- In over 10 years in the software industry I have performed in roles as diverse as instructor - training developers and sales force-, analyst/developer -delivering solutions to customers’ information needs-, and as a marketing person -evangelizing technology.
- I was involved with the growth of PowerBuilder in the software market almost from its beginning, and I have hands-on experience in versions 2 through 6 and 12.
- This vast spectrum of experiences taught me to appreciate the software industry from many different angles.
- As a consultant, not only did I have to deliver solutions to clients' needs, but as a PB specialist, I always had to see the whole picture of systems, trying to recommend the best way to use PB.
- Another role that deserves special mention is the marketing and evangelizing of software products.
- Under this hat, I had the opportunity to appreciate the importance of effectively broadcasting technical information to customers, developers, and sales force.
- This role put me in contact with another exciting activity, the development of proofs of concept.
- This rapid development of prototypes to help customers visualize the solution to their business needs was one of the most challenging and exciting jobs I had to do.
AREAS OF INTEREST/TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Lead Powerbuilder Architect and Instructor
- Trained and lead a team in the development of financial applications for the head bank of Venezuela, using Powerbuilder as front end, Java (Web services) as middle tier, and Oracle as back end.
- Development of business requirements under the J2EE, MVC paradigms.
- Analysis and Development of new requirements for an important banking institution using Natural/Adabas, COBOL.
- Development and maintenance of a PowerBuilder 6.0 application.
Field Application Engineer
- Assisted customers in the development, testing and maintenance of Confidential applications.
- Provided technical support for Confidential products.
Technical Evangelist, Consultant, Instructor
- Performed as a technical speaker in multiple conferences and shows, trained customers, instructors and sales force.
- As Sr. Instructor for Latin America, coordinated the certification of instructors across Latin America.
- Collaborated with the translation of PowerBuilder into Spanish. Provided Technical and Marketing support to Latin America partners.
- Assisted customers in the development, QA and tuning of PowerBuilder applications.
- Performed sales presentations in Latin America.
- Technical Support Engineer for PowerBuilder and Watcom SQL.
- Delivered training to customers in Latin America.
- Setup a Netware 3.12 server and migrated environment from previous network (Netware 3.11).
- Due to the effective use of inheritance, the development time was cut in more than half.
- Assistant to the system manager. System managemt duties like periodical jobs, DBA duties, and application development in Tandem/COBOL.