)
- Determining test requirements and developed test cases.
- Developing and implementing automation testing methods and procedures using Selenium
- Set up of single node Hadoop Cluster on Cloudera Virtual machine
- Stream Twitter data using flume to HDFS
- Perform sentiment analysis using Pig for positive or negative tweets. (Pig UDF function was written in Java)