- Result - oriented leader with around 20+ years of Engineering & IT Experience in areas like eCommerce, Retail, Solution & Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture & Development, Cloud, Digital Transformation etc.
- Performed Engineering Leadership Roles and successfully delivered multiple large-scale enterprise projects, responsible for leading and managing onshore and offshore teams
- Ability to see end to end business and technical strategy and map them to architecture execution by utilizing appropriate framework
- Advising on technologies & tools selection, and helping in sizing Digital Transformation programs core competencies include Digital Strategy
- Hands on experience in architecting and implementing microservice architectures
- Experience in developing and executing Enterprise Integration Strategy and Road map to support the both PaaS platforms and on-premise infrastructures
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in Architecting and implementing Cloud Native Applications
- Executing highly functional proof-of-concepts following rapid prototyping
- Strong experience in Legacy Modernization, Migration to Cloud Platforms
- Adapt to a dynamic business environment, proactively seeking ways to improve engineering value to the organization, and work well in a global business.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner, team player, collaborator etc.,
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills & Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
Java/ J2EE: Core, OOPS, JDBC, Beans, Servlets, JSP, Java EE, Java-Security.
Frameworks: Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration & others)
Design Patterns & Standards: REST API standards, Micro Services Patterns, Java & J2EE Patterns and Integration Patterns
Runtime: Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) - Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Cloud: Design & Development of Services & Applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Micro Services
Messaging: JMS, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ & Apache Kafka
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, LDAP etc.
Memory Grids & Distributed Search: Gemfire, Redis, MemSQL, Elastic Search etc.
Web: HTML 5, Angular JS, CSS 3, XML, AJAX, jQuery and Portal Development
Solutions: Platform & SOA Services, CRM, Messaging, Ordering / Fulfillment / Service Support, Monitoring & Reporting, Middleware, Mobile Applications, Business Process Automation, Distributed Computing etc.
Senior Engineering Manager, eCommerce
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Fostered positive and performance-oriented environment with level-of-effort estimation, design, development, implementation, and Quality Assurance etc.,
- Represented engineering organization, shared business and technical insights with broader eCommerce engineering and product organization
- Collaborated on all stages of systems development life-cycle from requirements gathering to production releases
- Worked with cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs
- Gathered and defined customer requirements to develop clear specifications for creating well-organized project plans
- Evaluates business needs, identify problems, define functional requirements, technical specifications, influencing technology and business stakeholders on how best to leverage and maximize business value
- Managed resource scheduling and task execution to plans and objectives.
- Maintained high-level understanding of dependencies that could lead to scheduling risks by partnering and collaborating well, Mentored Architects & Engineering teams
- Aligned engineering activities with corporate objectives by co-coordinating with all stake holders with realistic implementation schedules and adherence to agile development goals and principles
- Partnered with product & business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap and requirements, optimize specifications and build out high performance, scalable & reliable solutions
- Managed Finances - Capital and Expense within budget and look for ways to optimize spending
Technologies & Tools: Java, Spring Framework (Boot & Cloud), ReactJS/Node.JS, REST/Microservices, Netflix OSS Framework (Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix Circuit Breaker etc.,), Nginx, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Kafka, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Jenkins (CICD), Splunk, New Relic, OAUTH2, LDAP, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Linux etc.
Senior Architecture Advisor
Confidential, Southborough, MA
- Played a key role in the IT Digital Transformation Journey working closely with stakeholders like IT Architects, Business Leaders etc.,
- Lead & Developed strategy for private cloud migration and implementation best practices for legacy systems.
- Played a key role in evaluating, establishing and conducting proof of concepts of various cloud native frameworks, Demoed to Engineering, Product/Business Teams etc.,
- Lead & Developed the creation of technology framework, patterns and providing technical leadership in support of Enterprise Integration Services initiatives in cloud computing and automation with a focus on the design of services that run on cloud platforms
- Acted as a SME to the organization for cloud’s end-to end architecture and implementation
- Developed Event Driven solutions and evaluated architectural frameworks for private PaaS
- Provided technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Provided leadership and direction on a variety of design decisions, solution evaluation, tools selection, high level technical design etc.,
- Mentored Engineers & Application Architects
Technologies & Tools: REST API's/Microservices, Spring Cloud Services, Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Confidential Boomi, Spring Batch), Java, Kafka, Elastic Search, Platform as a Service (PaaS), RabbitMQ, Gemfire, GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Layer 7 API Gateway, Oracle Fusion, IBM MQ, IBM Data Power, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
Technology Manager & Architect
Confidential, Southboro, MA
- Lead System architecture for Global Customer Services Application
- Managed Global team of 20+, supporting development of customer service, marketing, messaging, mobile, and distributed computing solutions
- Lead Design, development, integration, Delivery of SOA services and application architectures for core enterprise business applications; serve as key contributor within IT architecture and SOA governance teams
- Routinely evaluated emerging technology and distributed computing architectures
- Design and development of lightweight architectures for messaging, batch, event-driven applications supporting the global services group; oversee end-to-end SDLC.
- Lead design and development of next-generation portal framework
- Lead Analysis and automation of key service business processes to achieve a $3M annual cost-savings.
- Spearheaded pivotal aspects of Agile development methodology implementation, including development of status report, story management, and work scheduling processes
- Managed and mentored Technical Leads & developers. Initiated and supervised company-wide development practices.
- Major contributor to company code library, propriety code generation tool helped the company scale without adding developers
- Earned consistent performance recognition, including EMC Gold Awards for top contributions; received team-level industry accolades from ASP Online for Best Web Support Porta
Technologies & Tool: Linux, Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring WS/REST, Hibernate O/R, Gemfire Cache, RabbitMQ, Progress Actional, EhCache, Oracle 12g, Oracle Apps, CRM, Maven and Toplink O/R