Senior Information technology professional with extensive experience in java application development and java application server administration. Designed and implemented enterprise products with multi - tier client server architecture. Enhanced existing identity management, single-sign-on, and paperless payroll systems with new features and performance improvements.
CORE STRENGTHS IN:
- Agile development tools and methodology
- WebSphere Virtual Enterprise topology
- Scrum team management
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Object-oriented design & programming
- Websphere app server administration
TECHNICAL & SPECIALIZED SKILLS:
Database: Oracle 11g, MySQL, LDAP v7
Java Framework: Swing, Hibernate, JPA, JDBC, RESTful, DOJO, JMS, JSP, Struts, Servlets, Coherence, IBM Extreme Scale Cache, Batch Compute Grid.
Java App Server: Websphere 7, Tomcat 6
Scripting: Jython, Jacl, Ruby, Bash, Perl, sed, awk, Ant.
Middleware: WebSphere App Server, IBM MQ, IBM Message Broker, RPC, Wily Introscope.
Application lifecycle Management Tools: BuildForge, Rational Team Concert, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Subversion, Blade Logic, SCCS, CVS, Cruise Control.
Development Tools: RAD 7.5, NetBeans, JUnit, SOAP UI, HttpWatch, XMLSpy, JProbe, Ounce, Code Inspector.
Operation System: zLinux, Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Technologies Consultant / Application Developer
- Developed and led development of robust software to support ADP paperless payroll and application identity management.
- Installed and Maintained continuous integration servers, repositories, agile development tools in support of agile development process.
- Analyzed JVM multi-threading, garbage collection, and performance optimization.
- Mentored and trained team members for application implementation on clustered Websphere app servers.
- Utilized Java, J2EE, Siteminder, Datapower, RESTful, JSP, JMS, XML, Coherence, Hibernate, JPA, JDBC, Rational Team Concert on Websphere and Linux platforms.
- Served as scrum master in a scrum team with offshore team members. Focused on continuous improvement, rapid prototype and coding, but flex scope. Collaborated with business analyst and delivered new software improvement in frequently short cycles. Resulting in many successful releases without much last minute surprise.
- Implemented and Maintained continuous integration servers, SVN repositories, agile development tools to support development teams in multiple geographic regions. Streamlined parallel build process and increased accuracy by leveraging Rational Team Concert and Jenkins tools.
- Wrote java program to process W2C document in payroll archive system. Enabled company to support online W2C form. Allowed company met regulatory commitments in a timely manner.
- Resolved urgent problem on payroll product from enterprise class customers. Redesigned and coded with minimum impact. Completed project within tight schedule.
- Redesigned JMS resource definition configuration on WebSphere using Channel table technology. Resulting JMS message well balanced amount production Q Managers.
- Developed application large in-memory cache by leveraging Oracle Coherence Cache solution. Reduced JVM heap overhead and made application highly scalable.
- Implemented application data batch processing using IBM compute grid batch solution. Enabled support team to submit xJCL to request batch job via online scheduler. Reduced operational cost.
- Redesigned application deployment process and WebSphere app server topology. Reduced system downtime maintenance window from 8 hours to 2 hours.
Confidential, Tinton Fall, NJ
System Development Engineer
- Enhanced and maintained existing high bandwidth electronic document delivery system. Implemented application statistical data collection and monitoring system.
- Technology involved C++, Standard Template Library, RPC, Java, JNI, JDBC, HTML, SQL.
- Implemented network file transferring client API using C++, RPC, Version 3 NFS service, and NFS library. This software API is built very efficient and able to support Confidential ’s high bandwidth and high volume document delivery systems.
- Wrote many servlets, java beans, and tag libraries as core reusable components. Minimized development effort by allowing components to be shared among products.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Sr. Software Engineer
- Enhanced and maintained Confidential ’ telephony applications including calling card, interactive voice response (IVR), SMS, text to speech, voice mails, FAXes retention, notification, and forwarding features.
- Utilized XML, VoiceXML, Java, JSP, JavaMail, C++, JNI, Oracle, and TCP/IP Socket programming.
- Identified, evaluated and implemented an IVR service to handle automatic calling card replenish.
- Minimized implementation effort by leveraging components with existing products .
- Reduced call center overhead from handling thousands of calling card recharge request per day.
- Implemented automated customer account provisioning feature.
- Streamlined operations and increased account creation accuracy.