- 9 years overall experience in Design, Application Development, Production Support, Maintenance and Performance Testing of Enterprise applications.
- Strong Object Oriented Design concepts, in - depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Expertise in Core Java (1.8), OOPS, Threads, Concurrency, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB’s, JDBC, JMS, JUnit, Tag libraries and JNDI.
- Experience working with application servers IBM WebSphere, RAD, BEA WebLogic and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience using Model View Controller (MVC) design, Spring Framework, Struts, Design Patterns like DAO, Factory Design Pattern, Session Façade, Transfer Objects, and Singleton.
- Worked with web-technologies like XML, XML Schemas, DOM, SAX, and used parsers like Castor.
- Experience with PL/SQL, Cursors, Packages, Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Worked with various databases including Oracle, SQL Server, MySql and used ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Worked with HP Load Runner & Performance Center for Performance Testing of Enterprise applications.
Programming languages: Java SE (1.8), Java EE, JDBC, EJB, JSPs, Servlets, UNIX Shell Scripting, Regular Expressions, Perl, C/C++, Multithreading, Collections.
Web/App Servers: WebSphere 5.x, Apache, Glassfish, WebLogic, Jboss 4, Tomcat 7
IDE: Eclipse, WSAD 5.1, NetBeans, MyEclipse 5.1
XML: XML, XML Schema, XPath, Apache Axis, SAX, DOM.
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g, MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus
Frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Struts.
Web Services: JAX-RS, REST, JAX-WS, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSx
Others: Maven, Junit, Toad, Git, SmartGit, CVS, ANT, Log4j, UML, Rational Rose, HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center.
Senior Java developer
- Participated in requirements gathering, analysis, coding, code review and unit testing.
- Coordinated with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Scrum team to develop application.
- Developed application using Spring Boot, Cloud, Java 8, RESTful web services.
- Wrote Java interfaces, implementations. Worked with Collection implementations, Strings, designed Controller classes for Spring Rest.
- Worked with Java Exception handling, both checked and unchecked, coded JDBC statements. Interfaced with SFP and CCT tiers to log transaction details for credit card transactions.
- In collaboration with UI design team, developed parts of application front end and screens.
- Worked on Spring security, AOP using Java configuration.
- Participated in daily standups, Sprint review, Sprint retro and Sprint planning sessions.
- Completed all assigned stories for given Sprint cycle satisfactorily.
Environment: Java 8, Eclipse, Spring Boot, Microservices, Cloud, JUnit, RESTful web services, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, JSP, JDBC, Agile Scrum, Sprint, Angular, Visual Studio, JFrog, Windows 10, HTML, Java Beans, XML, Git, Maven.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of application. Analyzed business requirements, participated in application flow and design strategy, interacted with end users and management throughout the product development.
- Developed application using Spring Boot, Spring Initializr, core Java concepts like Polymorphism, method overriding, Threads.
- Used Java 8 features - Functional Interfaces, Streams API, Comparators.
- Made effective use of data structures and algorithms to solve complex problems, reducing time complexity and memory usage.
- Made code more robust by using Exceptions, Coded several JDBC Prepared Statements. Designed and developed DAO layer for database access.
- Used Eclipse as the Java IDE in the development of the application.
- Coded Spring MVC components, used Spring Core, Spring AOP.
- Used Spring validation framework to implement the server-side validations.
- Used higher level concurrency API to schedule and run threads.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
Environment: JDK 1.8, Oracle 10g, Eclipse, Tomcat 8, Spring MVC, JUnit, Restful web services, Annotations, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, JSP, Form, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Web Logic 8.0, HTML, Java Beans, JDBC, XML, JMS, UML, JUnit, logger, Maven.
Senior Java developer/Technology Lead
- Production support and development of web based application using core Java (1.8).
- Worked with Java 8 features lambda expressions, Functional Interfaces, Streams
- Worked with Callable, Future interfaces.
- Implemented the business logic using proven design patterns, sorted custom objects using Collections API.
- Refactored code to eliminate redundancy, reduce mix up of business logic from other tiers and ensured clear separation of modules
- Used JSP to develop application views. Created controller Servlets and Servlet Filters
- Developed Restful API Web Services using Spring which were exposed to other applications. Used Spring MVC, AOP.
- Used JDBC to do select/update/delete depending upon the business requirement.
Senior Analyst - Java
- Responsible for planning, designing, building, monitoring, and supporting new and existing software and web applications in the Payment industry.
- Responsible for all software aspects including research, design, technology development, testing, deployment and sustainment.
- Developed application using Spring, core Java Collections, Exceptions, Threads. Developed Servlets, JSP, and Scripting.
- Application design and development, database design and development, and efficiency analysis
- Interacted with end users, analyzed requirements and implemented code for different modules Involved with design, application flow and development of the following modules
- Wrote business logic for several critical modules including generating unique credit score using proprietary algorithms.
- Used Eclipse Integrated Development Environment for all Java development and worked with proven design patterns like Front Controller and DAO. Worked with Web Services, RESTful API.
- Helped maintain system's technical documentation up-to-date, participated in defining testing strategies & scenarios. Participated in troubleshooting, debugging and proposing solutions to improve application performance issues to meet client's expectations and SLA’s.
- Involved in production support, monitoring server and error logs, resolving potential issues and escalating problems to higher levels.
Environment: Java core, Collections, Threads, BigDecimal, SQL, STS, Eclipse, JSP, ServletsRESTful, HTML, XML, XSD, XML Schemas, MVC, Java Beans, UNIX, JDBC, TOAD
- Installed and configured computational programs like Gaussian, Insight, Amber on Irix and Unix Operating Systems.
- Other duties include upgrading, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining computing cluster and hardware resources.
- Provided technical vision and leadership required to deliver complex and critical solutions. The ability to range from code and detailed technical work to engaging with senior management and business teams will be critical to your success. Initial focus area will be mainframe migration to cloud.
- Developed application using core Java - Collection, Generics, Exceptions and J2EE.
- Worked with concurrency, multi threading.
- Analyzed performance bottlenecks and improved throughput for online ordering of services (prescription Rx).
- Created advice to define aspects and its functionality using Spring AOP support. Wrote Controller classes in Spring MVC framework in the web layer.
- Used Eclipse to develop the Web Application and deployed on application server. Identified long running database SQL queries and fine tuned SQL statements to improve throughput.
- Stepping through Rx connect application using Java profiling and debugging tools (locally and remotely) to tweak JVM Heap size to an optimum level, object allocation and thread creation.
- Developed Servlets, authored JSP’s, worked with JDBC prepared statements, PL/SQL for processing the data on the server.
- Identified critical business processes and load test scenarios. Created Load Runner scripts and tested them on test and production environments. Automated Load Runner script using correlation and parameterization to handle all client requirements. Worked with HP Performance Center.
- Ensure application stability through continual monitoring, tuning, and making performance improvements in the production environment.
- Benchmarked the application using incremental amount of user loads and monitored application behavior under these load conditions.
- Server and Database resource monitoring. Monitored application scalability and critical transaction response times. Performance bottlenecks were analyzed and solutions suggested.
Environment: CVS, Rx connect, Web Services, NetBeans Profiler, JProbe, JConsole, Java, J2EE, Oracle, Garbage Collection Load Runner, Hibernate, Session, Performance Center, Oracle9i, Apache, JBoss, UNIX, Junit.