- Having 13 plus years of experience and skilled Agile Developer with a strong record of excellent teamwork and successful coding project management. Specialized in problem identification and proposal of alternative solutions. Adept at working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Worked on various platforms & technologies like Java, J2EE and Application Frameworks - Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Struts and ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Expertized in all the phases of software development life cycle that includes Analysis, Design, Implementation, Integration and testing of various applications using Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall Model with 13 plus years of industry experience in banking, finance, insurance, logistics domains.
- Leverages comprehensive knowledge of banking and finance domain to design software solution and Creates design documents including High Level Design document, Detailed Technical Design Document, and Interface Control documents.
- Leads discussions between client and the offshore team, helping the offshore team understand requirements and resolving their functional and technical queries and updating the client management team on offshore development efforts
- Mentor and monitor software development activities of development team and make sure that development milestones are accomplished.
- Identify and mitigate technology risk associated with architecture.
- Develops complex reusable services for Discover Financial Services in service-oriented architecture using expertise in SOAP and REST based Web Services with JAX-WS, JAX-RS and application security, ensuring continuous integration using Github, Jenkins and Gradle with automated test cases using Mockito and SonarQube for code coverage.
- Created microservices with spring boot and spring cloud and deploy to Pivotal cloud foundry (PCF).
- Migrated SOAP based applications to microservices architecture using Spring Boot. Deployed, Scaled and Configured various Microservices in PCF.
- Applies functional knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Spring Boot (Micro Services), JMS with IBM MQ to create new service(s) as well as migrate existing services onto the PaaS platform as needed.
- Utilizes highly developed knowledge of JBOSS Drools, Spring batch and DevOps to develop rule engine for business validation.
- Setting up and managing batch jobs using UNIX scripts and Autosys. UNIX and Autosys scripts changes for the application as part of server/infrastructure changes.
- Managing approval & Sign off Process for application install in pre-production and production environments.
Programming Languages: Java
Web Application Technologies: JSP, Servlets
Web Services: JAX-WS, SOAP, JAX-RS, REST
Enterprise Application Technologies: EJB, JMS, JNDI
Cloud Environments: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Application Framework: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Struts
ORM Frameworks: Hibernate
Databases: Oracle, DB2
Application Servers: WAS 8, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
IDE/Tools: Eclipse, IBM RAD, Spring STS, CA Rally
XML Suite: XML, XPath, XSD, DTD
Others: Gradle, Git, Jenkins, SVN, PCF, HP LoadRunner, JMeter, SonarQube, AppDynamics
OS Environments: Windows Family, Linux
Lead Java Developer
Software Stack: Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot (MicroServices), Web Services, PCF, STS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, SOAP UI, REST UI, IBM RAD, IBM WAS8, AppDynamics, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit and mock frameworks, JMeter.
- Delivered projects on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria in a hybrid methodology environment as they attempted to transition to an Agile Methodology.
- Reported progress to all the consumers through Sprint Burn-Down Reports, Iteration Burn-Down Reports and target updates.
- Wrote User Stories based on the requirements gathered from all consumers.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Standups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review & Retrospective.
- Coordinated with systems partners to finalize designs and formalize requirements Utilized Story. Sizing and Planning Poker techniques as needed based on the length of the backlog and priorities.
- Operated in 3-week sprints with flexibility on length based on immediate functionality concerns.
- Ensured application availability and data integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Involved in Production support activities like Change Management, Pre & Post Validations, Incident Management, Service Documentation, and Knowledge Transfer and supported during critical situations.
- Involved in Securing the SOAP & RESTful Services using JWT authentication for its Consumers.
- Involved in Development of Spring Batch Applications and scheduling using batch jobs.
- Involved in Developing build scripts for Gradle and Configured Jenkins Jobs to trigger Gradle build.
- Involved in Development & Deployment of the MicroServices in Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Developed Unit test cases along with Mocking, Integration Test Suite for SOAP & RESTful Web Services and Load testing using Jmeter.
- Involved in Continuous performance monitoring using AppDynamics.
- Involved in generating reports from WAS8 deployed Application logs using Shell Scripting.
Software Stack: Spring Framework for SOAP Services, Oracle 10g, STS
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Code Development along with Code review.
- Involved in Production support activities like Pre & Post Validations, Incident Management, and Service Documentation.
- Developed SOAP Web Services using Top Down approach using Spring Web Services.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework that leverages classical Model View Controller (MVC) architecture. Responsible for system analysis, design and development using J2EE architecture.
- Performed unit testing of the developed application.
Senior Software Engineer
Software Stack: Java, Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Struts1.1, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, UML, Rational Software Architecture (RSA 6.0), WebSphere Application Server, ClearCase and db2.
- Primary responsibilities include Requirement Gathering, Code development and review.
- Used Log4J for logging. Perform daily monitoring of log files and resolve issues.
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring and Hibernate.
- Used OR Mapping Hibernate Framework to persist Java Objects into the database.
- Developed most of hibernate query language (HQL) and hibernate configuration and mapping with spring.
- Developed transactions using hibernate with HQL, queries and criteria’s in Struts 2.0 environment.
- Extensively involved in writing spring AOP for validation, logging and transactions in the project.
- Worked on project deployment files such as web.xml, Struts-Config.xml files for security role descriptions, Java bean class definitions, Action Classes mappings, JSPs declarations and database connection pooling.
- Involved in implementing the DAO pattern for database connectivity and Hibernate.
- Involved in the development of components using JavaBeans.
Software Stack: Java, Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Struts1.1, EJB, WebLogic 7.0 and Agentis.
- Involved in the development and maintenance of GEMA by using Servlet, JSP and Struts framework.
- Analyzed all business functionality related to DHL FTR.
- Developed technical specifications for various back end modules from business requirements. Specifications are done according to standard specification formats.
- Experience in EJB, create new as well as modified the existing as per requirement.
- Implemented Business logic using Session Beans (Stateless).
- Developed back end interfaces using Business Delegates and Data Access Objects (DAO) for interacting with Informix.
- Used EJB QL for retrieving data.
- Utilized Java Mail service to communicate between GEMA and Non GEMA application.
- Responsible for SQL tuning and optimization using Analyze, Explain Plan, TKPROF utility and optimizer hints.9
- Suggested and converted several existing UI for better user interaction.
- Has developed jsp’s as part of UI layer
- Has used agentis as UML modeling tool.
- Involved in Coding of new methods for GEMA as part of enhancements.
- Involved in Coding of new methods for ENA as part of enhancements
- Rigorous Monitoring of ENA and PQS.
- Involved in preparation of Test cases for some Requirements.
- Involved in communication with Business people for clarification on Business Requirements/
- Has developed test cases for business functionalities.
- Implemented Collection framework.
- Involved in the Enhancement and maintenance of GEMA for test case mapping.
- Involved in the development of components using JavaBeans.