An accomplished Information Technology professional with broad experience in software engineering. A quick learner with excellent analytical and problem - solving skills. Capable of fulfilling any project team role with a long history of completing projects on time and on budget. Extensive hands on experience with a wide variety of technical solutions.
Frameworks: J2EE, Spring, Struts, Tiles, Ext JS
APIs: JSP, JSTL, EJB, Javadoc, Servlets, JNDI, Swing
Software: Eclipse, Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Confidential Rational Application Developer, Websphere MQ, Websphere, Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, DataPower, Tivoli, OpenSSO, iTKO Lisa, soapUI, Microsoft Visual Basic, ABAP Workbench, SAP GUI, Excel, Word, Visio, Subversion, Clearcase, SharePoint, Team Foundation Server, Git
Systems: Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7), UNIX, Linux, Solaris
Confidential, Vienna, Virginia
- Provided subject matter expertise in the areas of DataPower, integration with external applications, and Websphere MQ. Developed the facility gateway and ESB to provide secure web service communications with partner agencies. Used XSLT, XML, web services, DataPower XI52, Oracle, Websphere MQ, and soapUI.
- Designed application architecture changes, which resulted in a lower cost and higher performing solution.
- Worked with architects and developers from multiple agencies to implement the solution.
- Created and executed the project plan, while also contributing to the solution implementation.
- Gathered and analyzed IT performance metrics, identified key performance indicators, and developed a process improvement plan to improve the performance of the engineering and development teams.
- Created a web application to calculate and present the performance metrics.
- Automated health check monitoring and alerting for critical mission systems.
- Used PHP, HTML, and MySQL.
- Led a team of engineers to build mission critical systems at the continuity of operations site for our facility.
- Gathered input from engineering to create the project plan, and worked with management to allocate resources and acquire equipment.
- Coached newly formed Agile Scrum software development teams in the organization to ease the transition from the waterfall lifecycle.
- Provided guidance to the organization on how to implement Agile across the enterprise in a consistent and logical manner.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
- While working within an agile development team, completed the primary responsibility of developing the ESB for the FBI Confidential case management system, which hosts the Confidential system services and provides integration between Confidential and legacy systems.
- Other responsibilities include enhancing Java web services and applications, as well as supporting technical Confidential ESB clients.
- Used XSLT, XML, Java, web services, DataPower XI52, Confidential Rational Application Developer, Ext JS, Subversion, Clearcase, Websphere, Oracle, and soapUI.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
- Performed the role of Scrum Master, while also being a member of the software development team.
- Improved team performance by refining and improving team implementation of Scrum processes through and team feedback.
- Supported the product owner with backlog maintenance and all aspects of planning.
- Communicated effectively with team, product owner, and Government stakeholders to ensure the visibility of the team’s status.
- Implemented new functionality within Java software used by the Confidential and government agencies to share data.
- Using the Scrum framework for agile software development, collaborated with the customer and teammates to constantly satisfy rapidly changing requirements on schedule.
- Used Java, EJB, web services, Spring, JDBC, XML, XSLT, Struts, JSP, Weblogic, JBoss, Maven, Jenkins, Oracle, iTKO Lisa, and soapUI.
- Creating attribute based access control security solution for the data distribution backbone software accredited at protection level 3.
- Again using an agile software development methodology, working closely with the customer and other teammates to design, develop, test, and demonstrate deliverables.
- Used Java, web services, EJB, XML, XSLT,XACML, JSP, DataPower, Tivoli, OpenSSO, iTKO Lisa, and soapUI.
Confidential, Chicago, IllinoisSenior Systems Analyst
- Authored requirements, designed, and developed a new web application for use by Confidential nuclear power facilities.
- Coordinated testing, loaded data for testing and production, and trained business partners to use application.
- Used Java, JSP, Struts, Tiles, JDBC, Eclipse, DB2, JSTL, Tomcat, Maven, Websphere 6, and Visual Source Safe.
Confidential, Oak Brook, Illinois
Senior Systems Analyst
- Implemented the SDLC for the company’s information technology function, leading to more consistent and efficient project execution.
- Provided input on the SDLC creation.
- Advised others on the creation of artifacts such as use cases, architecture documents, and requirements documents.
- Designed and developed the integration of the corporate central inventory management system (CIMS) with store POS systems.
- Coordinated testing among the CIMS development teams responsible for each business transaction.
- Used Java, EJB, JMS, Websphere Application Developer, Message Broker, ESQL, DB2, MQ Series, and Rational Clearcase.
- Worked as the technical lead on a project to create a web based application used to sign up new rewards customers at the store POS, which created new rewards customer accounts weeks to months faster than the paper application process.
- Provided time estimates for all design, development, and testing tasks to project manager.
- Reviewed all project artifacts, design, code, test plans, and defect fixes. Worked closely with business partners to verify application meets their expectations.
- Managed the production of the application using ASP .NET, C# .NET, DB2, Visual Studio, and PVCS.
- Designed a user maintenance application for a web based retailer system.
- Created architecture and detail design documents.
- Supplied estimates for design, development, and testing tasks to project manager.
- Used ASP, Visual Basic 6, and Netron stored procedures.
- Designed and developed a solution to integrate the new company SAP supply chain system with legacy corporate systems.
- Led a consultant throughout the project, and assigned design, development, and testing tasks to both of us.
- Used Message Broker, ESQL, Websphere MQ, ABAP, ABAP Workbench, XI Adapter, and SAP GUI.
- Developed a successful prototype solution to integrate store point of sale data with corporate systems via messaging, with the goal of making the point of sale data immediately available for analysis.
- Implemented the solution using Websphere MQ, viaMQ: Files, and MQ Internet Pass-thru.
- Developed the order entry and receiving segments of the web based CIMS to allow retailers to order and receive merchandise from Confidential .
- Supported the order entry application to make sure all orders were successfully processed before the order cut-off times.
- Received the company’s Distinguished Contribution for creating the first release of CIMS (a web based suite of inventory maintenance applications) for over 1000 stores nationwide, leading to more cost effective control of individual store inventory.
- Trained store personnel to use CIMS.
- Visited several stores to train retailers on how to use the ordering, item maintenance, and vendor maintenance applications. Received feedback from the store personnel.
- Designed and developed the inventory mass update batch processing part of CIMS to allow retailers to update as much as their entire inventory with one click. Created the architecture to be used by future batch applications.
- Mentored junior developers and consultants with problem resolution and coding standards for Java applications.
- Profiled Java application performance to improve scalability. Worked with design team to document and implement performance improvements.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained retail software applications used by over 2000 retailers across the country to manage their store operations. Implemented these applications using COBOL, C, and UNIX scripting.
- Designed and developed an application to extract and convert store POS data for migration to a new POS. Supported the application for use by approximately 100 stores. Used Visual Basic 6 and SQL Server for the solution.
- Received Confidential ’s Quarterly Excellence for converting newly acquired True Value stores’ POS system data to facilitate a seamless transition to Confidential .
- Worked closely with the field staff to gather store data requirements and validate the conversion results.
- Executed the conversions utilizing UNIX/awk/Perl scripting and COBOL.