- Experienced Java developer, systems administrator and database application developer with over 15+ years of programming experience seeking opportunity as Senior Systems Engineer.
Databases: DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Access, and 4th Dimension
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP/2000, Mac OS 9/X, Linux, AIX, DOS and Solaris.
Software: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Codewarrior and SPSS/Systat.
Hardware: Macintosh, PC, IBM RS/6000 Sun and SGI.
Networks: TCP/IP, Novell, AppleTalk and Ethernet.
Application Servers: WebSphere, JBOSS and Tomcat
Senior IT Operating System Consultant
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
- Diagnosed Java and database connectivity problems in WebSphere.
- Developed Managed Service standards for UHG customers.
- Evaluated new hardware and software systems.
- Built zLinux managed service for UHG Tricare initiative.
- Developed benchmarks for WebSphere running on AIX/Linux, increased performance by 20%.
- Converted customer systems from out - of-date WebSphere versions to current WebSphere versions.
- Worked with Oracle Database Administrators to implement Oracle RAC FAN, which improved RAC failover and application failover notifications.
Application Development Consultant
- Developed Java based web services for an enterprise service bus.
- Diagnosed web service, MQ and Message Broker problems.
- Resolved customer issues regarding data access to backend claim systems.
- Triaged and fixed software defects.
- Developed Java programs that sent pharmacy claims to various computer routing systems.
- Configured and Administrated WebSphere servers running on Windows and Unix platforms.
- Installed and configured QA test environments on IBM and HP Unix servers. Performed DBA functions on Oracle databases.